I'm new to having a BB and a smartphone in general. I just got the Tour 9630. It came with a 1GB memory card and I know that's not enough. There are alot of apps that would like to download and I'm wondering how much more memory I should buy? Also, I was wondering how to move items from the internal memory to the card memory and which ones should stay in-phone?
    07-21-09 06:24 PM
    Apps cannot be installed on memory cards. They can only be installed to the device memory. Memory cards can be used for documents, pictures, music, etc.
    07-21-09 06:34 PM
    Ok. Does this mean that my in-phone memory will get full really quick?
    07-21-09 06:37 PM
    Apps don't take much memory.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-09 06:49 PM
    Blackberrys have memory, built in and the MicroSD card.

Built in on the Tour is 256M. And that is just about as high as that number gets on BBs. (the curve 8300 series has 64M) This is where apps and OS and such goes.

2nd is the MicroSD card that you can buy. Make it as big or small as you like. This is where you put music, pictures, documents, ringtones. You can even back up your SMS and BBM history to these.

I have the 8330 (the one with 64M) and with 25+ apps that I have added, I'm only a little more than half-full on my onboard memory. Cause I can put most of my stuff on my SD card.
    07-21-09 06:52 PM
    Get as much memory as you can afford. The way memory card prices drop, you can probably get a decently priced 4GB card for fairly little.

The size of the MicroSD card you want will depend on what you're planning to do with it. First, let the device format the card. It should create separate directories (such as for music, pictures, etc.). I usually move my files as I'm connected to my laptop (enabling Mass Media Support - where the BB acts like a massive flash drive) .
    07-21-09 07:09 PM
    As much as you can get! lol
    07-21-09 07:10 PM
    I have an 8 GB microSD card in my Bold right now. I have Word documents, PowerPoint slideshows, pictures, and music on it. It has 5 GB free.

I really don't like using Roxio media manager. It is easier to open My Computer and drag and drop the files from their folders on my PC to their folders on my BB microSD card. I enable Mass Media Support like GapBoyPCS mentioned. The Roxio Media Manager is a pain to use.

07-21-09 08:01 PM
    I have two 8 gb cards (both of them full, i like music). I was going to get 1 16 gb card but I am impatient and didn't want to wait for shipping. I always have one in the phone and one taped to the inside of the battery cover (perfect place for an extra card if you want to carry another one with you).
    07-21-09 10:33 PM
    I have two 8 gb cards (both of them full, i like music). I was going to get 1 16 gb card but I am impatient and didn't want to wait for shipping. I always have one in the phone and one taped to the inside of the battery cover (perfect place for an extra card if you want to carry another one with you).
    I am getting more microSD cards. I also like music, and my BlackBerry sounds better than my mp3 player.

Thanks for the advice re: taping the cards inside the battery cover. That is an excellent idea I would not have thought of.
    07-21-09 10:56 PM
    16gb kingston
    07-21-09 11:00 PM
    No problem. I saw a youtube video of someone that had a few beneath there battery door some time last year and thought it was genius. It really saves a lot of hassel.

07-21-09 11:00 PM
    Does taping a memory card inside solve the loose battery door problem? A new fix just carry a second card.

07-21-09 11:04 PM
    Newegg.com is a great store for memory cards and all things computer-related.

07-21-09 11:04 PM
    Does taping a memory card inside solve the loose battery door problem? A new fix just carry a second card.

My battery door is not loose.

07-21-09 11:06 PM
    your curve should have shipped with a 2gb, not a 1gb card onboard. If you got a 1gb, something is wrong there.

I run an 8gb, and have around 20 cd's worth of tunes, 5 movies, and a handful of ringtones and pictures, and still have around a gig and a half free.
    07-21-09 11:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD