Hey!

Quick question.....I'm making my way from iPhone 4 to the BB 9700 (Had the 9780 but sold it for the 9700)

When attaching email accounts to the iPhone, it automatically syncs your emails in the app. I can go back 6 months or more and find messages. However, on the 9700, it only starts displaying new mail without the ability to search messages months back. Thus, I can't look at past mail on my BB.

Am I missing something?
    01-22-11 04:45 PM
    Nope. You aren't missing anything.

Email on a BIS only pushes email going forward from the day you add the email to the device. It doesn't "load" past emails.
    NeverBePeace likes this.
    01-22-11 04:49 PM
    Hey!

Quick question.....I'm making my way from iPhone 4 to the BB 9700 (Had the 9780 but sold it for the 9700)

When attaching email accounts to the iPhone, it automatically syncs your emails in the app. I can go back 6 months or more and find messages. However, on the 9700, it only starts displaying new mail without the ability to search messages months back. Thus, I can't look at past mail on my BB.

Am I missing something?
    I am only presuming that since you asked the question in the title How to get gmail on to the 9700 you wanted to know how to set it up which it seems you already did and from that point on you are only going to get new email from your BB BIS acct.(Personal email). You can however save any emails you want to the saved messages folder for future reference as I have done by date and have them from 2 years ago that I need to keep certain ones be it businss or personal.

I hope this helps and what you were gettting at.
    NeverBePeace likes this.
    01-22-11 04:51 PM
    Hey!

Am I missing something?
    There's a gmail app you might be able to use for that on your gmail account. What you describe is a limitation of BIS in that you cannot view your archives from your email accounts or browse folders on your email accounts. BIS only delivers/shows you new pushed mail. No workaround for it until RIM decides to fix it to allow that functionality for all email accounts.

BTW I can browse any folders in any accounts I have on my Android too. RIM needs to figure out how to add that functionality to BIS.
    Last edited by the_sandman_454; 01-22-11 at 04:55 PM.
    NeverBePeace likes this.
    01-22-11 04:52 PM
    Nope. You aren't missing anything.

Email on a BIS only pushes email going forward from the day you add the email to the device. It doesn't "load" past emails.
    Once again I am a dollar short and a day well few secs late as MM got me again. I am going to have to learn how to keep my answers short to beat her to the punch.

She is correct though just as I also stated.
    01-22-11 04:54 PM
    Thanks for the replies......appreciate it.
    01-22-11 05:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD