The threads we get complaining about the Z10 are vague posts without any real concrete complaints. OPs never really give a good answer to why the don't like it. The thread titles created are usually flame-bait material. Furthermore these threads quickly get filled with comments about how great people think the Z10 is and often don't have any of the issues the OP has, but for some reason the OP usually can't except that the majority are in love with the phone.

I'd categorize all these 'bye BB' posts as trolling. Where else is it conceivable that someone feels so compelled to say they are switching. People just switch. Its not the end of the world. Why the need to let people know you are going? Others can find out for themselves if they like the device or not.

So to me all these indecisive and out of place posts are just a product of the internet, and the fact that theres always going to be a percentage of posters who are naysayers, debbie-downers, trolls, people who like to subject others to their misery. I'm just surprised that day after day, same thread after same thread with zero new information gets created and not shut down immediately, or at least funnelled into a useful thread. All phones have issues and/or differences. No phone is for everyone. But obviously Z10 is for a lot of people and as time continues these soap-box switchers will be more and more out of place. As I've read in a lot of the threads people are all out of cookies to give. Maybe its time to just move on and enjoy life while Z10 users continue to enjoy theirs.
    04-22-13 01:35 AM
    I'm glad that people are enjoying the device. It's a great first effort for BB and I know many are like me and can't wait to see how BB grows this OS as it has a ton of potential

I will say this though...no disrespect but don't you think it's a little naive to think that most are "trolling" when trying to post what they find wrong with the device? I actually think there have been quite a few threads created that legitimately explained why another device might have worked better for some. Some threads definitely are trolling but I wouldn't say most of them are.

It's not perfect but I think even those that leave haven't completely wrote the device off. They see the potential it has and with a little more maturity in the OS, they'll most likely give it another try later down the road
    04-22-13 02:21 AM
    The threads we get complaining about the Z10 are vague posts without any real concrete complaints. OPs never really give a good answer to why the don't like it. The thread titles created are usually flame-bait material. Furthermore these threads quickly get filled with comments about how great people think the Z10 is and often don't have any of the issues the OP has, but for some reason the OP usually can't except that the majority are in love with the phone.

I'd categorize all these 'bye BB' posts as trolling. Where else is it conceivable that someone feels so compelled to say they are switching. People just switch. Its not the end of the world. Why the need to let people know you are going? Others can find out for themselves if they like the device or not.

So to me all these indecisive and out of place posts are just a product of the internet, and the fact that theres always going to be a percentage of posters who are naysayers, debbie-downers, trolls, people who like to subject others to their misery. I'm just surprised that day after day, same thread after same thread with zero new information gets created and not shut down immediately, or at least funnelled into a useful thread. All phones have issues and/or differences. No phone is for everyone. But obviously Z10 is for a lot of people and as time continues these soap-box switchers will be more and more out of place. As I've read in a lot of the threads people are all out of cookies to give. Maybe its time to just move on and enjoy life while Z10 users continue to enjoy theirs.
    So, do you have your Z10 yet?
    04-22-13 02:42 AM
    So, do you have your Z10 yet?
    Hi. So whats your agenda? lol
    Why did you get one? lolx2

Rello. Definitely agree their are going to be legitimate issues. But its hilarious how many threads get started with subject titles like 'bye Z10' and then its the exact same thread over and over, vague complaints showing the OP has no intention of acutally discussing anything and just wants to argue. This to me shows how little there is to complain about. And now its mostly just the nature of the internet that we are gonna keep hearing it. It shows how much of a success this product is if people are scraping at the bottom of the barrel to try and complain about things. Even for the real minor issues they've pretty much been addressed but people don't know how to use the search function.
    Deathcoffin, Bobcat665 and lsf222 like this.
    04-22-13 03:00 AM
    If I said it a couple weeks ago, you would have said I was a crazy conspiracy theorists.

But now, Samsung got caught using paid bashers on Apple, it is readily conceivable that either Samsung or hedge funds shorting BlackBerry have also been using paid bashers on BlackBerry.

Posted via Z10
    04-22-13 03:09 AM

Rello. Definitely agree their are going to be legitimate issues. But its hilarious how many threads get started with subject titles like 'bye Z10' and then its the exact same thread over and over, vague complaints showing the OP has no intention of acutally discussing anything and just wants to argue. This to me shows how little there is to complain about. And now its mostly just the nature of the internet that we are gonna keep hearing it. It shows how much of a success this product is if people are scraping at the bottom of the barrel to try and complain about things. Even for the real minor issues they've pretty much been addressed but people don't know how to use the search function.
    Definitely. I've said before I don't have my Z10 yet and I can't wait to get one as soon as my local carrier releases it. I dont ming people pointing out the faults of the device and generally being open to discussion but you are right in that there are many threads being started by people that have never posted in these forums before yet talk about how they are returning their Z10.

Considering that I still think a majority of consumers still may not know the Z10 is available or aren't completely educated on it yet...I find it hard to believe that people bought the Z10 and join crackberry just in time to let us know they're returning it. Unlike most though, I can just ignore them threads
    04-22-13 03:29 AM
    As much as I enjoy conspiracy theories, I think it's more value for money to attack ios/android given their market share. I'm more inclined to label the "trollers" people who just gave up on the company, users with incorrect expectations, or individuals like ex staff who just want bb to fail.
    04-22-13 03:56 AM
    I love my Z10, but the battery life sucks. I love everything else about it.
    04-22-13 04:04 AM
    Of course there is Gorilla marketing going on. These are companies who use social media to spread fear, uncertainty and doubt (FUD) about a product. They are hired to do this because it works. These campaigns are very sophisticated and subtle. They are done using what appears to be multiple people reinforcing each other's feelings. Someone posts a "Should I get X or Y?" Then there are posts in the thread saying don't get X because I had one and people laughed at me--fear. Don't get X because it restarted on me while trying to answer an important call from work--doubt. Don't get X because the company is in financial trouble--uncertainty.
    But this is known since..... Let's just say since a long time.
    It was never a conspiracy, that there are paid users on social networks. And the Samsung one is just the newest one, where we got some info.
    I am also pretty sure that it is not illegal.
    I like how you are the voice of reason sometimes^^

Gotta look for info, will link them up soon.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonch...looks-like-it/

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/20/te...line.html?_r=0

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media-tech...g-fake-reviews

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/feeds/writ...h-you-out/4776

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by MarsupilamiX; 04-22-13 at 05:32 AM.
    mikeo007, eddy_berry and richardat like this.
    04-22-13 04:34 AM
    If somebody wants more, the internet offers more

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 04:52 AM
    I love my Z10, but the battery life sucks. I love everything else about it.
    Make sure you shut your wifi off when you leave the house. Leaving your 4G on all day will spend some of the battery as well. This should help with saving a bit of battery.

BlackBerry Z10-Go Leafs Go
    04-22-13 05:24 AM
    This is something that gets me. Most of the "Goodbye BlackBerry" threads don't have any substance. That makes me a little leery about the purpose of the thread.

I've seen a few that make sense, such as a company requiring more than 30 days access to email (which will soon be resolved), and maybe a valid app requirement or two, but most of the "complaints" are either not understanding the new OS, expecting it to act like a different OS (including BBOS), or with no explanation at all.

When I look into a new phone, I do some research, check out what is different about the OS, and check out the device with an open mind. If I don't understand something, I ask questions. On CrackBerry (and all the Mobile Nations websites), I have always found plenty of people willing to help out.

Every platform is different. They work in completely different ways. I don't expect an iPhone to act like a BlackBerry. I don't expect an Android device to act like an iPhone. Why would I expect BlackBerry 10 to act like either of those?

It just amazes me when people don't even try to figure out how to use the Z10. There have even been a couple of these "Goodbye" threads where after opening with a very vague and generic message, they finally list a few things they didn't understand. What gets me is seeing a couple of these with "Thanks for the advice, but I already returned it". Wouldn't it have been better to ask about it in the first place?

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 06:48 AM
    Most people would use sales numbers, quarterly reports, market share etc... Not Hurds ladies and gents, he's found a more accurate way of gauging success, threads on crackberry criticizing the device. Someone tell Peter Misek he's doing it all wrong.
    04-22-13 06:56 AM
    Most people would use sales numbers, quarterly reports, market share etc... Not Hurds ladies and gents, he's found a more accurate way of gauging success, threads on crackberry criticizing the device. Someone tell Peter Misek he's doing it all wrong.
    Thats a problem with this thread, you are right.
    What I just wanted to say, is that these tactics are common, used since a long time, and everybody does it in the industry (maybe except for BBRY. They should start now).

I saw a lot of threads, where people were called crazy, conspiracy theorists and what else.

For all of them, I wanted to give the informations I and others have.
    That it really happens.

That even a country, in this case China, does it.

It is a preemptive measure, that is done, without caring for the success of said product.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 07:09 AM
    There are plenty of threads full of legitimate complaints and while there are some obvious trolls and a lot of vague rants, it is clear that the phone has issues.
    I can't say that it is a success, but then it depends on what you class as a success.

If you think it only had to keep BlackBerry ticking over, then yes it is a success.
    If you thought it was going to regain market share for BlackBerry then I think it needs to step up still

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-22-13 07:49 AM
    There are many kind of people who post.... two are constantly mixed together...

there are out and out trolls... not hard to miss... usually few posts with outrageous claims... we had one on the weekend proclaiming "Skype is NEVER coming to BB10" did not need to read the post to know this was trolling....

The second is what I consider the "immature" poster... usually has only a couple of posts.... very frustrated about something... and takes an all or nothing approach to problem solving... that being...instead of looking into fixing the issue.... they get angry ... throws up their arms ... give up.... and have a uncontrollable urge to share it with us.....

In the first case the mods do a tremendous "weeding" job.... as for the second... if they follow the rules ...it is their right to post... the only good part is they are leaving...in which case we will not see them again.....
    04-22-13 11:09 AM
    Recommend moving this thread to the Z-10 forum.
    04-22-13 11:15 AM
    As much as I enjoy conspiracy theories, I think it's more value for money to attack ios/android given their market share. I'm more inclined to label the "trollers" people who just gave up on the company, users with incorrect expectations, or individuals like ex staff who just want bb to fail.
    Exactly. Finally some sense is shown!

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 11:15 AM
    Recommend moving this thread to the Z-10 forum.
    I recommend just deleting it.
    avt123, JeepBB and richardat like this.
    04-22-13 11:26 AM
    Seriously? This happens on nearly every device forum I've gone to. Say I'm on a forum for the Samsung Galaxy S3. Someone coming from BB or iOS posts to say that their shiny new SGS3 doesn't have this this this or this, or it has some random glitch, and that it's a POS. People jump on and say "I don't have that problem" or "It does have (this feature), you can find it under (place that's not where they were used to it being on their previous device)." Sometimes the OP posts thanks for the help, sometimes the OP posts that they already returned the device.

But my point is that you're on a site for users of a particular device. OF COURSE YOU'RE GOING TO GET POSTERS REPLYING THAT THEY'RE ENJOYING THE DEVICE. What are you expecting?
    04-22-13 01:25 PM

My 'agenda' is that, for someone who is belittling other's opinions, you have no real life experience with the device.
    04-22-13 03:30 PM
    Wow this thread should just close before it even gets started.

The "talking out of ***" limit was already reached in the first post.
    04-22-13 04:40 PM
    Make sure you shut your wifi off when you leave the house. Leaving your 4G on all day will spend some of the battery as well. This should help with saving a bit of battery.

BlackBerry Z10-Go Leafs Go
    Some people can't turn off their 4G. No CDMA only mode here, just LTE/CDMA, Global and UMTS/GSM.

Still like this even on the 10.1 leak.
    04-22-13 04:43 PM
    Seriously? This happens on nearly every device forum I've gone to. Say I'm on a forum for the Samsung Galaxy S3. Someone coming from BB or iOS posts to say that their shiny new SGS3 doesn't have this this this or this, or it has some random glitch, and that it's a POS. People jump on and say "I don't have that problem" or "It does have (this feature), you can find it under (place that's not where they were used to it being on their previous device)." Sometimes the OP posts thanks for the help, sometimes the OP posts that they already returned the device.

But my point is that you're on a site for users of a particular device. OF COURSE YOU'RE GOING TO GET POSTERS REPLYING THAT THEY'RE ENJOYING THE DEVICE. What are you expecting?
    Add to this the fact that most people are not clear writers -- and if they are, leave out details. It is so easy to be mis-understood. What I find amazing is that folks actually do get any real help once a thread starts heading South.

As far as the success of the Z10, who knows. Certainly no one knows if using only what is on CrackBerry as a gauge.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    04-22-13 04:54 PM
    The OP made an excellent point that has been lost in the shuffle: the more successful you are, the more people gonna hate on you, or as Einstein put it, "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds."

Don't sweat the haters. Anybody who has used the Z knows how far ahead it is. Just be confident and let them while in the delusion that the toy phones are really all that. Trust me, BlackBerry will be around much longer than Instagram.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and tstrike34 like this.
    04-22-13 06:31 PM
147 123 ...