I loved the post on how to clean my trackball but, it doesn't say anything about how to get it back together again. What goes in which order? I've been messing with this for an hour and I'm about to go buy a new BB because for the life of me, I can't get it back together. I placed the rollers in the plastic fitting. I took the second plastic fitting and placed it over the first with the rollers. Now, the metal thing doesn't fit around both to secure them together. I feel like smashing it to bits. The pics in the how to post don't show anything about how to get it back together. Anyone? If not, I'll go get a new BB. Just can't take it anymore.

Thanks...
    12-13-08 05:04 PM
    Try this thread. It may apply to your curve anyway.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...rl-8100-a.html
    12-13-08 07:31 PM
    Try this thread. It may apply to your curve anyway.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...rl-8100-a.html
    Thank you so much. Unfortunately, again, there are no instructions about putting the assembly back together. It only says, assemble the trackball.

Thanks anyway. I wish I'd paid closer attention when I took it apart.
    12-13-08 11:11 PM
    If you can't get it back together, you can always take it to a mom and pop type independant cell phone shop and just buy a new trackball assembly from them and have them install it. Here in NYC, there are plenty of these type of places that change out trackballs, keypads, or even entire cases.

No need to buy a whole new blackberry just because of that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-08 11:17 PM
    This link has instructions on putting the trackball assembly back together. Hope this helps and good luck

Trackball Cleaning and Disassembly w/ PICTURES - PinStack.com Forums

12-13-08 11:40 PM
    12-14-08 12:01 AM
    Unfortunately, all the of the instructions I've found on the Internet miss the one thing I'm having problems with. Which way does the last plastic fitting go on. I've tried every which way I can, but I can't get the metal ring to snap into place because the parts of it that are supposed to snap over the plastic fitting aren't long enough.

I guess I'll have to do without my phone until I can get a replacement trackball assembly. I wish I'd never taken it apart. I saw somewhere that I could have just taken the whole thing and soaked it without taking it apart.

What a blunder...
    12-14-08 11:58 AM
    Look closely at the little lugs which retain the ring, they might be broken and not long enough.
    12-14-08 12:21 PM
    So I just got it back together and I still have the same problem. It won't scroll to the left. What a colossal waste of time. It's spotlessly clean and it still won't scroll.

Well worth the $10 or so to get a new one...

Thanks for everyone's help.
    12-14-08 12:48 PM
    Look closely at the little lugs which retain the ring, they might be broken and not long enough.
    I checked that carefully and they look fine. I did just get it back together again and it still won't scroll to the left. So, time for a new one.
    12-14-08 12:51 PM
    im having th same problem! i cant get the white thing back on! how didu get it back on???
    01-14-09 06:05 PM
    how do u get the back white thing back on???
    01-14-09 06:07 PM
    I am having the same problem!!!
    04-07-09 11:41 PM
    The last white piece goes on as follows:

Make sure the 4 metal tabs have not been bent, gently straighten them till they are pointing straight up or even angled in slightly. Orient the trackball assembly (upside down) with the sides with the 2 small tabs pointing to the right and left. The last white plastic piece goes on with the spoon-shaped metal contact pointing down, and furthermore, one side of the "spoon" has a small dimple. Make sure the hollow-side, or concave side faces the trackball. The metal tabs should snap over the tiny tabs in the plastic piece and hold everything together. I use a small jeweler's screwdriver to press on the metal tabs to get them to engage.

04-08-09 12:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD