View Poll Results: How important is surfing the web on a mobile device to you?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very important!

49 59.76%
  • Nice to have but not a necessity!

31 37.80%
  • Don't really utilize it!

2 2.44%
    I understand that today with the advent of the iphone and android phones that web surfing has become almost 2nd nature. But to me, it's a nice feature, but I could live without it.
    Last edited by btufail; 06-08-10 at 02:11 PM.
    06-08-10 02:02 PM
    Hardly at all. It's nice to have for quick and simple things but for 98% of my
    surfing needs my notebook or tablet are much better suited to the task.

Although, if I were limited to ONLY a mobile device for browsing the iPhone
    would be my go to device.
    06-08-10 02:10 PM
    GMTA, I was thinking of adding a poll also!
    06-08-10 02:12 PM
    Important in the sense of having the ability to do it when I'm not around a computer.
    06-08-10 02:30 PM
    It's nice to have but I don't need it. My laptop works just fine for surfing
    06-08-10 02:40 PM
    I use it occasionally, but it's not a necessity, nice to have but I don't use it all that often.
    06-08-10 02:45 PM
    I use it fairly often since I'm usaully on the go. Probably would do a lot more mobile browsing if I wasn't on the sluggish iden.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-10 02:50 PM
    It's nice to have, that's for sure. It has gotten me out of trouble a couple of time when I did not have access to a PC.

However I usually do have access to a PC.
    06-08-10 02:53 PM
    Imperative. I make frequent use of news websites and on-the-spot research. Also, using Youtube to get videos of how to disassemble another phone out in the wild is a godsend.
    06-08-10 02:53 PM
    I understand that today with the advent of the iphone and android phones that web surfing has become almost 2nd nature. But to me, it's a nice feature, but I could live without it.
    Without internet a mobile phone is completeky useless. It would be cheaper to use a pay phone frir me..

06-08-10 03:06 PM
    For me it really depends on the phone itself, the berry im very happy with it, now i played with the idea of a rumor touch, and got what i expected and wasnt very happy.
    06-08-10 04:38 PM
    A def must for me that's why I'm so frustraded with BB browers being not up to par.
    06-08-10 07:20 PM
    It really depends on the definition of "surfing". My use is mainly a small range of targeted pages like airline check-in, flights, weather and traffic reports. In each case I want one or two known pages, and they are mostly designed for phone/mobile access.

True surfing and extended browsing over widespread pages designed for large high resolution screens is hardly practical on a phone's small screen. It is hard enough on a netbook where the screen is much larger than any phone.
    06-08-10 07:24 PM
    Only in an emergency. If it was needed I'd go iphone over droid. Droid blows

06-08-10 07:24 PM
    It really depends on the definition of "surfing". My use is mainly a small range of targeted pages like airline check-in, flights, weather and traffic reports. In each case I want one or two known pages, and they are mostly designed for phone/mobile access.
    That's largely my position too--I'll add news sites to the list. I'll interpret the poll question to be "how important is web access..." I don't use a laptop, so I find web access on a mobile phone essential when I'm between computers (or sitting more than twenty feet from one )
    06-08-10 08:01 PM
    I surfed the web a lot more when I had an iphone 3g. Tbh, the internet sucks on blackberrys. Its choppy, doesn't zoom nicely and its an overall pain but for quickly looking something up, its sufficient.

06-08-10 09:54 PM
    I browse the web on my phone whenever I'm out and/or don't have my laptop on me. It's a mini substitute for my laptop basically.
    06-08-10 09:59 PM
    I dont rely on it 100% but am glad to be able to use it. It doesn't do all that I can do on my laptop though
    06-08-10 10:01 PM
    It is important but my curves browser is so limited I have about a 30% chance of it actually loading, therefore I'm hesitant to even try. If it was more robust, I'd use it more.
    06-08-10 10:09 PM
    I don't think I could be without it.

I have dial up at home, and even on the IDEN network its still much faster than my computer.

With mobile sites and Opera mini, I do over 98% of my web surfing on my phone.

PM1

06-08-10 10:48 PM
    I could live without it as long as the ability to tether still exists. Honestly, I only have three websites tbat I frequent regularely on the phone, this being one of them. Sometimes others if I really need them. Otherwise, I need a screen big enough that I can actually read the text without panning all over the place...lol.

06-08-10 11:41 PM
    I picked very important. I want good web browsing when I need it. Webkit is long over due. It would go a long way to stopping the wondering eye people have going over to Android and iPhones.
    06-09-10 12:25 AM
    I feel its very important...some people, like myself, don't want to carry a netbook/laptop around and need to have that access on the go...

06-09-10 01:48 AM
    I absolutely use the web browser a lot. I find it very convenient when I don't have the time or location to drag out the laptop.
    06-09-10 09:08 AM
    if i don't need the interwebs on the go i would have been using a dummy phone!
    06-09-10 09:23 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD