I currently have the 9900 as well but will be trying out the L series.

To be fair though I will also jump to every device they release as long as the specs are comparable or better (A series if those are true rumors).
    10-30-12 04:33 PM
    If they released both at the same time, it would be a very tough decision for me, but since I only have the option for all touch(at the beginning), then I have no choice...LoL I'll check out the qwerty version too, but I can type very quickly on my touch device now (shrug) I believe to enhance the BB10 experience it should be done on an all touch device (Yeah, PB counts), I wouldn't even have to think about going touch for the increased real estate. I don't think I am alone in this either. When I ditch my current G3 for BB10, there is no way I can switch to a device with just over half the screen size I am using now.
    10-30-12 05:02 PM
    if they made a slider, we would not have to give up screen real estate and have a keyboard. Please make a slider!!!
    RIM is planning a slider version of BB10 to hit around mid 2013. I'm also patiently waiting for one..
    10-30-12 05:53 PM
    Get a tablet if you want a larger screen.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-30-12 06:16 PM
    probably getting all touch and then also keeping my 9930 active. After all the BlackBerry 10 phones are not going to really be any better at messaging. Which is the #1 reason to use the physical keys anyway.

10-30-12 06:21 PM
    define solid.

9850 9860 torch
    9380 curve
    these are os7 devices with solid designs.
    full virtual qwerty keyboard and all.

#blackberry by choice. Sent from my 9800 non-slide slider.
    I think he meant solid full touchscreen device.....

10-30-12 06:23 PM
    Get a tablet if you want a larger screen.

I don't understand? What if I want a phone with a bigger screen?
    10-30-12 06:30 PM
    I don't understand? What if I want a phone with a bigger screen?
    That's your choice.

10-30-12 06:36 PM
    That's your choice.

Maybe I misunderstood the Get A Tablet comment. Sorry
    10-30-12 06:54 PM
    I'll be sticking with the full qwerty keyboard. Love that keyboard!
    10-30-12 07:01 PM
    I hope they release it the 1st week of January cause i cant wait any longer. But considering how Samsung and HTC raised the bar with their 4.8 Android phones, BB should consider making their 1st all touch at least 4.5 inches to compete.
    10-30-12 07:05 PM
    I think he meant solid full touchscreen device.....

i think i did mention the phones i was referring to are all FULLY touchscreen with no physical qwerty keyboard at all.

#blackberry by choice. Sent from my 9800 non-slide slider.
    10-30-12 07:11 PM
    The L series looks great but I love my keyboard too much to give it up. The N series will take some getting used to minus the trackpad and the adjacent buttons but I think the 9900 has one of the best form factors ever so I'm glad they are staying somewhat true to that with the BB 10 QWERTY.
    10-30-12 07:33 PM
    Nope, gonna wait for a Slider before I give up my Torch.
    10-30-12 09:08 PM
    Too hard of a choice at this time. I am rockin' a 9900 + PB and it's a fairly solid combo. Stuck on why update if I am going to another qwerty device, since the typing/email may be similar or getting a all touch and having an all touch phone beside a PB which has essentially negates the value of the PB.
    If I see a Blackforest... Then the choice is easy for me, 10" tab and full touch phone. Keep the 9900 around as my US phone.
    10-30-12 09:59 PM
    All touch here ,if my tiny 'Cspire' carrier offers one.
    10-30-12 10:03 PM
    I'm ditching the QWERTY keyboard for the full touch.
    10-30-12 10:11 PM
    QWERTY is god!
    10-30-12 10:27 PM
    I most likely will be...

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    10-30-12 11:43 PM
    I'm ready to give up my HP Veer to have a go at the all touch BB10. BB10 looks to good to wait for the slider form factor.
    10-31-12 08:44 AM
    I won't say never, but it's highly unlikely I'd go to a full touch phone. And I don't think I'd consider another slider, unless it was landscape-oriented. It still remains to be seen just how well BB10 will translate to a QWERTY device and if it will truly take the BB QWERTY experience to the next level. I haven't seen anything about these devices other than a few concept pics.
    10-31-12 09:15 AM
    The predictive touch keyboard for BB10 truly looks great. As those that have gone hands-on with it have commented, it does take time to get used to - but it is addictive and very functional.

That said - it is only part of the equation. Text insertion, cursor control, etc - is huge. While Kevin & others have mentioned that the trackpad has no place in the BB10 swiping UI - I do agree. The exception to that is for text control - if I cannot easily select text, characters, & quickly insert the cursor in the right part of a paragraph for editing - the trackpad is still needed. Doing this on the PlayBook today is aggrevating.

Typing is half the equation, the other half is the cursor control ...
    sleepngbear likes this.
    10-31-12 09:34 AM
    The predictive touch keyboard for BB10 truly looks great. As those that have gone hands-on with it have commented, it does take time to get used to - but it is addictive and very functional.

That said - it is only part of the equation. Text insertion, cursor control, etc - is huge. While Kevin & others have mentioned that the trackpad has no place in the BB10 swiping UI - I do agree. The exception to that is for text control - if I cannot easily select text, characters, & quickly insert the cursor in the right part of a paragraph for editing - the trackpad is still needed. Doing this on the PlayBook today is aggrevating.

Typing is half the equation, the other half is the cursor control ...
    Wow -- sounds like it came from my own head (for which you might want to be concerned!).

If a QWERTY BB10 doesn't do it for me, I surely won't abandon the brand -- I'd be more than happy to hang on to BB7. It's been the best option for me until now, no reason to think that wouldn't continue to be the case going forward.
    10-31-12 09:42 AM
    I've had a keyboard on my phones since my Treo 600 in 2002, but I'm going to get an L and try to go all touch. Just don't want to give up the screen real estate. I wouldn't mind seeing RIM come out with a portable BT keyboard the size of a 9900 keyboard for times when some hardcover typing is required, maybe when on travel. Would be useful for Playbook owners to.
    What a fascinating idea.
    10-31-12 03:48 PM
    I still get a thrill picking up my 9900 - it is so gorgeous. I love the keyboard and the touchscreen combination, and I must say the trackpad is pretty bloody essential for moving a curser around when typing.

But BB10 is designed for a full touchscreen experience - I reckon that is why we've only seen BB10DA as a touchscreen. I am struggling to understand how it will function in a genuinely satisfactory way on a QWERTY phone, I really am. It may be that the 9900 will have been the pinnacle of the QWERTY device. It is seriously beautiful but maybe the QWERTY has had its day?
    10-31-12 03:57 PM
78 1234