11-18-09 09:46 PM
- I've only done OTA installs since I've had my blackberry, but a lot of stuff I want only has zips! How do you do this? Do you just unzip it to a folder then deal with the application thing on desktop manager
I could probably figure it out but I don't want to screw anything up....
If someone could give me a how to- I'd be very excited! Thanks.10-03-08 09:12 AM
- I created a folder called My Documents / My Downloads. I download the zip or exe file to there, then unzip it and let it create its directory structure there. That makes it easy to navigate to the right directory with the App Loader. You won't screw anything up, as long as you can do that.10-04-08 11:13 PM
- 10-07-08 01:31 PM
- Reed McLayRetired ModeratorUnzipping a file is simple with Windows. Right click on the package and select Extract all.
There is a complication. In addition to BlackBerry Desktop Manager, you will also need to download and install a copy of your carriers current OS package.
BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites10-07-08 02:14 PM
- 11-03-08 09:02 PM
- So, would you consider this a useless app?
http://crackberry.com/introducing-zi...our-blackberry11-04-08 07:42 AM
- ok I am getting the same message and I have downloaded the 4.5 OS to my BBP8100. It is not the official download sine TMobile hasn't released it yet, it is the Vodaphone East Asia one that I got from here. Everything download perfectly and is working beautifully, so what am I doing wrong??11-04-08 09:59 AM
- ok I am getting the same message and I have downloaded the 4.5 OS to my BBP8100. It is not the official download sine TMobile hasn't released it yet, it is the Vodaphone East Asia one that I got from here. Everything download perfectly and is working beautifully, so what am I doing wrong??11-04-08 10:11 AM
- The files you are downloading...are you sure they are for your specific device model and OS? It should be as easy as download it to where you want. Then right-click and extract all. Then hook the berry to the computer and start desktop manager. Run app loader and browse for files. Ive never had an issue and I dont have the OS installed on my machine either.
Sorry dont wanna seem like im steppin on ya Jeff.
Last edited by rlp32; 11-04-08 at 10:16 AM.11-04-08 10:13 AM
- 11-04-08 10:18 AM
Forgive me, I'm a newbie crackberry head11-04-08 10:20 AM
- This problem has been solved with the help of rlp32 these are the instructions given to me and it worked like a charm.
Ok, this should be working for you. But lets try this. Download the sive file again and save it to your desktop. Then right click on it and select extract all...its going to ask you where to extract it to. Extract it to your desktop. Plug in the blackberry and start desktop manager (run as admin if using vista) and go to application loader...browse for the file on the desktop and see what that does. Oh...one more thing. The 4.5 you have..is it an official release? If not go to my computer/program files/common files/app loader and delete the vendor.xml file.
Thank you so much, I really appreciate it.11-04-08 02:04 PM
- I Need Help!! I downloaded a theme zip file directly do my BB, and now I can't find it on my phone??? I think it was supposed to be on my SD Card, but I just can't find it! Anyone have an idea of where it might be/how I (an inexperienced BB user) might be able to find it?11-18-09 09:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD