my phone only uses wifi. why pay for internet when i can use it at my house?
    but anyways.. i can get onto blackberry app world and what not, but when i go to download ANY app, it says that i need data. i can use blackberry messenger though? which is considered data.
    i can't use the browser if i'm not on a wifi connection ? soooo ..
    howwww do i download any apps WITHOUT having to pay for a $25 data package...
    01-28-10 12:38 PM
    there are bbm and email plans... which give u access to those only... then there are general data plans which allow everything... so i'd check with your provider and figure out what you are paying for exactly... some people will get the bbm and email plan for 15 bucks and save the ten bucks by using wifi
    01-28-10 12:55 PM
    Unfortunately, I don't see anyway around this. Get the data plan...you will get more usage out of your phone. Most BB apps won't work on WiFi...there are third party apps you can download to get around this, but if you are looking to download apps, specifically from BB AppWorld, then you need to get the data plan. You can also use the DM to download some free apps onto your BB. Good Luck!
    01-28-10 11:34 PM
    most apps require a full BIS data connection to work properly. and yea, it sounds like you are connected to just an email/BBM plan only.
    01-29-10 03:23 AM
    my phone only uses wifi. why pay for internet when i can use it at my house?
    So you don't have issues like this. Seriously though, if you want to download apps and get the full use out of your Blackberry then you need the full data plan.
    01-29-10 10:56 AM
    you can use the desktop manager and install the apps using alx file.
    01-29-10 07:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD