View Poll Results: Does BB10 have a future?

Voters
506. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

186 36.76%
  • No

320 63.24%
    I donr

Posted via my BlackBerry KEYone (but u know i am lying)
    02-27-17 09:38 AM
    I do know that a different department of BlackBerry is currently licensing others to make its Android phones -- which leaves the door WIDE open for them to quietly assess & develop BB10. Expansion is a reality in this & in different segments of IoT, ADAS, app development & licensing, it's enterprise suite, logistics, quantum-ready security, & taking patent infringers (SwiftKey, Blu, Avaya, Nokia) & others (Qualcomm) to trial. OFFICIAL accounts debunk maintenance mode & affirm commitment to BB10. Mr. Chen has upheld his promises (regardless of how punctual -- after all, BlackBerry had 10.3.3 ready & had to wait so many months for independent labs to finish their own testing).

 Q10 has been a healthy supplement to my work | life balance. Posted via CB10. BlackBerry has got the juice!
    HOPE....

Sorry but you have so much in you post that is unrelated to BB10 or even just wrong.

I don't know if there will be a 10.3.4... haven't heard anything about it lately so I tend to doubt it's something they are planning on anymore. What I do know is that BlackBerry doesn't have the resources to spend money on development of BB10 in any meaningful way. If there is a 10.3.4 it will be less than what 10.3.3 was, and that wasn't much after two years. Besides, almost all BB10 hardware is gone from officially channels anyway.
    02-27-17 10:13 AM
    Some said before, than BB 10 Wil still support further in time...

Some says this OS will still be promote for entreprise's needs...

For me, the last update made me use my SQW100-1 as my main device till the time it will not be possible. For those who already have the real pleasure to own that so fine device," we just keep it moving." for the others who don't, and need a new device as a regular customer: better look further in time.

Oh! And what I am sure of is that I will not put 300CDN$ on the future of this OS.
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Fs Laflamme; 02-27-17 at 10:42 AM.
    02-27-17 10:22 AM
    The questions is "Will Blackberry return to their own product".. I would say there is a possibility they may decide to re-visit BB10 or a future form of QNX based OS. I am really hoping that they notice enough demand for non Android devices to go after that market again. I think it is highly likely they will as the market inevitably will shift and HOPEFULLY it is away from this platform specific app craze. For now ill be backing Microsoft if they ever release the surface phone. Until that day my Passport will just have to hold out.
    02-27-17 10:46 AM
    The questions is "Will Blackberry return to their own product".. I would say there is a possibility they may decide to re-visit BB10 or a future form of QNX based OS. I am really hoping that they notice enough demand for non Android devices to go after that market again. I think it is highly likely they will as the market inevitably will shift and HOPEFULLY it is away from this platform specific app craze. For now ill be backing Microsoft if they ever release the surface phone. Until that day my Passport will just have to hold out.
    The only way BlackBerry will build or improve any hardware OS (BB10 or Android) is if some other hardware manufacturer is willing to license it. So, if someone chooses to license BB10, then there is a possibility.

Otherwise, it's the same chance that you will randomly build a house somewhere that you have no intention of living and without a likely buyer in mind!

Posted with my trusty Z10
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    02-27-17 12:07 PM
    The only way BlackBerry will build or improve any hardware OS (BB10 or Android) is if some other hardware manufacturer is willing to license it. So, if someone chooses to license BB10, then there is a possibility.

Otherwise, it's the same chance that you will randomly build a house somewhere that you have no intention of living and without a likely buyer in mind!

If the new constructed home example is a reflection in probability than I would be VERY happy. Builders do exactly this all the time. Same as auto makers and majority of industry. They would need to first have the product ready in at least an alpha form to get anyone on-board for a licensing deal at this point.
    I would never sign a deal to build devices using current 3+ year old BB10 on new hardware.
    Blackberry claims to be a software company now but for consumers what they offer is an app suite. For high security industry trying to sell "secured Android" seems completely illogical to me. Its like trying to sell "secured screen doors" to a prison.
    02-27-17 12:24 PM
    If the new constructed home example is a reflection in probability than I would be VERY happy. Builders do exactly this all the time. Same as auto makers and majority of industry. They would need to first have the product ready in at least an alpha form to get anyone on-board for a licensing deal at this point.
    I would never sign a deal to build devices using current 3+ year old BB10 on new hardware.
    Blackberry claims to be a software company now but for consumers what they offer is an app suite. For high security industry trying to sell "secured Android" seems completely illogical to me. Its like trying to sell "secured screen doors" to a prison.
    You missed the analogy. Builders believe there are likely buyers when they build a house on spec. What is the likelyhood that YOU would build a house on spec with your own money without any chance of selling it?

02-27-17 12:32 PM
    On this we agree.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    02-27-17 12:32 PM
    Now when Nokia has made a comeback, wouldn't Nokia be a very good customer of Blackberry. Instead of shoving Android like any other Chinese manufacturer Nokia phones would be perfect with BB10 instead.
    02-27-17 12:44 PM
    You missed the analogy. Builders believe there are likely buyers when they build a house on spec. What is the likelyhood that YOU would build a house on spec with your own money without any chance of selling it?

You are making the assumption that there is no chance of selling a BB10 device. Of course they need to make some massive improvements and release version 10.4 min before the average informed consumer would even consider it.
    But even using your analogy in nearly any town you can find several new constructed homes that have sat on the market with no buyers. They are built on someones dime on a gamble or bad market info.
    02-27-17 12:52 PM
    I think we're on the same page. Blackberry investing in BB10 would be an irrational decision, based on no measurable likelihood of a financial return.

DrBoomBotz likes this.
    02-27-17 01:02 PM
    You are making the assumption that there is no chance of selling a BB10 device. Of course they need to make some massive improvements and release version 10.4 min before the average informed consumer would even consider it.
    But even using your analogy in nearly any town you can find several new constructed homes that have sat on the market with no buyers. They are built on someones dime on a gamble or bad market info.
    Massive Improvements.....

Using who? Most BB10 developers have long found new jobs?
    With what money? It's been argued back and forth - $300 Million up to a $1 Billion for the work needed to move BB10 to 64 Bit , incorporate a newer runtime, bring newer features like 3D touch to BB10. And to fix the contact app so it isn't so buggy. FYI, they don't have that kind of money to invest in an already proven failure.

But it' pretty clear they can't release another phone with a forked version of Android... So what would the point even be?

WHY would a new hardware set and an upgraded version of BB10.... sell any better?
    02-27-17 01:10 PM
    Massive Improvements.....

Using who? Most BB10 developers have long found new jobs?
    With what money? It's been argued back and forth - $300 Million up to a $1 Billion for the work needed to move BB10 to 64 Bit , incorporate a newer runtime, bring newer features like 3D touch to BB10. And to fix the contact app so it isn't so buggy. FYI, they don't have that kind of money to invest in an already proven failure.

But it' pretty clear they can't release another phone with a forked version of Android... So what would the point even be?

WHY would a new hardware set and an upgraded version of BB10.... sell any better?
    Sounds like your listing features you would like to see in BB10. I personally would be fine without ART, give me the regular evolutionary changes we were denied and i'm good.

Have you actually seen the OHA handset manufacturer or software developer agreement? Why is it that everyone is sooo sure of all these violations of OHA agreement?
    02-27-17 01:33 PM
    The future gets dimmer the more the Android hype grows... oh that KEYone thingy... :-D

•   THISone, with the keys, hopefully coming soon to a phone store down unda... :-D   •
    02-27-17 02:40 PM
    Now when Nokia has made a comeback, wouldn't Nokia be a very good customer of Blackberry. Instead of shoving Android like any other Chinese manufacturer Nokia phones would be perfect with BB10 instead.
    I'm not sure Nokia would like to see the kind of 'success' that BB10 brought BlackBerry.

For that matter, I doubt any manufacturer is ready for the levels of 'success' BB10 has had.
    DrBoomBotz and BigBadWulf like this.
    02-27-17 03:39 PM
    I'm not sure Nokia would like to see the kind of 'success' that BB10 brought BlackBerry.

For that matter, I doubt any manufacturer is ready for the levels of 'success' BB10 has had.
    Besides Nokia did not release new phones. A small company licensed the Nokia name and released some low end Android phones. Why would they be interested in BB10 and where would they find an inventory of old chips that are the only ones that support BB10.
    DrBoomBotz and BigBadWulf like this.
    02-27-17 04:24 PM
    HOPE....

Sorry but you have so much in you post that is unrelated to BB10 or even just wrong.

I don't know if there will be a 10.3.4... haven't heard anything about it lately so I tend to doubt it's something they are planning on anymore. What I do know is that BlackBerry doesn't have the resources to spend money on development of BB10 in any meaningful way. If there is a 10.3.4 it will be less than what 10.3.3 was, and that wasn't much after two years. Besides, almost all BB10 hardware is gone from officially channels anyway.
    You can disagree, but that doesn't mean that I am wrong. We all can agree that BlackBerry is quiet on marketing yet one of the most awarded companies for innovation & that Mr. Chen has upheld his promises. One of the features of being the best in security is in keeping a low profile. With interview after interview by heads of different departments committing to BB10 -- especially after winning over BlackBerry's investors -- I have plenty of reasons to believe them. The diversified profitability of BlackBerry just helps the company to deliver on its promises. This is sure to agitate the haters, detractors, & trolls, but it even makes the vulnerable companies that support you potentially more secure!

 Q10 has been a healthy supplement to my work | life balance. Posted via CB10. BlackBerry has got the juice!
    02-28-17 05:34 AM
    Other than iOS, what "enough demand" are you talking about?
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    02-28-17 08:03 AM
    Sounds like your listing features you would like to see in BB10. I personally would be fine without ART, give me the regular evolutionary changes we were denied and i'm good.

Have you actually seen the OHA handset manufacturer or software developer agreement? Why is it that everyone is sooo sure of all these violations of OHA agreement?
    I've enjoyed watching your stalwart optimism over the last couple of years as you have careened, on the Titanic, closer and closer to the iceberg.

You are now no more than an inch away, steaming at 20 knots. That would deflate mere mortal men, but not you!

I'm teasing of course. But damn!
    02-28-17 08:22 AM
    Other than iOS, what "enough demand" are you talking about?
    I was wondering the same thing. If we assume for the sake of argument that there is "enough" demand for phones that are neither iPhones nor Android, Microsoft is now in a much better position to satisfy that demand than BlackBerry is. Even though Windows 10 Mobile market share continues to fall, Microsoft continues to develop W10M actively, along with its core apps, which receive frequent updates. Regrettably, the market doesn't care.

I personally think BB10 is a better product than W10M but there's just not enough interest in it to make it worth developing. That doesn't mean there are no conceivable circumstances under which BB10 could make a comeback but "conceivable" and "believable" can be pretty far apart. It's just hard for me to see what could push them together.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    02-28-17 08:30 AM
    You can disagree, but that doesn't mean that I am wrong. We all can agree that BlackBerry is quiet on marketing yet one of the most awarded companies for innovation & that Mr. Chen has upheld his promises. One of the features of being the best in security is in keeping a low profile. With interview after interview by heads of different departments committing to BB10 -- especially after winning over BlackBerry's investors -- I have plenty of reasons to believe them. The diversified profitability of BlackBerry just helps the company to deliver on its promises. This is sure to agitate the haters, detractors, & trolls, but it even makes the vulnerable companies that support you potentially more secure!

When were all these interviews by the heads of different departments that were committed to BB10? What examples of their commitment have they recently given?

When BlackBerry had their Security Summit back in July... was BB10 even brought up?

Any word of providing BB10 developers with tools that aren't outdated?

Any word on how companies that "require" what only BB10 can offer... are going to do once the last Leap is sold - probably very shortly? How long can these companies go without knowing what their future upgrade and replacement paths are?

If TCL's focus is on Enterprise and the existing BlackBerry customers that are security focused.... is there room for both BB10 and Android?

BlackBerry investors.... they'd string Chen up if he were to purpose spending the amounts of money it would take to drag BB10 out of forced retirement from two years ago. The 10.3.3 update was kinda like the Miami Dolphins resigning Dan Marino to the team a few weeks ago.... didn't really mean anything.

I give DroidBerry a very slim chance of stabilizing the move away from BlackBerry to iOS, KNOX or other enterprise options. But BB10 had no chance at all once development was killed off two years ago.
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    02-28-17 09:00 AM
    Sadly, I don't.
    02-28-17 09:32 AM
    done DEAD and move on to Android
    02-28-17 09:57 AM
    Apple have always be the best entreprise to sell a dream and something more than a device.
    In north America, is be "in" have an Iphone. Whatever they do wrong or don't really give to customer, there have always been forgiven.

This is really something weard, just like they're taking the mind and soul of customer. A lot of efforts$$$ are also deployed to a positive image especially in all review and Web article

In addition, they capture the top of the basket costumers. Those who believe and trust Apple and spend a lot of money on gadgets and apps that they don't want to lose. That is not posible to others manufacturers that seem not control as well there image. Because Apple have made bad devices, they had major security breatches... there customers don't really care. There more captivate by image of the brand and all the money they will lost by changing to another OS. An finally apple do usually good enough device that's make a family experience possible. Apple is more than a device it is a club in the consummation society.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Fs Laflamme; 02-28-17 at 11:57 AM.
    02-28-17 10:00 AM
    Apple have always be the best entreprise to sell a dream and something more than a device.
    In north America, is be "in" have an Iphone. Whatever they do wrong or don't really give to customer, there have always been forgiven.

This is really something weard, just like there are taking mind of customer.

Posted via CB10
    Not weird.....

Apple provide a level of stability that no other OEM offers...
    • Product receive regular updates
    • Products are available long term
    • Products don't vary too much YoY
    • SUPPORTED FULLY by 3rd parties - from App developers to Hardware Accessory manufacturers.
    • Security and EMM - fully supported by just about every major EMM (not every Android phone is)
    • Satisfaction - no other smartphone has the level of customer satisfaction
    • Cost - most of the business world in NA gets substantial discounts on hardware, cheaper to buy an iPhone 7 via AT&T than buy a DTEK60 direct from BlackBerry.
    02-28-17 10:31 AM
1,471 ... 5354555657 ...