• 11-25, but only 5-10 people

10 12.99%
  • 11-25,

11 14.29%
  • 26-50

16 20.78%
  • 51+

12 15.58%
    Under 50 a day on average all for business. Usually 70:30 when in office PC:BB. The reverse is 90:10 when on the road.
    Last edited by doxa sub750T; 03-27-12 at 07:42 PM.
    03-27-12 07:39 PM
    As noted above I send on average between 30-40 emails a day but on the receiving end I may get 50-60 or more. Many of which don't require a response.
    03-27-12 08:02 PM
    I easily send a 100+ emails a day to various people. The bulk of which is done on the 9900.
    03-28-12 01:00 AM
    I send about 10 per day from my device, but I RESPOND (via send) to about 50 per day on my device. When I send a new email I am more likely to do it from my desktop since the content is typically longer; responding is usually quicker however, and best and fastest from my 9700 or PlayBook.

Although I think you may be going to the same place with this issue like I was with an earlier post - if we all used our devices to send more (instead of the desktop), our BlackBerry signatures would be seen by more individuals which helps keep the name in peoples' minds.
    03-28-12 08:57 AM
    I send about 10 per day from my device, but I RESPOND (via send) to about 50 per day on my device. When I send a new email I am more likely to do it from my desktop since the content is typically longer; responding is usually quicker however, and best and fastest from my 9700 or PlayBook.

Although I think you may be going to the same place with this issue like I was with an earlier post - if we all used our devices to send more (instead of the desktop), our BlackBerry signatures would be seen by more individuals which helps keep the name in peoples' minds.
    Actually has nothing to do with the BlackBerry tag in my signature

I'm most likely taking on a roll within a start up company who's proliferation is predominately through users email signatures,
    and am fighting with how many people especially in business are still sending e-mails to 10-20 new people per day, and how many of those people are seeing the signature enough times to follow it and click on a link.

I've noticed a shift more and more in my current business life to people returning to the phone call, over the email, and SMS/IM applications where there used to be daily email conversation.

This feeler was put out to see am I really the only one, or is the shift to less emails per day actually happening.
    03-28-12 09:46 AM
    I know my email habits have changed dramatically over the last decade. Heck, just the last three years. Three years ago, I was sending exponentially more emails.

Today it's quite rare for me to use email as a casual correspondence medium, when at one time it was the predominant use. Social media has significantly changed the way email is used today.

Unless I'm sending correspondence that needs to be presented as a letter/document, requires a digital signature, or sending an attached file, email is not my preferred method anymore.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    03-28-12 10:09 AM
    I do send less emails now than in years past. With instant message apps and communicater at work there is less need to write out an email when a few ims takes care of it.
    03-28-12 10:52 AM
    I went 11-25 with only 5-10 people, but it's really probably less than five people. I should also add that my emails are 90% personal/10% business, but that's because I have very little "business" to transact these days. (I guess I'm more of a socialite. ) Furthermore, my emails are generally from the same contacts (friends and family), and are generally reply/reply back and forth conversations. All that said, I find that phone calls and emails are most adequate for business.

Oh, and 90% of my emails are sent and received on my BlackBerry using five different email accounts. I hardly ever open email on my computer.
    03-28-12 11:54 AM
    How many emails do you actually send in a day?
    About 50 to 60 emails on average.

Are you sending emails to the same people over and over in a day or do you send to a wide range of users?
    Many same people.
    And wide range also.

What device do you use the most to SEND your emails?
    My Blackberry.

Is this the same device you use to read most of your incoming emails?
    Yes.
    Some mails need a pc to be read (due to attachments). Still, I prefer replying from my Blackberry.
    03-28-12 09:42 PM
    I'm in the 26 to 50 per day range.

Are you sending emails to the same people over and over in a day or do you send to a wide range of users?
    A mix. About 25% of my emails are to the same group of people.

It's a mix of my Bold 9650 and my Playbook. I find I'm only using my PC when I need to attach something that's on my computer and no accessible on either of my mobile devices.

is this the same device you use to read most of your incoming emails?
    Yes.

NOTE: I'm including emails generated by creating appointments on my calendar either on my phone or my Playbook. One time change on an event with 20 attendees generates 20 emails.
    03-28-12 10:53 PM
    I send like maybe 1-2 a month lol
    03-28-12 11:33 PM

I'm just doing a bit of research here,

Thanks

(I'm throwing in a poll just cause)
    Have you seen this article?
    03-29-12 12:56 AM
    I average 40-60 sent an email everyday

†ηk συ;

Sent from my BlackBerry® 9780 using Tapatalk
    03-29-12 01:05 AM
    Im sending an average of 40-50 per day to email distros of more than 20 people. I also receive a bunch of emails hourly and these emails contain attachments of office files...
    03-29-12 02:09 AM
    I fire of at least 60-75 per day to various candidates and clients. I view them & reply on my 9860.
    03-29-12 04:10 AM

I'm just doing a bit of research here,

Thanks

(I'm throwing in a poll just cause)
    This sounds like it could be a social sciences experiment! I don't send that many emails through my phone; but I send quick emails when I'm not at home or if I need to respond quickly. However, if you asked me how many BBM's and texts I'd send in a day, it would be at least five times more (50 or so)! But that too depends on the day and to whom I am texting.

I have noticed that when I have someone on BBM, I talk to them a lot more than when I had them as a texting contact (before I had a BlackBerry or while RIM had a setback in the fall). Perhaps it's the magic of BBM - it's a great communication service - but those whom I have on BBM get more messages from me (and they send me more messages too) than when I did not have a smartphone.

Great idea for a thread!
    03-29-12 03:55 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD