I like them both, the slide out PKB and security on the Priv is a plus. I think the one advantage the Priv has over the iPhone is the price at the moment.

I have seen nice ones selling for 300-350 and a used 6s 64 is still 550 dollars so I think the value is the Priv. But I would recommend trying out both devices and see what works best for your needs.
    Thanks.

One question would be whether if the Priv and the iPhone were very close in price (that would apply mainly to the iPhone SE), which would you prefer. To me the only reason to buy a Priv over an iPhone is the pkbd, having spent a full hour playing with the Priv in an AT&T Store, and using my wife's iPhone SE casually. It's definitely tougher to type on the iPhone SE than on the Priv, although a larger iPhone screen, say, the 6 or 6 Plus, might make up for it.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-16 03:21 PM
    Your story is the same as mine in terms of being a very early adopter of OS10. And I'm now on the PP SE. But it's starting to get difficult with the lack of native apps and only partial and inconsistent functionality of Android Google Play apps, even with Cobalt's fixes.

Question is whether to get a Priv w pkbd or maybe an S7, or just bite the bullet and go for an iPhone, with the 6 series likely to get a little cheaper when the iPhone 7 comes out. I'm most concerned about the lack of the pkbd and how easy it will be to compose messages, and the lack of multitasking. I don't know how limited the iPhones are in terms of multitasking.

Which are you happier with, the Priv or the iPhone? I can't get both easily.

Posted via CB10
    Well I had a passport SE, and I have had the same situation when I had to choose between Priv and S7, I choose S7 because of its higher spec sheet. but after few weeks I started missing my pkb. I wish I had gone for the priv. atleast I would have enjoyed the bb experience with its apps and also the pkb.
    08-21-16 05:49 PM
    Thanks.

One question would be whether if the Priv and the iPhone were very close in price (that would apply mainly to the iPhone SE), which would you prefer. To me the only reason to buy a Priv over an iPhone is the pkbd, having spent a full hour playing with the Priv in an AT&T Store, and using my wife's iPhone SE casually. It's definitely tougher to type on the iPhone SE than on the Priv, although a larger iPhone screen, say, the 6 or 6 Plus, might make up for it.

Posted via CB10
    You have a good point about the iPhone 5SE, although I love the forum factor, I prefer the larger screen 6s and after I have been using the force touch screen functions with the apps that support it, I find my self liking this feature. Good luck with whatever device you choose.
    08-21-16 05:56 PM
    It was a fun ride with bb10...but it's dead in the water . I moved to the z10 on release day in canada , rolled through a z30 on release and a passport in the same fashion. I purchased a Priv again upon release and no turning back. Now....where is that next high end blackberry android. I'm on it.
    08-21-16 10:46 PM
    When you truly love a device, you use it 2.7 years after the updates stop

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-21-16 11:07 PM
    Not missing BB10 at all...
    Using BlackBerry OS10 exclusively all the time on all my devices... nothing wrong with it.

Posted either via -Passport SQW100-1 or -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    +1 at least!...?

#BlackberryPassportSE is a steal! Fully functional for my needs as a power user in a few areas and others I am not however on all areas that I am - I have found fixes mostly from CellNinja, Conite, Cobalt (mostly Cobalt) and even Nemory for the one app as his hub integration is the best, let's at least face that even if a few of his apps are painfully slow, on that note what is wrong with the true twitter app, I use it after trying all the others. It's fine. If I was going to switch it would be to Blaq though as have all of them to compare!...Anyway nemory's hub integration, It just works so if the FB app ever truly stops working, I have that on the sideline. Especially the awesome messenger pro must be his golden app ever since fixed hub integration. Yes I am tired and this post is very sporadic, my apologies but I can't miss something I never left, in fact I own droids but all tablets. I never owned another smartphone that was not blackberry as even had an AOL Pager by rim. All the sidekicks by RIM or was it danger(?) etc, etc... followed them right where we are today.

Goodnight world...

Posted via CB10
    08-21-16 11:24 PM
    Your story is the same as mine in terms of being a very early adopter of OS10. And I'm now on the PP SE. But it's starting to get difficult with the lack of native apps and only partial and inconsistent functionality of Android Google Play apps, even with Cobalt's fixes.

Question is whether to get a Priv w pkbd or maybe an S7, or just bite the bullet and go for an iPhone, with the 6 series likely to get a little cheaper when the iPhone 7 comes out. I'm most concerned about the lack of the pkbd and how easy it will be to compose messages, and the lack of multitasking. I don't know how limited the iPhones are in terms of multitasking.

Which are you happier with, the Priv or the iPhone? I can't get both easily.

Posted via CB10
    I have a friend who chose to keep his Priv over his Nexus and iPhone 6. He is a Tmobile rep. He likes that the Priv is unique, solid and he loves the VKB. I was surprised since he only kept his Z10 for a short while. He doesn't use the PKB much .

Posted via my Priv
    08-22-16 06:52 AM
    Problem fixed if you own the latest BB10 smartphone.

Posted via CB10
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    08-22-16 02:59 PM
    Actually not

dtek50
    08-27-16 01:47 PM
    I thought windows phones were not really any better then blackberry? Thought you couldn't get that many apps on there devices either and isn't the OS no good? Anyways I love my Q10 and wouldn't change it for anything. It's a good reliable device that works and gets good battery life. Also the fact that bb10 is stopping and going under is so sad. It is one of the best operating os in the market. I switched from the z10 to the note 5 and didn't think it was any better and I missed it so switched back to the z10. Now I am using the Q10 and it's the best phone. Passport might be better but I love the Q10. Maybe some sort of miracle will happen and they well find a way back or something.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-16 03:00 PM
    I thought windows phones were not really any better then blackberry? Thought you couldn't get that many apps on there devices either and isn't the OS no good? Anyways I love my Q10 and wouldn't change it for anything. It's a good reliable device that works and gets good battery life. Also the fact that bb10 is stopping and going under is so sad. It is one of the best operating os in the market. I switched from the z10 to the note 5 and didn't think it was any better and I missed it so switched back to the z10. Now I am using the Q10 and it's the best phone. Passport might be better but I love the Q10. Maybe some sort of miracle will happen and they well find a way back or something.

Posted via CB10
    I dunno why they don't bring some of that money from the QNX automobile industry they are dominating back to BB10, we were on our way then POOF, gaveup again... stupid.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-16 05:29 PM
    I dunno why they don't bring some of that money from the QNX automobile industry they are dominating back to BB10, we were on our way then POOF, gaveup again... stupid.

Posted via CB10
    If they do a few little things like add a feature in the middle of the drop down for 1:1 screens to zoom out and in, add a third feature to lock the app in place so when in a game and excited u don't swipe it away, also a few other tweaks we were on our way! The biggest even if abandoning US leave us with a lollipop runtime (they know about now because of the priv or 6.1.1) at least! That way BB10 would flourish for years to come! Otherwise were dead!

Also, I am grounded enough to know they won't do this! Just a dream!

-Catch

Posted via CB10
    08-27-16 06:42 PM
    I really miss the hub of all things. Currently using an android phone now, the Galaxy J7 and it's battery and the screen is awesome.

I still find android to be clunky as compared to BB10 but the apps on the playstore are great.

Moving forward, I hope Blackberry gets to modify android to make their devices feel more like BB10.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-28-16 04:58 AM
    Well, I thought I would still be using my Passport more tbh. My Xperia has pretty much taken over.

So first I miss the hub and the UI to get to the hub so much. I miss the pkb. I miss pulling out the weirdest looking phone ever made and getting attention.

I don't miss waiting forever for an android app to load slowly and work only halfway.

I don't miss the emails saying sorry, but our app will no longer be available on BB10.

I'm pretty happy with my new phone I guess. After reading reviews on the Xperia X performance, I was prepared for a lackluster performing phone with a crappy battery, but this thing flies and has battery to spare at the end of the day. I really bought it because I like the feel and the design of a Sony and it's been pretty great.

I wish I could have remained on BB10, but even I couldn't fool myself any longer that this wasn't turning into Playbook part two.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-16 11:21 AM
    My daughter switched to HTC and after 8 months, she still prefers BB10. It's the betamax of mobile OSs.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-16 11:49 AM
    i haven't had my hands on DTek yet but i saw couple of reviews, Chen said he is gonna wait until september for hardware division to become profitable, and we are already there, but there aren't any success stories coming realted to DTEK50..
    I can't imagine how the verdict on the DTEK could be in when it is still rolling out to carriers. In Chen's place, I would expect to have to weather 3 or 4 devices before the "Android by BB" experiment matures enough to win over some mindshare. A low-risk entry like the Idol is probably a good move for a couple more devices, but they'll have to spend more to get a KB device out the door.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-16 12:23 PM
    Well, I thought I would still be using my Passport more tbh. My Xperia has pretty much taken over.

So first I miss the hub and the UI to get to the hub so much. I miss the pkb. I miss pulling out the weirdest looking phone ever made and getting attention.

I don't miss waiting forever for an android app to load slowly and work only halfway.

I don't miss the emails saying sorry, but our app will no longer be available on BB10.

I'm pretty happy with my new phone I guess. After reading reviews on the Xperia X performance, I was prepared for a lackluster performing phone with a crappy battery, but this thing flies and has battery to spare at the end of the day. I really bought it because I like the feel and the design of a Sony and it's been pretty great.

I wish I could have remained on BB10, but even I couldn't fool myself any longer that this wasn't turning into Playbook part two.

Posted via CB10
    But you can get the hub now free by cobalt or hub+ paid, right? Grant it, it's not the same exactly but close and better then nothing. Typed from BlackBerry 10 via my wonderful Passport SE!

Posted via CB10
    BerrySoul likes this.
    08-28-16 07:13 PM
    I miss BlackBerry 10, but every time I go back to it, I last a few days and run screaming for my Priv.

08-29-16 09:34 AM
    I miss BlackBerry 10, but every time I go back to it, I last a few days and run screaming for my Priv.

I'm just the opposite. I have the DTEK50, and while it is a pretty good device, it is just clumsy and has no flow compared to BB10, so I am always happy to pick my passport back up.

The HUB is just too much of a step down BB10 vs Android. That's always been my issue, and while Blackberry Android is better than non-Blackberry Android, I find it still a little too pasted on vs integrated.

KAM
    08-29-16 10:53 AM
    I'm just the opposite. I have the DTEK50, and while it is a pretty good device, it is just clumsy and has no flow compared to BB10, so I am always happy to pick my passport back up.

The HUB is just too much of a step down BB10 vs Android. That's always been my issue, and while Blackberry Android is better than non-Blackberry Android, I find it still a little too pasted on vs integrated.

KAM
    I feel you. It took me forever to get used to the hub and UI on the Priv, but I've dabbled in Android land a few times and comparing how the experience was on an S6 compared to the Priv, it's leaps and bounds better for me. I still have my Classic around just in case I have the urge to go back to BB10.
    KAM1138 likes this.
    08-29-16 11:31 AM
    Post Android 5.1, I don't miss BB10. They're both pretty much the same, with the exception of...

BBM on BB10 is better than **** Android version...

Swipe navigation is better than home button navigation.

I have some ad free games on BB10.

All of that I can live without and don't miss. Quite happy with Android 6.01.

08-29-16 04:48 PM
    I miss the overall feel of the OS as a whole.. I remember being super excited about the launch of bb10 And remember thinking of all the possibilities with such a robust OS. Now don't get me wrong bb10 had its flaws at launch like all of the other half baked BlackBerry products. Storm and playbook........... but just like those two products. They didn't come with the support that they needed from consumers and devs. It's too bad. Because if BlackBerry would have had more natively developed applications at launch and had continuous support they would have faired better and we would have a much different mobile world today. BlackBerry may not have caught the Titans of Android and apple yet but their market share would be on the rise. Many of us had to leave the platform due to zero support for some necessary applications for work and business that were readily available on other platforms. Sad reality. BlackBerry had a very stable OS very fluid and interactive UI but it doesn't matter when applications are what drives the mobile space now.

Posted via my old faithful Z10
    08-29-16 05:42 PM
    I am not missing it. I am actually buying more BB10 Passport SEs to last me until i die :-)

Posted via CB10
    08-29-16 06:49 PM
    I am not missing it. I am actually buying more BB10 Passport SEs to last me until i die :-)

Posted via CB10
    Me too, use one as a tablet, one for work. I want a white one. If only they would give u the run time bars for at least lollipop, we would last a long time by ourselves! Wonder if it's Google holding them back! Hate Google. BB10 is the greatest mobile OS and the BlackBerry Passport IMO is the greatest phone even in 2016! Only thing I can bear would be a priv or LG V10 as a secondary!

Posted via CB10
    08-30-16 12:06 AM
    I'm not missing it and I won't be missing it.

I'm using the original passport and hoping to get an SE soon.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-16 07:37 AM
56 123