For those considering deleting the factory themes in order to make room for more custom themes, just a word of caution...In order for any custom theme made with the new Plazmic Theme Builder to work on your phone, BB Dimension Today must still be installed, as the new 'Custom' theme template is based off of the BB Dimension Today template.

If you don't have Dimension Today installed and download a custom theme, it won't show up in your theme list, regardless if it was exported for your device/OS...
    As Pete said, I believe it's only the preloaded Zen theme you cannot delete.

I removed my Today theme and have had no problems with other themes.
    08-20-08 02:23 PM
    As Pete said, I believe it's only the preloaded Zen theme you cannot delete.

I removed my Today theme and have had no problems with other themes.
    Yes, you should not delete Dimension Zen...if you plan of downloading other Zen themes.

However, I was referring to those downloading the newer custom themes being released, "Bottom Zen/Dock", "Today Plus", "U-shape", "L" etc. Those themes require that you have Dimension Today still installed in order for them to show up in your theme list/work on your phone. I discovered this when looking at the resource files for the new 'Custom' theme template in Plazmic Theme Builder, wherein in states that the base theme for this new template is BB Dimension Today. This is also most likely the reason why all homescreen icons are locked in with most of the new custom themes, as is the case with all Today themes.

And whether or not you have the Dimension L theme installed does not effect if other "L" themes will work on your phone. The new Theme Builder does not include a "L" theme template...builders have to manually reposition icons into a 'L shape', while using the custom theme template. Thus also locking in all the icons, which is not a characteristic of the traditional Dimension L theme.
    08-20-08 02:55 PM
    Yes, you should not delete Dimension Zen...if you plan of downloading other Zen themes.

However, I was referring to those downloading the newer custom themes being released, "Bottom Zen/Dock", "Today Plus", "U-shape", "L" etc. Those themes require that you have Dimension Today still installed in order for them to show up in your theme list/work on your phone. I discovered this when looking at the resource files for the new 'Custom' theme template in Plazmic Theme Builder, wherein in states that the base theme for this new template is BB Dimension Today. This is also most likely the reason why all homescreen icons are locked in with most of the new custom themes, as is the case with all Today themes.

And whether or not you have the Dimension L theme installed does not effect if other "L" themes will work on your phone. The new Theme Builder does not include a "L" theme template...builders have to manually reposition icons into a 'L shape', while using the custom theme template. Thus also locking in all the icons, which is not a characteristic of the traditional Dimension L theme.
    Ah.
    Well I'm not familiar with any of those types of themes.
    I don't use Today or L themes. Just Zen.
    That's why I deleted the Today theme.
    But thanks for sharing the info.
    08-20-08 03:03 PM
    30 themes ..... including the default ones (i love themes)

file free - 41,788,295 bytes

bb ran pretty slow with my 8gb card installed, course it was full with movies and music

so i'm now running with my 4gb card that only has ringers on it and a few pics, and operation seems to go smoother
    Last edited by josh33_unc; 08-20-08 at 05:13 PM.
    08-20-08 04:41 PM
    I have 2 themes. Zen and L tht came installed. Took the others off.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-08 04:48 PM
    I was wondering how many themes everyone has installed on their devices. I currently have 8 including the pre installed ones. I know memory is precious, especially on Pearl models like mine, but I still have about 12 MB running.

If you have a fav one you really love and want to share, feel free, but I'm sure there all already threads for this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    If you only have 12MB for memory, I'd seriously suggest using Stoners guide and free some up. You don't want to start losing call logs, emails, sms, etc. Also, on the themes, why not just have 1 or 2 installed at a time? I doubt you change that often. Then all you'd have to do is install through DM, and it would take 5 mins to install. And you'd have plenty of memory for the device.
    08-20-08 05:01 PM
    I just one. " Surreal " I don't like any other theme out there at all.
    08-20-08 07:13 PM
    I try to keep it down to my favorite 3 so I don't hog all my memory up
    08-20-08 07:28 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD