I am shopping around for an old 7290 to use as a backup. I have looked on ebay and craigslist.com in St.Louis. Why is it here in St.Louis these people are asking $100+ for an "Old Blue" and people in the Bay area are asking $20-50? How much is an old 7290 used really gonna cost me? I only paid $100 for my 8700g and it was near mint condtion. I emailed a guy on craigslist about a 7290 he was selling for $110 and asked him would he take 75. He emailed me back that the Blackberry is too hot of a phone to go that low. I emailed back that the 7290 was old and we are using the 8300 series now. He emailed me why did I want an old phone and I replied for nostalgia sake. He said $110 take it or leave it What gives midwest people? Yes, I live here in St.Louis and I may have to try and get one from someone in California but I'm just venting my frustration at a guy trying to get over.
    02-11-08 03:07 PM
    I am shopping around for an old 7290 to use as a backup. I have looked on ebay and craigslist.com in St.Louis. Why is it here in St.Louis these people are asking $100+ for an "Old Blue" and people in the Bay area are asking $20-50? How much is an old 7290 used really gonna cost me? I only paid $100 for my 8700g and it was near mint condtion. I emailed a guy on craigslist about a 7290 he was selling for $110 and asked him would he take 75. He emailed me back that the Blackberry is too hot of a phone to go that low. I emailed back that the 7290 was old and we are using the 8300 series now. He emailed me why did I want an old phone and I replied for nostalgia sake. He said $110 take it or leave it What gives midwest people? Yes, I live here in St.Louis and I may have to try and get one from someone in California but I'm just venting my frustration at a guy trying to get over.
    What "get over"? He is under no obligation to sell the phone for what people in the Bay area are selling it for. If you don't want to pay that price, then you keep looking till you find one for the price you DO want to pay.
    02-11-08 03:55 PM
    What "get over"? He is under no obligation to sell the phone for what people in the Bay area are selling it for. If you don't want to pay that price, then you keep looking till you find one for the price you DO want to pay.
    You're right. I was just venting. Sorry.
    02-11-08 04:04 PM
    Hey mark. Feel free to vent. No need to apologise for venting.
    Am sure you would be able to find something to your price range. Keep looking.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-08 04:24 PM
    Ebay aint always cheap!!

I always try and avoid 'buy it now' items as you get more bargains by bidding when items close on certain days/times.

If people want to pay inflated prices..... let them!
    02-11-08 04:30 PM
    You're right. I was just venting. Sorry.
    no apology neccessary......
    02-11-08 11:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD