So with the Z10 doing well in the market. Most likely 2 to 3 million in the wild already, worldwide. The Q10 on the launch pad and a pipeline full of exciting new products. I ask whats the number of BB10 devices that need to be in the market before the remaining No show apps are just being stupid for not having a BB10 app. For me that number has past already when its known that many times the current number are sure to hit the wild soon.
    With the ability to port an android app wile working on native, "if they like" It seem that using the argument of "no customers to serve" as an excuse is a bunch of BS. It gets to the point that something else is stopping them from coming. In the case of Netflix I believe they are not coming because they want BlackBerry to sign a non compete agreement or at least trying to secure a more lucrative bounty from BlackBerry for the service. In turn screwing their fan base.
    Other apps im not so sure why the wait, but it strikes me as stupid going forward. Not to support BB10 as its already proven to have a sizable market and a lot of that market is used to using the said apps that people are currently waiting for.
    I see no reason Instagram would not be rushing to provide its customers with the apps they desire.
    Have these app providers let their success go to their heads? Are they really bigger then the customers they serve?
    The cost of developing an app is not a valid reason for either Instagram or Netflix. their both worth Billions and can simply hire developers or let BlackBerry develope the apps for them.
    So again I ask, whats the number of BB10 devices that BlackBerry needs to sell before you all believe its clearly a stupid move, not to have a BB10 app in BlackBerry world? For me a few million customers is enough customers that they should be racing to build apps and service their customers.
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    04-24-13 12:45 AM
    I guess it depends on the app.

Totally agree with the non-competitive stuff. Some of these apps whole purpose is to gain marketshare and a large userbase.

I'll throw my number out as 10 million. So if only 1% download the app you stll have 100,000 customers. That would be a sizeable consumer base.

Every BB purchased right now is a vote against the whole concept of these 'must have' apps. I hope they come, just so BBs audience is larger. But its not do or die like some people make it out to be. Or BB wouldn't have sold any devices yet.
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    04-24-13 01:15 AM