Hello fellow CrackBerry addicts. I was just curious if its possible to edit contacts & their information on a desktop? I have several hundred contacts and some of them are repeats. In addition, I would like to edit their number fields. For example, I have my brother's mobile number in the work number slot b/c the BB defaultly puts numbers in the work slot. Is there perhaps a 3rd party desktop application that will allow me to make these changes? Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-10 02:34 PM
    You can sync your BB with Outlook using Desktop Manager. Then use Outlook for editing the data.

Amber "something or other" makes a program that can edit or work with the Desktop Manager's backup files. That could work, too.
    08-21-10 03:12 PM
    Here is a tool I just started to make use of:

Code:
    www dot softpedia.com/get/Office-tools/Other-Office-Tools/ABC-Amber-BlackBerry-Editor.shtml
    All of the author's apps are detailed here:

Code:
    www dot softpedia.com/developer/ProcessText-Group-176.html
    The have several blackberry-specific apps.

The tool seems to be robust enough.

Conversely, if you make use of google mobile app, you can install googlesync, and gain some editing functionality via the Google Web UI...

-t

(sorry for the lame urls - I have too few posts herein to enable posting proper links...)
    08-21-10 03:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD