I recently moved from Sprint to Alltel, porting my number. It's been a little over 24 hours and while outbound my new phone and service works just fine - if I call my mobile number it still rings to my old phone.

Is this normal? How long should it take before calls are ringing to my new blackberry?

Thanks.
    02-02-08 08:15 AM
    Typically the process completes within a few hours. It can take as long as 24.

If it still hasn't completed there could be a conflict in information. Call alltel and have them look into the port
    02-02-08 08:51 AM
    when I switch from Sprint to AT&T, it took about 3 days to have the number ported.
    02-02-08 11:29 AM
    Sometimes if there is an issue with the port... ie. the address wasn't typed EXACTLY correctly it can hold up the port. Just call customer service and they will be able to tell you what is going on.
    02-02-08 12:32 PM
    When I ported my number from Nextel to Cingular two years ago, the port wasn't complete until Nextel called me to verify that I did indeed want to cancel and have my number ported.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-08 12:57 PM
    When I ported my number from Verizon to T-Mobile, the process was completed in less than 12 hours (I called one night after 8pm and the number had been fully ported by the time I got up at 5). The T-Mo rep warned me, though, that the process could take up to 24 hours.
    02-02-08 02:48 PM
    It can sometimes take up to 72hrs. Although typically 24 or less. If you're still having problems, try resetting your device. If that doesn't work you can try 'reactivating' the device, customer service can help with the specifics on that, it basically just resets the phone from their end of the network.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-08 03:03 PM
    I just ported from Verizon to AT&T and my port took 7 days. (I ordered online from the AT&T Premier website). To make a long story short, I was told that the system was having problems porting my number over. My Verizon number was created in AT&T's Market 39. I live in AT&T's Market 42. It took me all that time to finally get a customer service rep who really understood the problem and alter my order to say that my Verizon number was in Market 42. Once that was done, my red BlackBerry Pearl was shipped overnight into my hot little hands!

Just hoping to save someone else the headache...and by the way - LOVE this site!!!
    02-02-08 05:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD