Hey everyone,

So I am a long time BlackBerry user however the lack of apps (yes I am aware of sideloading but no, it is not a feasible option) finally pushed me to use a Nexus 5 running Android 6.0 (Completely stock). While I was very happy finally having access to all the apps, the lack of proper notifications actually pushed me back to my BlackBerry Classic. Here is some background info on my situation.

-The pulldown notifications I found was too cluttered. ie I do not want to see how many apps were updated from Google PlayStore, weather for tomorrow etc.
    -The fact I had to go into each of my apps (messenger, email inbox, phone icon) to see if I had any new messages was tedious and I actually ended up missing a lot of my messages and calls
    -I could not set different notifications for things like text messages and emails (ie. 1 short vibration for texts with green LED, 2 long vibrations for emails)

However with that being said I know how customizable Android is and I know many of the problems I listed above are not shortfalls of Android, but in fact my own lack of knowledge with this OS. So if any previous BlackBerry users (or dual wielders) that made the switch can shed some light as to what I should do like downloading certain launchers etc. to make it more like a BlackBerry that would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    02-29-16 11:40 PM
    Take a look at Light Flow.
    03-01-16 12:22 AM
    03-01-16 12:27 AM
    Skin it, baby... ;-)

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    03-01-16 04:14 PM
    You can probably download and install the BlackBerry Hub onto your Nexus. I remember seeing a post on how to do it. You are basically using the apps that are on the Priv.

If I ever decide to use an Android I'd try to load the BlackBerry virtual keyboard and Hub onto the phone.

Posted via CB10
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-01-16 04:41 PM
    Hey everyone,

So I am a long time BlackBerry user however the lack of apps (yes I am aware of sideloading but no, it is not a feasible option) finally pushed me to use a Nexus 5 running Android 6.0 (Completely stock). While I was very happy finally having access to all the apps, the lack of proper notifications actually pushed me back to my BlackBerry Classic. Here is some background info on my situation.

-The pulldown notifications I found was too cluttered. ie I do not want to see how many apps were updated from Google PlayStore, weather for tomorrow etc.
    -The fact I had to go into each of my apps (messenger, email inbox, phone icon) to see if I had any new messages was tedious and I actually ended up missing a lot of my messages and calls
    -I could not set different notifications for things like text messages and emails (ie. 1 short vibration for texts with green LED, 2 long vibrations for emails)

However with that being said I know how customizable Android is and I know many of the problems I listed above are not shortfalls of Android, but in fact my own lack of knowledge with this OS. So if any previous BlackBerry users (or dual wielders) that made the switch can shed some light as to what I should do like downloading certain launchers etc. to make it more like a BlackBerry that would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    I could go for Marshmallow. Tried to get a Lollipop ROM on my Kit Kat phone but it didn't work

 Priv... cue the comeback!
    03-01-16 07:07 PM
    Thanks for all the responses guys. I tried downloading the apk's from cobalt's page however they did not work all the time (crashes, lag etc)
    Granted I am on 6.0 and it said as a disclaimer it's for 5.1

I think I will stick to using my classic as my main and Hotspot to my nexus for the apps.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-16 10:11 PM