I have a Q10, Classic and Passport. I want to use the android whatsapp over the next few months before the EOL and see if I like it.

How many of you are running the android version on your bb10 phone?

Finally, can someone link me to the tutorial?

Posted via CB10
    09-21-16 07:25 AM
    From what i hear its garbage at best. If whatsapp is that important to you, you'll have to move on to a different platform and at this point its either iOS or Android.
    09-21-16 09:06 AM
    Not me. I will be using the native app till the end and will switch to a Android BlackBerry phone later if not soon.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-16 09:58 AM
    I have a Q10, Classic and Passport. I want to use the android whatsapp over the next few months before the EOL and see if I like it.

How many of you are running the android version on your bb10 phone?

Finally, can someone link me to the tutorial?

Posted via CB10
    Why use it from now? Use the native while it works
    Once it stops working I am sure people at CrackBerry will release or share some sort of tutorial to make it work

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    09-21-16 10:08 AM
    Anyone here actually sticking to the topic?

Posted via CB10
    09-22-16 07:35 AM
    My family and friends are heavy users of WhatsApp, none use BBM. So I moved to Android due to the Facebook not supporting WhatsApp on the Blackberry platform from end of 2016 debacle.

This was 3-months ago. I have several Blackberry Bolds in the cupboard, waiting for me to see sense and switch back. Recently not a day goes by without me being tempted.

Sure, on Android I stay in contact with family and friends around the world, which is fab. Which also is the only reason why I'm currently sticking with my Sony device. As a result I no longer enjoy the mobile phone experience whatsoever. Too much swiping, waiting, swiping, tapping, cursing the bloody thing. Miserable email management. Short battery life. Shorter patience threshold whereby I barely refrain myself throwing the bloody thing out of the window.

I'm not interested in Blackberry's new foray into the murky Android world, priv and better security theory might well be. Gimme BB OS instead.

I live in the Middle East where BBM is a non-entity - I'd go straight back to my Blackberry if there is a way to skirt this frustrating WhatsApp issue. From what I understand, running the Android version from a Classic or Passport does not guarantee the app will continue to work on said BB devices as their ID will be detected by FB as coming from a BB device. Harrumph.

Don't understand why Blackberry can't code BBM to accept and send WhatsApp messages. Sod videos, images and audio, I'll settle for texts only at this point.

The idea of continuing with Android or moving on to iOS does not appeal. Neither can I foresee the day when the majority of my friends and family will wake up, smell the roses, and embrace BBM.

Facebook have sure bitten a piece off my butt and I'm not happy about it.
    10-04-16 08:14 AM
    I am using it and I find it pretty stable and decent. I don't really have a problem apart from the fact that it crashed once and I re installed it.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-16 08:23 AM
    My family and friends are heavy users of WhatsApp, none use BBM. So I moved to Android due to the Facebook not supporting WhatsApp on the Blackberry platform from end of 2016 debacle.

This was 3-months ago. I have several Blackberry Bolds in the cupboard, waiting for me to see sense and switch back. Recently not a day goes by without me being tempted.

Sure, on Android I stay in contact with family and friends around the world, which is fab. Which also is the only reason why I'm currently sticking with my Sony device. As a result I no longer enjoy the mobile phone experience whatsoever. Too much swiping, waiting, swiping, tapping, cursing the bloody thing. Miserable email management. Short battery life. Shorter patience threshold whereby I barely refrain myself throwing the bloody thing out of the window.

I'm not interested in Blackberry's new foray into the murky Android world, priv and better security theory might well be. Gimme BB OS instead.

I live in the Middle East where BBM is a non-entity - I'd go straight back to my Blackberry if there is a way to skirt this frustrating WhatsApp issue. From what I understand, running the Android version from a Classic or Passport does not guarantee the app will continue to work on said BB devices as their ID will be detected by FB as coming from a BB device. Harrumph.

Don't understand why Blackberry can't code BBM to accept and send WhatsApp messages. Sod videos, images and audio, I'll settle for texts only at this point.

The idea of continuing with Android or moving on to iOS does not appeal. Neither can I foresee the day when the majority of my friends and family will wake up, smell the roses, and embrace BBM.

Facebook have sure bitten a piece off my butt and I'm not happy about it.
    Code BBM to accept and send whatsapp messages? I'm sure u know how the legal system works, correct?

Posted via CB10
    10-04-16 02:51 PM
    What if you don't use facebook?

Or what if your cell phone number isn't in your facebook profile?

I'd happily delete any facebook apps on my phone if it meant me getting a halfway decent whatsapp android version working.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-16 05:42 PM