How The NSA Hacks Your iPhone (Presenting DROPOUT JEEP) | Zero Hedge

Towards the end of the article, the author offers this thought. "How ironic would it be if Blackberry, left for dead by virtually everyone, began marketing its products as the only smartphone that does not allow the NSA access to one's data (and did so accordingly). Since pretty much everything else it has tried has failed, we don't see the downside to this hail mary attempt to strike back at Big Brother and maybe make some money, by doing the right thing for once."
    I have often thought that there will eventually be a gravitation towards more secure communications. I wish Blackberry had a home service that enabled all data coming into and leaving your home to go through one of their servers. I would jump on that one. Easier said than done of course. Wishful thinking.
    12-30-13 04:25 PM
    BlackBerry could never get away with saying that because the reality is, no one really knows. There once was a time when everything that people are saying NSA has now hacked, was once thought to be secure as well.
    00stryder likes this.
    12-30-13 04:28 PM
    BlackBerry could never get away with saying that because the reality is, no one really knows. There once was a time when everything that people are saying NSA has now hacked, was once thought to be secure as well.
    True, unfortunately.
    12-30-13 05:16 PM
    That home server is something I would jump on too.
    Plus integrate some qnx distributed whatever it's called and a dummy terminal and I'd be happy.

I always wondered if BlackBerry thought of building / small business servers with qnx.

Posted via CB10.2.1. Devices: iPhone 5, galaxy S3, I pad 2, PlayBook, ms Surface
    12-30-13 05:42 PM
    Until some hacker out there really does some serious damage to Apple's iPhone, people will still buy iPhone.. Unfortunately, BB can only hope that their own business and marketing strategy can sway enough users to switch over to solidify their business...
    12-30-13 05:56 PM
    Until some hacker out there really does some serious damage to Apple's iPhone, people will still buy iPhone.
    And in all honestly, for all the talk around here about iPhone being "insecure", I have yet to see a serious example of it being hacked and doing damage.
    12-30-13 05:58 PM
    looks like someone has made a great concept regarding this.
    The BlackBerry MySpot Concept - BerryFlow
    01-10-14 09:24 AM
    Can anyone help me out with that security issue: we say Blackberry would be safer but how can they be safer if they build their security center in Washington ?
    On the soil of Patriot Act country isn't it a plain contradiction?
    Just wondering...

Posted via CB10
    01-10-14 10:35 AM
    what I find interesting is you do not find India or UAE threatening Apple or Samsoung with a product ban because they cannot get access to their servers as they have with BB..... security is not just about NSA hacking... would be more worried about... East European Crime Syndicates...., Russia, China and Iran.. not to mention out "friends" as well....
    01-10-14 11:22 AM
    As far as I know BES hacking was also covered by the Snowden leaks. But to get actual access to BES data there had to be spyware installed on the actual companys server, which is said to took much effort. As said, only that single company is affected in that case. So at least to some extend BlackBerry can make a claim.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-14 11:54 AM