When I got my Z10 in February (UK, early adopter) I, like many others spent the first 3 days with it DOING, MY, HEAD, IN... For those of you outside the UK reading this it means it was, er, very annoying.

But then I learned that the phone was learning me and, by jove (just felt like going all posh there for a second), it was learning me fast.

Within a week or two I found myself swiping the screen idly for no reason at all. I wasn't particularly going anywhere, it just felt GOOD.

But, with all the bad BlackBerry company news in the last few weeks I've been looking at the other 3 major platforms and thinking to myself, well, what if? What if I have to do the dirty?

And the bad news for me, in case it really does all go horribly wrong is this...

The others have no soul.

Not like this. Not with the swipe. Not with the Hub. Not with the look and feel. I don't know what it is about BB10 but, it draws you in to the extent that, when you try other devices you spend your time thinking, 'Yes, but it's not a BlackBerry, if only it did it like this...'

So, we may have less apps, we may be on the ropes and we may have an utterly useless marketing department but...

By God, we've got the soul...
    Last edited by bigglybobblyboo; 10-14-13 at 06:29 PM.
    10-14-13 05:59 PM
    I've caught myself trying to peek on my PlayBook for the last few days....
    gfondeur likes this.
    10-14-13 06:04 PM
    I've caught myself trying to peek on my PlayBook for the last few days....
    You know it sister...!
    alan510 and MiSsY_ like this.
    10-14-13 06:06 PM
    i thought you had previously apologized for making threads like this, and took out some corrective actions on yourself lol

i guess the itch was too strong, huh
    10-14-13 06:06 PM
    i thought you had previously apologized for making threads like this, and took out some corrective actions on yourself lol

Ah, love ya, but this isn't the same at all:

http://forums.crackberry.com/rehab-o...ad-now-859155/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...arcasm-858511/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/rehab-o...ke-you-858829/

These were very different...

But the itch lives within me, don't worry...!
    10-14-13 06:14 PM

Good, positive threads, that are entertaining such as this one, are not a bad idea at all. After a while, the ******** and moaning gets predictable and repetitive. Much prefer a fun post that has some originality in it.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 06:15 PM
    Meh, I find Android devices to have the most "soul" and the only devices I can really make mine. BB10 has no customizable homescreen (cannot change cards order without reopening them) and a gridded icon view just like iOS. On Android I can put widgets wherever I want, app icons wherever I want, install different launchers, install custom ROMS and actually give it a personality.

Androids version of Swiftkey also learned the way I type much better and its version IMO is just overall better as well.

I can't even install a theme on a BB10 device like I can on a BBOS device. There is no personality. The same can be said about iOS, but iOS 7 tried to change that a bit with all the colors and parallax. Still not close to Android.

Yea the gestures are great, but there are apps on Android that can make you do the same things and iOS has many of the same gestures within apps and a few on the homescreen. I also don't find the gestures on BB10 to be more efficient, I just like the fact that there are no buttons.
    10-14-13 06:25 PM
    Meh, I find Android devices to have the most "soul" and the only devices I can really make mine. BB10 has no customizable homescreen (cannot change cards order without reopening them) and a gridded icon view just like iOS. On Android I can put widgets wherever I want, app icons wherever I want, install different launchers, install custom ROMS and actually give it a personality.

Androids version of Swiftkey also learned the way I type much better and its version IMO is just overall better as well.

I can't even install a theme on a BB10 device like I can on a BBOS device. There is no personality. The same can be said about iOS, but iOS 7 tried to change that a bit with all the colors and parallax. Still not close to Android.
    Nope. Lost me completely but thanks for taking an interest!

What is a parallax?
    10-14-13 06:27 PM
    Nope. Lost me completely but thanks for taking an interest!

What is a parallax?

Where did I lose you? I thought my post was completely understandable.

Parallax is the motion effects.
    10-14-13 06:32 PM
    Nope. Still beyond me there...

Feel it, Swipe it, Love it. BlackBerry Z10...
    10-14-13 06:34 PM
    When I got my Z10 in February (UK, early adopter) I, like many others spent the first 3 days with it DOING, MY, HEAD, IN... For those of you outside the UK reading this it means it was, er, very annoying.

But then I learned that the phone was learning me and, by jove (just felt like going all posh there for a second), it was learning me fast.

Within a week or two I found myself swiping the screen idly for no reason at all. I wasn't particularly going anywhere, it just felt GOOD.

But, with all the bad BlackBerry company news in the last few weeks I've been looking at the other 3 major platforms and thinking to myself, well, what if? What if I have to do the dirty?

And the bad news for me, in case it really does all go horribly wrong is this...

The others have no soul.

Not like this. Not with the swipe. Not with the Hub. Not with the look and feel. I don't know what it is about BB10 but, it draws you in to the extent that, when you try other devices you spend your time thinking, 'Yes, but it's not a BlackBerry, if only it did it like this...'

So, we may have less apps, we may be on the ropes and we may have an utterly useless marketing department but...

By God, we've got the soul...
    I guess that makes us BlackBerry users soul brothers and sisters .

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 06:35 PM
    Nope. Still beyond me there...

Again, where and how?

Do you not understand what I am saying or are you just ignoring it?

What is beyond you? The fact that I told you parallax is responsible for the motion effects on iOS?
    10-14-13 06:38 PM
    To answer the question, not at all. If a mobile OS got into my soul, wouldn't that make me a robot?
    10-14-13 06:50 PM
    To answer the question, not at all. If a mobile OS got into my soul, wouldn't that make me a robot?
    Wouldn't you have to be a machine or atleast have mechanical parts to be a robot?

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    10-14-13 07:45 PM
    Again, where and how?

What is beyond you? The fact that I told you parallax is responsible for the motion effects on iOS?
    Let it go. He understands completely.
    avt123 and kbz1960 like this.
    10-14-13 07:49 PM
    For the guys...

:>)
    tmanthib likes this.
    10-14-13 08:12 PM
    And... one for the Gals too...

:>)
    10-14-13 08:14 PM
    +1! There's an energy with BB10, imho. Didn't get this with my previous S3. As an ordained minister, I agree with this soulful post! On another note, even my parishioners know BlackBerry spirit!

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 10:15 PM
    Agreed, OP.

One q.
    Are u sure you're not Jeremy Clarkson?
    10-14-13 10:46 PM
    +1! There's an energy with BB10, imho. Didn't get this with my previous S3. As an ordained minister, I agree with this soulful post! On another note, even my parishioners know BlackBerry spirit!

Posted via CB10
    Wow! As an ordained minister? How cool is that?

In your face Frank B******n! You spend millions on the SuperBowl ad and Alicia Keyes, we get a BB10 recommendation from a representative of the big man upstairs on earth.

And our ad is free and omnipresent!

kbz1960 likes this.
    10-15-13 02:46 AM
    Again, where and how?

Yup lost me to brother

Rockin Q10 Powered by 10.2 MR
    10-15-13 02:56 AM
    Not so much into my head but into my hands. With BlackBerry 10 my Z10 has become an integrated part of my hand more than any phone I've used (I've used Android but not IOS). It's as though I'm not using a phone, it's just my hand. The closest experience I've had to this is the symbiosis between my body and my BMX when I was a kid.

Fable Publishing: C0012255F
    gfondeur likes this.
    10-15-13 03:28 AM
    Again, where and how?

Going on the length of time it took bbb to get a handle on the BB10 user interface, I'd think it's fairly safe to assume that he's never worked with a custom rom.

Z10 via CB10
    10-15-13 03:57 AM
    The one thing that can solve most of
    our problems is dancing to the rhythm of BB10...
    James Brown

Well, if he is still alive and using BB10 like Russell Simmons, he could be saying this.. Lol..

The soul in 10.
    10-15-13 06:38 AM
    The one thing that can solve most of
    our problems is dancing to the rhythm of BB10...
    James Brown

Well, if he is still alive and using BB10 like Russell Simmons, he could be saying this.. Lol..

The soul in 10.
    To the rhythm of the keyboard flick

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    10-15-13 02:44 PM
28 12