I will be getting the bold 9700 and i wanted to know how good is it in viewing and editing word documents and power points slideshows.
    Thanks
    02-20-10 04:31 AM
    Docs-to-go's limited version comes with the BB. Frankly, doing a lot of cutting/pasting can be, well, interesting on the small keyboard and screen. I upgraded to the paid version so I don't recall what differences there might be other than creating NEW documents and there is a workaround for that - create a blank on your computer as a template, copy it to the BB, edit and save-as-new-name.
    02-20-10 09:17 AM
    I don't remember if PPT-To-Go comes with the free version of DocsToGo or not, but it is a part of D2G. The paid version comes with PDF-To-Go as well.

I haven't used PPT for more the displaying presentations, so I don't know how much editing power it has (and you will be able to use it with the new bluetooth presenter), but Word-To-Go works pretty well for editing.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-20-10 09:27 AM
    The base version that comes stock with the 9700 works for little tweaks. If you need a program where you are going to literally write documents and create presentations, buy the full version of Documents-To-Go.
    02-20-10 09:28 AM
    If you're sticking with BB get the Docs2Go pro version when they are on sale. If you register your regular version, you're eligible for their upgrade price. I got mine for 19.99 or 14.99.

I like it. You can create a simple ppt file as well.

I do like Word on Windows Mobile better, and their miniOffice suite. But that is a preference. DataViz has a very good product out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-10 11:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD