I use GPS to track where I run when I exercise which is at least 4 times a week. I currently get 500MB worth of data per month to use but I'm scared that I may exceed the inclusive allowance as I use GPS regularly. I have GPS on for about 20 minutes every time a go so I was wondering if anyone could give me a rough idea of how much data would be sent out of my 500MB?

Thanks
    05-01-10 10:57 AM
    I don't have the exact numbers, but GPS itself won't use Data, If set on your device it might use a little data to lock your location faster, and if you use some online maps (Google, Telmap, etc) instead of offline (Garmin) you will use data depending on your distance and amount of maps used.

Either way with 500MB as long as you don't stream music/video you are more than save of not going over. I think Google maps even has a place to log how much data it has used.
    05-01-10 12:49 PM
    I don't have the exact numbers, but GPS itself won't use Data, If set on your device it might use a little data to lock your location faster, and if you use some online maps (Google, Telmap, etc) instead of offline (Garmin) you will use data depending on your distance and amount of maps used.

Either way with 500MB as long as you don't stream music/video you are more than save of not going over. I think Google maps even has a place to log how much data it has used.
    Ah right. I use All Sport GPS, Sporty Pal and Road Runner GPS. Does Blackberry Maps cost to use? Thanks for your help!
    05-01-10 04:44 PM
    Blackberry maps is free to use you just need to pay for information.
    05-02-10 01:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD