I lost my phone when I was out for a walk this morning and tripped with it in my shirt pocket. I didn’t notice it was missing until much later, but when I went back to the same spot where I had stumbled, I couldn’t find it. I tried calling it with my wife’s phone, but didn’t hear it. When I got home I Googled “find BlackBerry phone.” I found a page on how to setup BlackBerry Protect. I wasn’t sure I had actually set it up, but when I went to the BlackBerry Protect web page I was able to log in.

I clicked on view location and got a Bing Maps 3D view of the location where the phone was a few blocks away from where I had lost it. It showed a location clearly at a house on one side of the street but close to the edge of the property. It was a long way from an intersection, so I used Google Maps and Street View and our local GIS mapping system to figure out the exact address. I went to the house shown and rang the doorbell. The woman who answered said they had been home all day. I asked if they had any renters and she said no. She also told me her husband was a cop, so I thought I must at least be dealing with honest people. Later I found my wife talking to the renter I was told they didn’t have. He was saying goodbye to a friend, but he said he hadn’t found a lost phone.

I tried the houses on either side and across the street and left my name and wife’s cell number. We went home and I tried checking the location again. This time the location was shown to be smack in the middle of the house next to the first one I had tired. The woman there had said her husband was out walking the dog, but she was sure he hadn’t been in the area where I lost my phone. To make a long story shorter, I eventually got a call from the dog walker who said he had found the phone, but couldn’t figure out how to turn it on. He said he’d have to call me back (twice), but eventually while we were standing across the street from his house, his wife walked out with the phone.

I use a passcode and made a point of telling people that the phone was locked and was of no use to anyone but myself and that it was only worth $100. I also showed people a printout of the map showing where it was.
    Last edited by BB-JAM215; 07-04-15 at 09:16 AM.
    07-04-15 01:13 AM
    Cool story! Thanks for sharing..

BB, Still the One
    07-04-15 05:45 AM
    Whaou, what a relief...
    Congrats !

Z30 / 10.3.1.2558
    07-04-15 05:55 AM
    Wowsers good story .What city area are you in .\?
    Prem WatsApp likes this.
    07-04-15 07:17 AM
    I live near near Vancouver, Canada (north of Seattle). I do have a spare phone and had just done a full backup with Link, but I really didn't want to have to go to the trouble of setting up a new phone.
    07-04-15 08:12 AM
    Shared on twitter
    07-05-15 11:19 AM
    I live near near Vancouver, Canada (north of Seattle). I do have a spare phone and had just done a full backup with Link, but I really didn't want to have to go to the trouble of setting up a new phone.
    Wowsers good story .What city area are you in .\?
    Yeah, Link backup is a relief, isn't it...?
    :-D

�   Pastaporto aglio e olio... Mmmhhh!   �
    07-05-15 01:03 PM