My free memory is 11 mb or so - I read some thread that said that is too little...

How much do you need free? I don't have any 3rd party software loaded --

I don't understand why you need so much "free" - why have it if you can't use it???
    02-02-08 11:34 PM
    after going thru the faq section you have done mostly all you can do, deleting and removing stuff is all you can do. just follow the instructions and you should be good to go. I normally have around 14 mb free, but after emails and txts and other stuff by the end of the day it's around 11
    02-02-08 11:46 PM
    The blackberry uses that free memory when performing tasks and running the apps you already have. The more it has, the zippier the OS will run. When it gets too low it will delete emails and call logs to free up the memory it needs. Follow the link in my signature for "Optimize your BB's Memory" and you'll get a good walk through of how to set up your device.
    02-03-08 09:08 AM
    Ok, please forgive me for being dumb, but my phone says I have 16065998 bytes free. How many mb does that convert to?
    02-03-08 03:13 PM
    16 mb susan...

-db

just keep an eye on it and follow johnclarks link to stay on top of it..
    02-03-08 03:19 PM
    Hi, I clicked on that link and this the message I received:

Not Found
    The requested URL /general-blackberry-discussion/112029-optimize-your-bb-setup-max-memory.html was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Does anyone know where I can find the info this link leads to?

Thanks
    03-13-08 07:26 PM
    Try it again later, the site is off-line right now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-08 07:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD