Hi.....is there a way to get my contacts out of my DM without having a BB? I used to have a BB Curve but had to give it up. My office switched everyone to iPhones. Long story short - I lost all of my contacts. Fortunately, before I gave up my BB I did a backup on DM.

How can I get to my contacts without actually having a BB to plug into DM? Please help! I have both business and personal contacts in there that I reallyl don't want to lose!
    10-23-09 02:40 PM
    You can't really. Unless those contacts were saved on your sim card, or a 3rd party app like Google Sync.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-09 02:48 PM
    Hi.....is there a way to get my contacts out of my DM without having a BB? I used to have a BB Curve but had to give it up. My office switched everyone to iPhones. Long story short - I lost all of my contacts. Fortunately, before I gave up my BB I did a backup on DM.

How can I get to my contacts without actually having a BB to plug into DM? Please help! I have both business and personal contacts in there that I reallyl don't want to lose!
    It would be really, really good if you could find an old BB or someone you know
    with a BB who would let you restore your backup on that phone. Then from
    there send those contacts to Google sync, or Yahoo account, and sync the
    contacts from there to your iPhone. Then the person that lent you the BB can
    just restore their backup on their phone again.
    10-23-09 02:48 PM
    Thanks forever 29...I was wondering if that's what I would have to do. Thanks for the response.
    10-23-09 02:52 PM
    Check out ABC Amber - I don't recall the apps full name - but it is a desktop app that can read the IPD file which DM makes when it backs up the BB.
    10-24-09 09:53 AM
    Are you sure the contacts are not in OutLook

10-24-09 10:17 AM
    Try Notepad. I was able to open the .ipd file with that and could see my contacts at the bottom of the file.
    10-24-09 10:24 AM
    Well alright

10-26-09 12:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD