It's dinner time (6:20), and so the "Find a Restaurant" icon has appeared! How great is that?
    How great is BlackBerry Assistant?!-img_20140821_182014.png

Posted via CB10
    LeeU1911 and brian4591 like this.
    08-21-14 08:22 PM
    I don't have the latest leak installed but based off of the recently released video demonstration, it doesn't sound as natural or respond as quickly as the competition. Then again, it isn't final software so we will have to wait and see.

Can you provide us with some feedback? What's the most complex thing you can have it do? Do you have an Android, iPhone or Windows Phone device to make a proper comparison?
    08-21-14 08:30 PM
    I have had it loaded for just a couple of hours, and FINALLY the thing understands me, doesn't launch the incorrect command, and works pretty well as is.
    08-21-14 08:37 PM
    I'm not a big "voice assisant" user, but I'll see what I can figure out, and no I don't have Google now, Cortana, or Siri, to compare it too, but I'll see what I can do

I just thought it was neat how it's thinking ahead

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 08:41 PM
    I'm not a huge fan of voice assistants, but tinkering around with BlackBerry Assistant has me feeling like a giddy kid.

It so sound too natural compared to Siri, but it finally understands me! I launched specific songs to play, updated my twitter, set an alarm within a few minutes. It looks very promising for official release.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 02:08 AM
    I'm not a huge fan of voice assistants, but tinkering around with BlackBerry Assistant has me feeling like a giddy kid.

It so sound too natural compared to Siri, but it finally understands me! I launched specific songs to play, updated my twitter, set an alarm within a few minutes. It looks very promising for official release.

Posted via CB10

Sounds very promising, I just fired up my Nokia 1520 and updated it to 8.1 to try out Cortana and so far I am impressed with how well she understands me.

As with all the voice assistants I have tried, it's takes a bit for them to get to know your voice, but they will only get better and better as software and technology improve.
    08-22-14 03:26 AM
    SO SO SO disappointed by blackberry assistant. You have to be as the concurrence, online to use the assistant.
    For me blackberry assitant to make a real diff�rence, could be less "frindly" than siri, less "globale" than cortana, but need to be usable offline or in situation with no network and no "sending of our private life on third server".
    I want to cry :'(.
    08-22-14 07:40 AM
    I love it, I'm still testing all it can do

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 09:21 AM
    I like the notion that it's really a "multi-mode search" function. It doesn't REQUIRE voice input (it will take keyboard input as well and remember your most frequent queries). Not every situation allows you to speak to your device gracefully.
    08-22-14 09:26 AM
    It is shockingly really good. I am sure it will be refined over the next year but out of the gate it is very impressive

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 10:05 AM
    I'm from Asia, I love BlackBerry Assistant and siri in my ipad, i want to use this but the problem is that it doesn't recognize my words due to accent problem so its not for us,

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 10:15 AM
    When I try to text one of my friends through the assistant, another name from my contacts keeps coming up.

I do have a heavy accent so I don't really blame Wolfram, but is there a way to record a pattern for a contact as a voice signature so it automatically bring up this contact when the voice pattern is recognized?

I remember this was available when I was using my Bold 9000.

Posted via CB10 with Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3175
    08-22-14 01:06 PM
    When I try to text one of my friends through the assistant, another name from my contacts keeps coming up.

I do have a heavy accent so I don't really blame Wolfram, but is there a way to record a pattern for a contact as a voice signature so it automatically bring up this contact when the voice pattern is recognized?

I remember this was available when I was using my Bold 9000.

What you can try is to set a nickname for that contact. If you edit the contact entry and add a "Name Details" field, one of the options it will give you is a Nickname. Try entering one that will work with your accent.

It's safe to say that this technology will be refined for various accents/dialects, but it may take some time.
    08-22-14 01:13 PM
    BlackBerry Assistant is very useful and it really, really works!

But it isn't' Siri or Cortana..... It voice control that works and can pull from a number of different sources... but you will not be having a conversation with it.
    08-22-14 01:14 PM
    What you can try is to set a nickname for that contact. If you edit the contact entry and add a "Name Details" field, one of the options it will give you is a Nickname. Try entering one that will work with your accent.

It's safe to say that this technology will be refined for various accents/dialects, but it may take some time.
    Tried it, unfortunately it doesn't search for nickname, not even through keyboard.

Thanks for the reply though.

08-22-14 01:56 PM
    still doesn't set up appointments anywhere near efficiently. Setting date, time and subject... and all the entries are mis-spelled and need editing. Still faster to do it by keyboard, as the waiting for confirmation and error correction takes a while.

But the search feature works well.
    08-22-14 02:14 PM
    I used to use the search function in 10.2 because it was easy but it wasn't very efficient. It wasn't "smart" at all. Now, Search is just as useful as the Hub imo, you don't really need to open apps anymore, for many tasks at least. Don't use the voice assisant but the keyboard part is great

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 10:50 PM
    I made a thread in the leak section about my experience and I even made a whole post using my voice. BlackBerry Assistant is amazing but they really need to make it fun by adding dialogues and chats and make her voice slightly more natural

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 10:56 PM

Posted via CB10
    Wow, that would be great!

Currently, no matter what I say "Play XX Song" or "Play Music on Shuffle", etc. It will always just ask if I want to search the internet for them
    08-22-14 11:00 PM
    I'm pretty sure you can. You just have to go into settings and turn off the Internet connection for the assistant. Then you can continue to do basic tasks that don't require Internet.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 11:11 PM
    I'm pretty sure you can. You just have to go into settings and turn off the Internet connection for the assistant. Then you can continue to do basic tasks that don't require Internet.

Posted via CB10
    Nope it says can't connect to voice servers

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 11:15 PM
    still doesn't set up appointments anywhere near efficiently. Setting date, time and subject... and all the entries are mis-spelled and need editing. Still faster to do it by keyboard, as the waiting for confirmation and error correction takes a while.

But the search feature works well.
    What is your language? I have had some famous misunderstandings with 10.2.1 voice assistant, but I used 10.2.01.3175 for the last few weeks to schedule dr and physiotherapy appointments. Bang on every time.

"Schedule a physiotherapy appointment for tuesday at 6pm". "Schedule an appointment for 1:10 (said as 'one ten') on Monday with Dr. Sidhu" (First time getting sidhu name correct since 6 months ago when I last tried).
    08-23-14 01:55 AM
    How's the implementation with android apps btw? Will reading the address out loud finally work on Google maps?

Posted via my STA100-5 z30
    08-23-14 09:11 AM
    How's the implementation with android apps btw? Will reading the address out loud finally work on Google maps?

Posted via my STA100-5 z30
    Idk but I know that it works with amazon app store

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 09:14 AM