Agreed - I have the Curve, and I can definitely live with it for 2 years - but I'm sure a newer, better Curve will come along. Keeping a phone 6 years? Why that's just CRAZY TALK! :-)~
    10-27-08 01:02 AM
    I actually laughed reading most of the comments to the OP's
    question.

Prior to a Nokia E62 (which I dumped) and then my Pearl and
    Curve I used the same phone for 5 or so years.

Why? Because it worked and did everything I needed it to do.
    Sure there were better phones on the market, but I for one don't
    have the need to constantly go for the newest "hottest" thing
    on the market unless it will be a vast improvement, in every major aspect,
    over what I currently uses.
    10-27-08 01:27 AM
    6 years is just not likely with a converged device (PDA Phone) since even if the phone functions work fine the PDA portion will not keep up with the software. Even the CDMA Curves are light on memory and this is going to have to change if RIM is going to keep up. Or at least add the ability to run applications from the memory card. Technology just changes too quick. I will be looking at new devices at about a year and will change anytime from there to 2 years most likely.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-08 10:01 AM
    You will want a newer one. Your BB is like your car....you give it love while you have it and when a flashier one comes along you trade it in.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    On top of that You should have the insurance also! Its always better to be safe than sorry!
    10-27-08 11:31 AM
    I actually laughed reading most of the comments to the OP's
    question.

Prior to a Nokia E62 (which I dumped) and then my Pearl and
    Curve I used the same phone for 5 or so years.

Why? Because it worked and did everything I needed it to do.
    Sure there were better phones on the market, but I for one don't
    have the need to constantly go for the newest "hottest" thing
    on the market unless it will be a vast improvement, in every major aspect,
    over what I currently uses.
    In my opinion in the past it was easy to keep a phone for that long. I mean back then every iteration of a phone was basically just a different design of the same old stuff. Most of the features stayed pretty much the same.
    A phone you purchased in 1997 would be more than adequate in the year 2000.

However now every iteration of a phone packs in more and more features with much better design/form factor than its predecessor. So you can kind of see why most people choose to change every year or so.

The key word being CHOOSE. At the end of the day its your money and your phone. If you are happy with your phone and want to keep it for 6+ years your going to, if not your going to buy a new one...
    10-27-08 04:26 PM
    hmm i guess we could all say the same thing here....6 yrs is a long time....youll upgrade....new os...get a new phone...
    anybody say dont be cheap? :-P
    10-28-08 12:49 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD