I have a BB Curve 8320 and I was wanting to get the Internet working on it through my home wifi. Recently my phone got shut off and I live off of getting my e-mails on my phone. So i set up my phone for wifi and get the signal but the Internet wont work on the phone, it still shows "edge" in lowercase letters as well. I feel that I'm doing everything right but nothing seems to be working, also when i connect to the wifi i lose signal on my laptop because of it. If anyone can help with instructions i would really appreciate it, btw my provider is T-mobile if that helps.
    10-23-09 11:52 PM
    Well T-mobile requires that you have a data package for your curve now thats why it say "edge" you can only use WIFI for making internet calls (not sure how) but thats what T-mobile tech support told me . you can use your curve as a modem as I am doing right now - by using a usb cable and the desktop DM - if you would like me to tell you how to hook it up just ask its just a matter of creating a dial-up connection with the right settings , I can email them to you if you want .

"Keep on Truckin"
    10-24-09 12:49 AM
    'edge' is nothing to do with wifi.

Make sure your wifi radio is on and that you are connected to your wireless router. For internet browsing, you need to set up your "wifi browser" as your default browser.

Go to "option->advanced->browser.
    Change the default browser to "wifi" instead of WAP.

With wifi browser, you can login to yahoo, hotmail, or gmail to check your email or visit any website. There's an email app, logicmail. that would access your gmail account.
    10-24-09 02:09 AM
    are you talking about the Blackberry browser ? because with T-mobile there is no option to switch from WAP to WIFI within the options/advanced/browser

I think you should do a little research before you try to rip into someones post dude , not cool at all
    10-24-09 03:10 AM
    I got my wifi working on my BB finally, now i need to figure out how to configure logicmail, thanks for the help guys.
    10-24-09 03:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD