I'm sorry, what's BS again? The general consensus here is that Blackberry is more secure than Android and that BB doesn't track you. With Android I can actually disable all of this quite easily. I cannot with BB. In fact, even if I turn ff analytics this still goes on. So what exactly was said that isn't true?
    I received ads or some type of invite in BBM in my Android. At first I thought it was Google as the Ads kind of knew what I like or might like. So BlackBerry probably tracks my BBM activity
    04-17-15 04:12 AM
    I'm sorry, what's BS again? The general consensus here is that Blackberry is more secure than Android and that BB doesn't track you. With Android I can actually disable all of this quite easily. I cannot with BB. In fact, even if I turn ff analytics this still goes on. So what exactly was said that isn't true?
    While I don't have a big problem with Blackberry tracking data on usage (every computer and smartphone does this), it does show that they can track you without you knowing it, well, unless you want to block it and have your battery die.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    04-17-15 08:42 AM
    I'd stay, I was here long before the hub I'll be here long after.

Posted via CB10
    awindsr likes this.
    04-17-15 08:50 AM
    I'm pretty sure the hub would be just as popular with iPhone and Android users as BlackBerry in general is.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 02:16 PM
    So if the Hub goes cross platform, what's left that makes BB10 touch phones unique? Only thing I can see is flick keyboard but even that is a stretch since it's based on SwiftKey. Once a user teaches SwiftKey their most popular words and phrases it's very fast and easy to use. Maybe change the motto to "Paratek Antennas not Toys". Even with a stripped down Hub for Android the perception will be it has the Hub so no reason to buy BB10 touch phones. For current BB10 users, the stripped down Hub may be good enough due to Hardware and upgrade and plethora of models and makes that Android offers.
    04-17-15 09:11 PM
    So if the Hub goes cross platform, what's left that makes BB10 touch phones unique? Only thing I can see is flick keyboard but even that is a stretch since it's based on SwiftKey. Once a user teaches SwiftKey their most popular words and phrases it's very fast and easy to use. Maybe change the motto to "Paratek Antennas not Toys". Even with a stripped down Hub for Android the perception will be it has the Hub so no reason to buy BB10 touch phones. For current BB10 users, the stripped down Hub may be good enough due to Hardware and upgrade and plethora of models and makes that Android offers.
    Even if the Hub goes cross platform, it will not be the same as the original BlackBerry Hub, not because of BlackBerry 's fault, but because a single app has access to only so much.

1. Hub still will not be able to be accessed with gestures.
    = This means it will still involve going to home screen first, then finding the Hub icon to click it. For an app that you will be accessing multiple times a day, the lack of gesture to access the hub will be a substantial downgrade.

2. Integration with Universal Search
    = In a BlackBerry 10 device, if you do a universal search to look for a certain text message, or an email with a keyword, it would use the Hub to view the messages since that is the only messaging app used in BlackBerry 10. However, for Android or Iphones, it remains to be seen how well BlackBerry Hub will integrate with universal search since BlackBerry Hub "app" might not always be open. And this might be beyond BlackBerry's control on the operating system.
    In this case, you might have to open BlackBerry Hub first in order to do a search on messages which might be time consuming and annoying.

Posted via CB10
    RH1Pearl and Supa_Fly1 like this.
    04-17-15 10:18 PM
    Well said SK, however Android supports many gestures by default and I'm sure there are free third party apps that can allow the end user to sent a specific gesture to launch or return to an app. If I'm correct, as I'm g estimating here then only the second point will be the challenge for the astute user for that platform.

Posted using CB10 via Z10
    04-19-15 07:58 PM
    I already got a HTC M9 and am awaiting the BB goodies this fall.
    04-19-15 08:04 PM
    Even if BB10 were brought to every other phone maker and iOS, Android, and WinPhone 10 were abolished, I would still use a BlackBerry for the keyboards.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 11:10 PM
    To me, it's the same thing as with BBM. People were afraid that users were turning away from BlackBerry but that was not the case. Instead, BBM could add millions of active users and every time I chat with an Android or iOS user on BBM, which happens all day, they hear the name "BlackBerry". Some get curious and consider buying a BlackBerry, others at least know they're around, so it's good advertising as long as the product works.

Same with the HUB. Generally speaking, everything where they can put their name on and push technology out to the world is good for them.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 03:09 AM
    Even if BB10 were brought to every other phone maker and iOS, Android, and WinPhone 10 were abolished, I would still use a BlackBerry for the keyboards.

Posted via CB10
    Not sure you'd have a choice in that scenario!

Posted via CB10 using my Z10 STL100-2 /10.3.1.2576
    04-20-15 06:22 AM
    Not sure you'd have a choice in that scenario!

Posted via CB10 using my Z10 STL100-2 /10.3.1.2576
    I meant that if Apple, Nokia, Samsung, HTC, Motorola, etc., began using BB10 on all of their phones, I'd still prefer BlackBerry's handsets for their keyboards.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 09:05 PM
    Even if the hub works better on BlackBerry 10, there should be no reason to let others have it.

It's getting to the point you need to ask yourself why even get a BlackBerry ?

The more Chen is trying, the more he is removing the essence and raison d'�tre of choosing a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-15 11:15 PM
    Even if the hub works better on BlackBerry 10, there should be no reason to let others have it.

It's getting to the point you need to ask yourself why even get a BlackBerry ?

The more Chen is trying, the more he is removing the essence and raison d'�tre of choosing a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    I mean, it's pretty clear they're transitioning away from exclusivity of their offerings and catering to the BYOD movement. It could very well lead to a total ceasing of their own handsets. That's what it appears to be to me. If they were to stop making handsets, these are all the moves they would make. Stay alive with software. You wouldn't just stop handsets then try to get a software business going, you would transition.
    04-25-15 05:11 AM
    Clearly I'm out of the loop on BlackBerry things. It will be interesting if Apple allow a Hub of sorts on iOS.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    04-25-15 05:43 AM
    None of blackberry gems will be interested to IOS or Android. So Apple and Google users will never get true blackberry experience. They will get a TASTE Of what true BB10 has to offer. I think that might make some of those users try blackberry phones. I almost see this blackberry move like a Trojan Horse on IOS and ANDROID.

Posted via CB10
    awindsr likes this.
    04-25-15 07:43 AM
    I will always stay with BBRY come what may!!

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    04-25-15 07:53 AM
    None of blackberry gems will be interested to IOS or Android. So Apple and Google users will never get true blackberry experience. They will get a TASTE Of what true BB10 has to offer. I think that might make some of those users try blackberry phones. I almost see this blackberry move like a Trojan Horse on IOS and ANDROID.

Posted via CB10
    I bet you the fact it doesn't work as well eg. bbm will leave a sour taste in their mouths and it will only hurt BlackBerry.

If they see and feel that BlackBerry can't get it right they'll just stay with ios or android.

BlackBerry just needs to advertise and produce very well spec'd phones. The rest will come.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 08:39 AM
    Originally Posted by katiepea
    Unless you're on BES with added certificates your consumer BlackBerry is no more privacy rich than android. Maybe less to be honest, I can disable and firewall via terminal any and all connections on a whim. I have an android device that never speaks to Google or any ad service. BlackBerry sells your information and is obscure about it as well. It took people tracking packets across their router to discover BlackBerry had hired a 3rd party to track our bbm habits. And I can't block that on BlackBerry.
    (sorry i dont seem to have a quote option on my playbook today.) my BlackBerrys are much more privacy-rich than android. The bbm thing may be true but i dont yet use my bbm, there may be limits to being totally private but the choice for browser and email services and the android apps that i choose to use even tho they have excessive permissions requirements will affect privacy and security. Android, at least in my experience, installs literally hundreds of apps that are invasive, unwanted, and unremoveable. It made me miserable and i seriously considered going back to a dumbphone but there was no good way for me to get separate internet if i did that.

The difference is night and day, and i believe the privacy issue is the REAL reason BlackBerry is being blackballed out of the consumer cellphone market. We arent supposed to be able to secure our privacy and people are being taught that privacy doesnt even matter and that there is no way to have it anymore.

Im just not going to accept that and will stick with BlackBerry til the bitter end as the best choice available to me, and it really does do everything i want with or without a little help from android apps. It feels like a friend while the android felt like an invader whose main purpose was to monitor every little thing about me. Isnt that totally creepy without me having to say so? Maybe a new separate thread about all the specific ways this goes on would be warranted, or maybe there already is one in the system.
    04-25-15 11:34 AM
    Hub or not, nothing come close to the user experience on the Passport. And having the Hub built into the OS, without having to open a separate app, is a BlackBerry only feature. I'm not giving it up for the clumsiness of other OS's.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    04-26-15 08:08 AM
    I'll probably stay. I've had enough of android, im not even gonna talk about iphones. Wp's tho? Very good, but they are still missing apps. (Thank god we got an android emu here!)

AAAnd, uhh, blackberrys have amazing keyboards, too?

Posted from q10, excuse me for not having any typos.
    04-27-15 03:07 AM
    It depends how the hub will actually work on other devices...

If it is literally the same hub, and all the gestures work seamlessly then I might switch to android who knows.

 BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion 
    04-27-15 03:12 AM
    It will be interesting if Apple allow a Hub of sorts on iOS.
    And if BlackBerry can create a resource efficient version in some 8 months. Highly doubt it.
    jacwib likes this.
    04-27-15 07:49 PM
    Yeah it's basically completely useless, I added a bunch of channels initially thinking it would be cool, but it's a silly way to get content. BBM needs to stay a simple reliable instant messenger. As it stands right now for the average user it appears to be bloatware, annoying people with notifications for new things to buy and ads galore.

I agree with half of what you wrote. For, me I don't care that Channels are in BBM. It's on a separate screen and doesn't intrude at all on anything I do in BBM.

The problem I have is that every post on Channels seems to just be a link to a webpage! Why would I use Channels for content when it's basically a list of urls? I have an RSS reader / Flipboard (etc...) and it's a better way to get articles I'm interested in. At least in my RSS reader, most of the articles are formatted for and displayed inside the app so I'm not jumping back and forth between browser and the app like I have to do with Channels.

Via CB Android on BB10 (jst 4 kiks)
    04-29-15 12:58 PM
99 ... 234