Just curious. I have a TomTom in my other car, and it has to be on the dash in the window. If I have it in my lap or the passengers lap, it doesn't work nearly as well. So I'm just curious how the keychain ones work, since they're practically under the dash when hanging from your keys? Also how is battery life? Seems like a pain to have to plug it in while on your keychain, so just debating on that versus a normal puck.
    03-16-08 11:11 AM
    Actually, my TT works well from inside my upstairs den on my desk and it worked quite well for two weeks from the back of a car. Although the car had a sunroof, the rocketbox with 9 pairs of skis was up there, too.

My Freedom 2000 appears to also get signals from my upstairs den and when placed on the passenger seat of my car. It also worked from the back of the car mentioned above.

I actually have it lanyarded to my BB8830. I agree that charging all of these bluetooth devices is somewhat awkward and I do wish that they would come up with a standard for charging. Yesterday I tried charging S9 Moto headphones with the BB wall wart and it would not work. Another immediately available wart did work.
    03-16-08 01:59 PM
    I have a globalsat bt-338 that works great anywhere in the car, but it isn't a keychain fob. I originally purchased it to go with my Dell Axim, which has gone by the wayside...anyway, it came with a single charger that would power both the Dell and the fob. The Dell portion is swappable, unfortunately I havent been able to determine who the mfg is to look for a BB tip.
    03-17-08 06:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD