View Poll Results: Does BB10 have a future?

Voters
506. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

186 36.76%
  • No

320 63.24%
    Nothing wrong with BB10, the existing hardware is almost bullet proof. My Z30 j has an update I don't need and my Q5 has 2 updates still unused.
    No everything is fine if you use it as intended as an efficient flowing os.
    Sorry having trouble following.
    Are you suggesting the BB10 has a future?
    If so have a look at the OP.
    02-14-17 12:45 PM
    Me, me, me!!

Posted via CB10
    02-14-17 01:05 PM
    I'm going to buy every bb10 phone in existence just so you don't have one.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    02-14-17 08:17 PM
    Wow, either people are voting simply for what they want to happen, or there are a lot of delusional people out there. No should have at least 95% of the vote.
    02-14-17 09:55 PM
    The future:

John Chen has one single developer sitting in the only room in use in Waterloo. He's slowly bringing updates to the OS. He has a side project that he's been working on ever since 10.2 was released. That project is BB11. When everyone gets bored of Apps as they become obsolete for web based 'apps', this guy unleashes BB11 that has the best browser headlessly connected to the hub bringing every single app and messenger service right into one place with no need for any applications.

It's light years ahead of iOS and Android which have been fruitlessly attempting to shove apps down the throats of people who are sick and tired of the app game. The developer wins the Nobel prize in kickassery. Companies building phones and apps around the paradigm of applications for iOS and Android have a collapse in market share as BlackBerry Mobile skyrockets. BBMo have patents for everything and make millions from companies trying to get BBOS11 on their phones.

They make so much money that they can develop their own phones again. Many of them in the form factor of the 9900, but with upgraded internal specs, though the camera is still 5 MP. With this resurgence, they buy TCL and rename themselves as Research in Motion, or RIM for short. The world rejoices, finding crack in their phones again.

Then, Google creates VR sets, while Apple goes the route of holograms. RIM thinks that no one will ever use holograms or VR because they're out of touch with reality. They will soon find that they were the ones out of touch with reality.
    02-14-17 11:07 PM
    Sorry having trouble following.
    Are you suggesting the BB10 has a future?
    If so have a look at the OP.
    Obviously not in the long term but it will be more than enough for me for years. Just like my Toyota truck.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-17 07:58 AM
    Obviously not in the long term but it will be more than enough for me for years. Just like my Toyota truck.

Posted via CB10
    Two very different things. I answered no, while continuing to use my Z30 till late November. I'm sure someone is still driving around in their cherished Hudson, but I doubt they would answer it has a future.
    02-15-17 08:22 AM
    Neither is a Hudson.
    Future can be 5 minutes, 5 years or 5 cenruries.
    Do you think iOS has a future in 2117?
    I dont.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-17 08:39 AM
    For some individuals... BB10 does have a future (one guy said he bought 10 Passports, so he's planning to stick with it for a long time). But even for that guy, at some point he'll have to give up.

It all a matter of when each of use feels that we can't go any further with BB10... some of us that was months ago, other it might be years from now.

For BlackBerry it was about two years ago...
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    02-15-17 08:49 AM
    For many it may not yet have outlasted it's usefulness, but that's different from it having a future.
    02-15-17 08:58 AM
    And I'm sure people will be saying that in the last, dying days of gasoline, when whatever comes next (electric? hydrogen? self-driving, on-demand shared rides?) supplants it and the final gas stations are dozens of miles apart and barely able to sustain their businesses.
    02-15-17 09:03 AM
    No

Posted via CB10
    02-15-17 11:59 AM
    Neither is a Hudson.
    I dont.

Posted via CB10
    Which car company has a future, DeLorean or Toyota?

Or are you saying you think they're both dead?

Edit: after writing that I remembered someone actually did buy the DeLorean brand and is doing restorations again. I guess that represents some future.
    rayporsche likes this.
    02-15-17 12:05 PM
    Neither is a Hudson.
    I dont.

Posted via CB10
    I am sure all agree since Apple stock hit an all time high this week.
    02-15-17 12:23 PM
    There is currently no reason to think that BB10 has any future other than a possible maintenance update (10.3.4?) sometime in 2017-18.

However, I'm happy to report that in the past year my now four year old Z10 continues to run perfectly and smoothly doing all the 20 or so essential functions that I require of it.

For me, the future over the next 1-2 years looks rosy. I'm pleased to get such great value out of my BlackBerry. I'm happy that Android keeps improving, but I'm even more glad that I haven't had to commit to Lollipop or Marshmallow as a daily driver yet! By the time I feel a need to migrate, I expect Android (O or P) to be a very compelling choice.

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf and rayporsche like this.
    02-15-17 04:20 PM
    I suspect that the last people.using BlackBerry phones in this world will be using BB10 phones.
    02-20-17 07:55 AM
    Will there be new functionality beyond bug fixes and security patches in subsequent updates?
    Will 10.4 ever see the light of day?
    Will BlackBerry ever release a new BB10 phone?

If you believe the answer is yes for any of these questions, vote yes.
    If you believe the answer to be no for all of these questions, vote no.

Now is your chance to show your true colours.
    1 Year Later...

I don't think Blackberry OS 10.4 will ever see the light of day. I'm still hopeful for 10.3.4, which we were promised sometime this year
    I don't think Blackberry Mobile will be releasing any new BB10 devices especially since TCL is now coordinating things. It's not all doom and gloom though. I'm sure many people will continue to use BB10 until at least 2018. For some, it does everything they need. Android is a great path to take and if Blackberry can make it as secure as BB 10.3.3 then I'm all for it

Keenly awaiting Android 7.0 Update.
    02-20-17 08:09 AM
    I'm still hopeful for 10.3.4, which we were promised sometime this year
    Correction: it was promised for sometime last year.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    02-20-17 09:30 AM
    I don't think BB10 has a future. However, I've been enjoying it presently and over the past two years. Currently, I am eagerly awaiting the Mercury.

Posted via my awesome Blacberry 10 device.
    02-20-17 10:18 AM
    I'm still grabbing on the BBOS10 rope with the last 3 strands of threads with the Z10, LEAP and Z3... the last is going to snap soon.
    02-26-17 02:40 AM
    & with repeated official word of commitment to BB10, we have every reason & right to believe it -- especially since BlackBerry is EXPANDING.

 Q10 has been a healthy supplement to my work | life balance. Posted via CB10. BlackBerry has got the juice!
    02-26-17 03:55 PM
    Correction: it was promised for sometime last year.
    Depending on how long the 3rd-party labs take to certify 10.3.3 & 10.3.4.

 Q10 has been a healthy supplement to my work | life balance. Posted via CB10. BlackBerry has got the juice!
    02-26-17 03:58 PM
    & with repeated official word of commitment to BB10, we have every reason & right to believe it -- especially since BlackBerry is EXPANDING.
    You do know that BlackBerry is out of the hardware business, right?
    What expansion are you referring to oh wise one?
    TgeekB likes this.
    02-26-17 04:08 PM
    I do know that a different department of BlackBerry is currently licensing others to make its Android phones -- which leaves the door WIDE open for them to quietly assess & develop BB10. Expansion is a reality in this & in different segments of IoT, ADAS, app development & licensing, it's enterprise suite, logistics, quantum-ready security, & taking patent infringers (SwiftKey, Blu, Avaya, Nokia) & others (Qualcomm) to trial. OFFICIAL accounts debunk maintenance mode & affirm commitment to BB10. Mr. Chen has upheld his promises (regardless of how punctual -- after all, BlackBerry had 10.3.3 ready & had to wait so many months for independent labs to finish their own testing).

02-26-17 04:48 PM
    OFFICIAL accounts debunk maintenance mode & affirm commitment to BB10
    Maintenance is the commitment.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    02-26-17 06:02 PM
1,471 ... 5253545556 ...