While installing the new Facebook app last night it would not go. Keep getting the java.lang error. Anyway while I was researching on here and on the Blackberry knowledge base to find what it meant I found somewhere on Blackberry that it was associated with lack of memory. Well just for grins I deleted the old Bolt browser that I never used anyway and reinstalled Facebook and it installed and worked no problem. apparently i was in a border line memory situation. That leads me to my question. Since apps will only install to device memory how or where can I look to see how much device memory this thing has and how much is free so I know if I need to get rid of some more stuff. Some of those apps and games rim gave away last year are fairly large like 2-3Mb
    04-12-12 09:05 AM
    looking under device storage it says i have over 200Mb left. One would think that would be more than good enough
    04-12-12 09:20 AM
    Go to options/device/storage...
    04-12-12 09:20 AM
    Device storage and application storage are 2 different things. Application storage is what you need to pay attention to. You can check your app store under Options> Device> Storage. It should tell you how much Application Storage free space that you have.
    04-12-12 09:31 AM
    It says I got 218Mb of application storage free. I wonder why I was having a problem last night with Facebook? Maybe it wasn't a memory issue after all. All I can say is that after I deleted the old Bolt browser Facebook went right on with no problem. I guess we"ll never know the real answer Anyway 218Mb should do me good for quite a while
    04-12-12 09:47 AM
    There is also a difference between memory and storage.

Options > Device > Application Management

From there you can scroll through how much memory you have available on the phone if you scroll to the side. BlackBerry phones pretty much all have memory leak/memory issues, so you should do a battery pull once in a while.

If you still have over 200mb's available in your application storage, the error has nothing to do with that.
    04-12-12 12:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD