View Poll Results: Does BB10 have a future?

Voters
506. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

186 36.76%
  • No

320 63.24%
    This would be my greatest wish. An updated, new Classic, each and every year running BlackBerry 10. All other BlackBerry can run Android since that seems to work for many. Keep the Classic and BlackBerry 10 viable as the most secure OS as certified. The Classic to the dismay of those that prefer an all touch really embodies and exudes all that former and some current users view as a "BlackBerry". I have a Z10, Z30, and Passport. I dig them all for what they are but the Classic with the shortcuts, track pad, keyboard and toolbelt is simply excellent. Could it have greater specs? Of course. Does it do its job and do it well for what it is? Heck yes! Now imagine a Classic with a 3.7-3.9 in screen 1440x1440 with at least a 801 on BlackBerry 10 with a 5.1 runtime. Would there be a niche market and market for businesses and consumers alike? Also when updated each year how about some mainstream TV ad support.

The newest member....Cobalt Classic
    TgeekB, Eno Karapici and ayngling like this.
    02-12-16 12:40 PM
    Re-read first post please we are talking about BB10 not BlackBerry.
    Thanks. Then, no

Posted via CB10
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    02-12-16 01:10 PM
    Yes. I am hoping that BlackBerry holds on long enough make a profit with Android and bb10 to keep making one or two interesting smart phones every year or so.
    I would love this to be true, but given BlackBerry Management's attitude toward languishing business units (fire everybody while misrepresenting that business unit's future in the media) what would the business case be for BlackBerry to "throw good money after bad" (where "good" and "bad" are their subjective opinion, not mine).

BlackBerry simply doesn't have the "mojo" to make a sustainable business around BlackBerry 10. If you have any plan, and I mean ANY, as to how and why BlackBerry management would do this, I would be completely interested in hearing it... not that BlackBerry would actually execute even if it was a 'no brainer' (which means they must have a negative value in their brain trust... scary!) but it would be one more way in which BlackBerry 10 enthusiasts can commiserate and heave our collective heavy sigh.

The BB10 diehards may not want to believe it but the leadership team at BlackBerry are not stupid. They can't come out an say BB10 has no future - BlackBerry has a large inventory of devices that they must sell. They can't afford to write off the existing BB10 inventory. They are playing the same game they did with the Playbook. They knew the product had no future, but could not declare it dead until the existing inventory had been sold.
    You bring up a good point. I'm a BlackBerry 10 diehard... I'm not a BlackBerry Ltd. diehard (any more) because BlackBerry Ltd. (management / strategic planners / PR) have been so effing douchey to "BlackBerry diehards" that only a FOOL would still be a "BlackBerry Ltd. diehard" in the face of what they've been doing w.r.t. BB10 OS and devices at this point. They crap in your sweet potato pie, they TELL you they crap in it, you eat it anyway and you say "Support BlackBerry! Buy a Priv!". Not bluddy likely.
    Last edited by RyanGermann; 02-12-16 at 01:22 PM.
    02-12-16 01:10 PM
    This would be my greatest wish. An updated, new Classic, each and every year running BlackBerry 10. All other BlackBerry can run Android since that seems to work for many. Keep the Classic and BlackBerry 10 viable as the most secure OS as certified. The Classic to the dismay of those that prefer an all touch really embodies and exudes all that former and some current users view as a "BlackBerry". I have a Z10, Z30, and Passport. I dig them all for what they are but the Classic with the shortcuts, track pad, keyboard and toolbelt is simply excellent. Could it have greater specs? Of course. Does it do its job and do it well for what it is? Heck yes! Now imagine a Classic with a 3.7-3.9 in screen 1440x1440 with at least a 801 on BlackBerry 10 with a 5.1 runtime. Would there be a niche market and market for businesses and consumers alike? Also when updated each year how about some mainstream TV ad support.

The newest member....Cobalt Classic
    I wouldn't mind this at all, if doable.
    Last edited by TgeekB; 02-12-16 at 04:43 PM.
    southlander likes this.
    02-12-16 01:25 PM
    Everyone says 'no': why are you still here, guys? Just curious to know.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-16 01:40 PM
    With only two successful mobile OS's one can only hope BB kept making a BB OS. But if no one is buying it, can't fault the business for walking away from it
    02-12-16 01:41 PM
    No. As much as I wish I were wrong.
    02-12-16 01:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    Mostly because we used to carry BlackBerry devices and we liked them for what they were.
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-12-16 01:52 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'm curious why you keep asking that?
    Is that your passive aggressive way of telling us to go away?
    beamolite likes this.
    02-12-16 01:56 PM

Posted via CB10
    Just because I said no.... doesn't mean I don't carry a BlackBerry now.

Heck I still fire up my PlayBook from time to time... mainly as a video player. But that doesn't mean I'd recommend anyone going out and buying a new PlayBook (yes you can still buy in the box PlayBooks). If you own a BB10 device now, we'll see what happens.... But I wouldn't recommend a BB10 device to anyone at this point.
    nglfmark likes this.
    02-12-16 02:05 PM
    The release of PRIV was the nail in the coffin of bb10
    arkenoi likes this.
    02-12-16 02:05 PM

Posted via CB10
    Like others have said - I'm still using a BlackBerry. A Z10, in fact, well past the contract time.

Regardless of my opinion on the future viability of BB10, I am still using it today, so I'm still here.

For how much longer? I don't know. Windows Phone doesn't seem to be faring any better than BB10 at the moment. The Priv would be my first choice, but the size is not to my liking. The HTC One A9 is one I'm looking at real hard as a second option. I don't like Samsung's UI (my son has one), and I refuse to go with Apple (my wife has that).

Posted via CB10
    02-12-16 02:43 PM

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry is a lot more than just one failed operating system. Seems that a lot of BB10 fans have forgotten that fact.

I personally have owned/used BlackBerry devices since the 7250 first hit Verizon and would love to see them turn things around. Hopefully there is still time for them to recover and stay in the hardware business.

Just because I see BB10 for what it is, a huge mistake, doesn't mean that I don't care about BlackBerry and it's future.
    JeepBB, mode_m, TGR1 and 1 others like this.
    02-12-16 02:52 PM
    A good thing about the future is that is happens one day at a time!
    bbnrs and bungaboy like this.
    02-12-16 03:17 PM
    That's a good question. I wish I knew!
    Alas poor Blackberry, I knew him well.
    02-12-16 03:21 PM

Posted via CB10
    The fact that I have an opinion on the future business case for BB10 has nothing to do with how much I might like it, use it, or otherwise think about it.

On top of that, BB10 does not equal BlackBerry.
    DrBoomBotz, TgeekB, TGR1 and 2 others like this.
    02-12-16 03:38 PM
    Yes!!!
    My company too!!

Posted via Q10Bold
    02-12-16 03:45 PM
    No.

But then again, no less a future than any OS running a device that is out of production and on liquidation.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-16 03:48 PM
    No ! Cost of development and of the maintenance of the OS is too high for BlackBerry to keep on. They will just keeping it alive as they do with the legacy OS.
    02-12-16 03:51 PM
    Prob not but hoping I'm wrong

Posted via CB10
    02-12-16 03:53 PM
    Sadly, I don't think BB10 will have a future as a consumer mobile OS.
    Things will get stripped off it to make it security focused and easier to maintain.
    - No more Android Run time
    - No more Amazon App store
    - Basic core apps (Camera, Photo, Music Player) What you see now is it. No new features.
    - Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter integration removal (less maintenance)

There will be a purge on the BlackBerry World site of Android based apps. Most likely this will happen at least a year or two down the line when there is almost no one on BB10.
    02-12-16 04:01 PM
    Yes to all! ... they'd be stupid if not, only if the give up all and stop all - otherwise it would be very stupid in all aspects of warfare

Posted via CB10
    02-12-16 04:35 PM
    Yes. Of course BB10 has a future! It is about perfect the way it is so who needs updates but they will come. It is just too good an OS to die. Chen is not dumb.

BB, Still the One
    02-12-16 04:41 PM
    Yes. Of course BB10 has a future! It is about perfect the way it is so who needs updates but they will come. It is just too good an OS to die. Chen is not dumb.

BB, Still the One
    While I agree it is an excellent OS, one thing is not perfect about it -it doesn't sell and that is not sustainable.
    02-12-16 04:47 PM
    BB10 has a future if it is allowed to have a future.
    02-12-16 06:16 PM
1,471 ... 23456 ...