I am using Torch at the moment. Just accidentaly delete the Plugin. I am desperate to get it back.

Please help

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-10 11:21 PM
    11-25-10 11:41 PM
    um, that was easy enough
    11-25-10 11:50 PM
    It said the my device doesn't met the requirements. How can that be?

11-26-10 07:58 AM
    And I am using Torch OS 6 with BIS so there is no way that I could not meet the device requirments. Any suggestion?

11-26-10 11:16 AM
    i have one
    if you want to go third party google has put out a gmail app that looks and feels cooler than the plugin. you can find it at m.gmail.com i think. go from your phone browser and check it out. it should offer you the option to download it
    11-26-10 12:08 PM
    i have one
    if you want to go third party google has put out a gmail app that looks and feels cooler than the plugin. you can find it at m.gmail.com i think. go from your phone browser and check it out. it should offer you the option to download it
    Yeah. I have tried that one, but I still prefer to have all of my emails integrated into one mailbox and besides, when there is an incoming message, the app doesn't ring to alert me
    11-26-10 02:49 PM
    Can anybody give me an alternative link?
    11-26-10 03:33 PM
    Can anybody give me an alternative link?
    Ok, I haven't found an alternate link...but, if you're at all familiar with the OS loading process...this will be a cinch....

go to this link:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14795400/net_rim_bb_gmail.alx

to find the alx file for the enhanced gmail plugin.

save that file to your desktop and then copy and paste that file into this folder on your computer:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9650AMEA_v6.0.0.280_P4.4.0.185

the last subfolder will be whatever OS you either have loaded or will be loading onto your device and you should see all of your other .alx files there as well.

after doing that..go into the
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

file on your computer and double-click the AppLoader icon to run that program.

just to make sure the .alx file was added, click the "add.." button and manually add the file to your phone..keep clicking run, next or continue to follow through with the process..after it is all done and your phone performs the reboot at the end, your phone should have the gmail plugin installed.

i know this sounds complex, but in actuality it isn't..if anything seems like it's too much or too vague, let me know..hope this helps.
    11-26-10 04:09 PM
    Ok, I haven't found an alternate link...but, if you're at all familiar with the OS loading process...this will be a cinch....

go to this link:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14795400/net_rim_bb_gmail.alx

to find the alx file for the enhanced gmail plugin.

save that file to your desktop and then copy and paste that file into this folder on your computer:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9650AMEA_v6.0.0.280_P4.4.0.185

the last subfolder will be whatever OS you either have loaded or will be loading onto your device and you should see all of your other .alx files there as well.

after doing that..go into the
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

file on your computer and double-click the AppLoader icon to run that program.

just to make sure the .alx file was added, click the "add.." button and manually add the file to your phone..keep clicking run, next or continue to follow through with the process..after it is all done and your phone performs the reboot at the end, your phone should have the gmail plugin installed.

i know this sounds complex, but in actuality it isn't..if anything seems like it's too much or too vague, let me know..hope this helps.
    Same issue here. Running OS6 for 9700. Accidentally removed gmail plug-in during OS upgrade to another OS6 version. Can see the .ALX file right where it should be. Trying to add. "This application is not compatible with your device and cannot be loaded." What other steps can I take?

Thank you!
    08-29-11 10:25 PM
    Hook the device up to your computer and open BlackBerry Desktop Manager. Find the selection on the left titled "Applications." Make certain that the Gmail enhanced plugin is checked, then click the "Next" icon and follow the instructions. It will appear that it is deleting and reloading your entire system, but when the device reboots at the end, you should find everything the way it was, but with the plugin added.

I'm recalling this from memory from a year and a half ago, so no warranties, express or implied.
    08-30-11 08:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD