I'm not saying RIM has made perfect phones, but when the market is filled with an astounding number of choices for the consumer, it's ultimately up to the buyer to decide what's right for them. Yet, time and time again we see the BUYER purposefully neglecting to research, slapping down loads of money on a phone, then blaming the product for working the way it does.

/rant

What are everyone else's thoughts on this?
    JackJerry and didgit like this.
    11-11-11 11:03 PM
    That is the current Official Fanboy Position. I prefer to think buyers of products have the right to criticize manufacturers who don't do as they say they will do.
    Chrisy and K Bear like this.
    11-11-11 11:07 PM
    I'm not saying RIM has made perfect phones, but when the market is filled with an astounding number of choices for the consumer, it's ultimately up to the buyer to decide what's right for them. Yet, time and time again we see the BUYER purposefully neglecting to research, slapping down loads of money on a phone, then blaming the product for working the way it does.
    /rant

What are everyone else's thoughts on this?
    I've also noticed this to be a hardline fanboy stance on this site. You bought it, if it didn't work or you didn't like it, your fault because you were negligent/stupid/not tech savvy etc.

Can you imagine buying a product from, oh, I don't know ANY COMPANY BESIDES RIM, complaining about it, and then have the tables turned on you and all of a sudden its your fault? I can't. I can' imagine going to the Apple Store with a complaint about a product and then being condescended to or drowned out with techspeak.

It seems RIM bites off way more than they can chew by trying to market to too many people and by trying to compete with bonafide smartphone professionals.
    Chrisy and moiselles like this.
    11-11-11 11:29 PM
    its because rim provides more than one phone on the market , where "someone else" not naming only has one on the market , so depending on your budget gets you c or b or a . i'm not saying its right , but it doesnt just cater to everyone . for what its worth , rim was still mean w/ business users in mind , seeing the difference in processors for the berry you buy .
    11-11-11 11:35 PM
    i'm sorry but rim fanboys are truly more disgusting than apple fanboys in every sense of the word. apple's are just extremely proud and in their own world while rim's has zero tolerance for anyone who speaks negatively about rim. just an observation.
    K Bear likes this.
    11-11-11 11:43 PM
    I've also noticed this to be a hardline fanboy stance on this site. You bought it, if it didn't work or you didn't like it, your fault because you were negligent/stupid/not tech savvy etc.

Can you imagine buying a product from, oh, I don't know ANY COMPANY BESIDES RIM, complaining about it, and then have the tables turned on you and all of a sudden its your fault? I can't. I can' imagine going to the Apple Store with a complaint about a product and then being condescended to or drowned out with techspeak.
    No, this isn't what I meant at all.

There's plenty of information out there that 3D technology can give people headache, nausea, and strained eyes. Yet, there are people out there who will buy the TV, get headaches from watching, then blame the TV.

It seems RIM bites off way more than they can chew by trying to market to too many people and by trying to compete with bonafide smartphone professionals.
    Yeah... you have fun explaining what a smartphone professional is.
    Last edited by sg8330; 11-11-11 at 11:58 PM.
    11-11-11 11:51 PM
    No, this isn't what I meant at all.

There's plenty of information out there that 3D technology can give people headache, nausea, and strained eyes. Yet, there are people out there who will buy the TV, get headaches from watching, then blame the TV.

What the **** is a smartphone professional?
    Those products, I presume, carry warnings. Can you imagine RIM putting a warning on the Playbook box? WARNING: May require buyer to wait over a year for full functionality.
    Chrisy and K Bear like this.
    11-11-11 11:59 PM

4 words for you. "Youre holding it wrong"
    sg8330 and Branta like this.
    11-12-11 12:01 AM
    Lol. Really? Those words are better than someone telling you,the customer, to just reload the operating system and it will work like new. You guys make me laugh. It's never RIMs fault, and everyone else is just an ***** for not doing more research. Maybe. Just maybe RIM should concentrate on quality control, a stable OS, better user experience, different pricing structure and developing BIS. That might make more of a difference to us idiots.

I haven't even started on those poor saps who actually purchased a playbook at full retail. Most of those individuals are diehard RIM fanatics, and they got taken for a ride.

It's not all bad... You still have a blinky light and your precious keyboard. Nice!
    11-12-11 12:52 AM
    Whoa. Trolling storm. Ok guys. Fanboyism is flithy whatever the device. So everybody shut up because its just not nice or good. Oh yeah, iPhone and Android fanboys, get the **** outta here before I storm your beloved AndroidCentral and TiPB

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-11 01:14 AM
    [QUOTE=ichat;6845799]Whoa. Trolling storm. Ok guys. Fanboyism is flithy whatever the device. So everybody shut up because its just not nice or good. Oh yeah, iPhone and Android fanboys, get the **** outta here before I storm your beloved AndroidCentral and TiPB

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com[

Storm away! I own an blackberry also.
    11-12-11 01:18 AM
    Good god mods, close this stupid a** waste of space. Cheerios suck compared to cornflakes. Blah Blah Blah. SSDD.

11-12-11 01:22 AM
    Two things. One, "you're holding it wrong" isn't an actual quote. Two, the actual quote is no worse than, say, "We will have, if you want, a standalone non-web, non-paired email client on it within the next, I believe it was 60 days scheduled� or that the Android Player is due "sometime [last] summer."

http://crackberry.com/native-email-a...aybook-60-days
    11-12-11 01:38 AM
    [QUOTE=sallenthornton;6845803]
    Whoa. Trolling storm. Ok guys. Fanboyism is flithy whatever the device. So everybody shut up because its just not nice or good. Oh yeah, iPhone and Android fanboys, get the **** outta here before I storm your beloved AndroidCentral and TiPB

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com[

Storm away! I own an blackberry also.
    Learn to quote first

11-12-11 01:38 AM
    [QUOTE=ichat;6845831]

Learn to quote first

Didn't I quote your post? What about now? You must be one of those serious professionals I read about all the time on this forum. You crack me up. Thanks!
    11-12-11 02:11 AM
    [QUOTE=sallenthornton;6845871]

Didn't I quote your post? What about now? You must be one of those serious professionals I read about all the time on this forum. You crack me up. Thanks!
    Awwwwwwww......................... Jealous aren't you. Now shut up.
    11-12-11 02:27 AM
    [QUOTE=ichat;6845885]

Awwwwwwww......................... Jealous aren't you. Now shut up.
    Lol. Again? Jealous of what? You being a serious professional business person? Wow! Shut up is all you got? How about this... No.
    11-12-11 02:40 AM
    [QUOTE=sallenthornton;6845894]

Lol. Again? Jealous of what? You being a serious professional business person? Wow! Shut up is all you got? How about this... No.
    Wow. This is an online forum. Get a life. Don't fight here. Fight face-to-face even if you have to

11-12-11 03:20 AM
    scoop up everyone that posted here and bar them for a week. If I got to go with, so be it!
    Last edited by Dapper37; 11-12-11 at 05:07 AM.
    11-12-11 04:36 AM
    That is the current Official Fanboy Position. I prefer to think buyers of products have the right to criticize manufacturers who don't do as they say they will do.
    This. Agreed. If I buy a product that doesn't meet my needs or doesn't perform as promised, I have a right to openly complain. That's part of being a consumer. I'm an educated, smart woman and user error isn't likely.

That being said, I never had any issues or problems with the two BlackBerry devices I've owned. They were solid phones. I simply prefer iPhone because it's so fluid and smooth and works like a dream. I have not bashed BlackBerry at all.

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk!
    11-12-11 07:51 AM
    If I buy a product that doesn't meet my needs or doesn't perform as promised, I have a right to openly complain.
    I would agree with the second half of the above but not the first. If someone buys a product that does not meet their needs THEY are at fault not the product or the manufacturer.

And a lot of the whining that goes on around here from the anti BB or disgruntled BB users falls into the category of "I'm pissed because my BB is not an iPhone or android device".
    11-12-11 09:10 AM
    Off topic and fighting within the first page! Closing the thread before it completely derails and attracts warnings or gets someone banned.
    11-12-11 09:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD