The "first charge" on my Tour's battery last night was interrupted several times (I never did a battery pull, but it had to be unplugged, plugged into my laptop [and it started charging itself], plugged into the wall, etc. several times while I was upgrading/downgrading/re-upgrading the OS). How much do you think that'll affect the life of the battery? In other words, how important is that "first charge"? Thank you!
    05-13-10 12:01 PM
    Not really 'that' important. You may be having your current battery utilize some 96% of its total capacity, it'll never be a full 100%. No issues there, keep using the device like you would normally. Should you at some point discover odd battery behavior, then have another look at it. But now, don't worry.
    05-13-10 12:17 PM
    Nothing to worry about as mentioned ,I do not always fully charge my phone when I leave work. It doesn't hurt to bump up your battery
    as you need to,you don't have to always fully charge it everytime . I bump mine thoughout the day if I need to .At night when I sleep it gets a full charge so its ready for the day too .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by DavidNC; 05-13-10 at 04:24 PM.
    05-13-10 04:19 PM
    The "first charge" is not important at all.
    05-13-10 04:54 PM
    Cool, thanks for the advice everyone! It seems fine today (a few 20 minute phone calls, lots of texting and BBMs, generally just testing stuff out, and I'm still at 85%).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-10 07:16 PM
    I think it will be okay. Just make sure to drain it good then charge it up again two more times (optimal breaking in procedure for LI-ION batteries).
    05-14-10 11:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD