AppLoader won't work...I'm trying to downgrade from OS6 to OS5 because I forgot to delete files (I'm on Tmobile).

Help!!!
    11-22-10 06:20 PM
    Apploader should work. Did you uninstall OS6 from your computer?
    11-22-10 06:24 PM
    Yeah I uninstalled OS6...it when I use Apploader I get to the last step and it says "No actions are required"
    11-22-10 06:26 PM
    Do you have the OS you want to load installed on your PC. If not you have to do
    so before you can proceed.
    11-22-10 06:46 PM
    Yes I do I have OS5 Downloaded...then I'm going into Program Files, Common Files, Research in Motion, Apploader and clicking Loader.exe or whatever the file is.
    11-22-10 06:53 PM
    What I have found easier for downgrading an OS is first back up everything.
    Use BBSAK to wipe the phone clean then using apploader.exe to install the wanted OS
    11-22-10 06:58 PM
    Quick question about that...would my BBM contacts get deleted?

If so would i have to readd them?
    11-22-10 07:08 PM
    yes it would get deleted.. Depending on the BBM version you are using there might be a BBM contacts back up option. But I might be wrong.. I can't remember if BBM contacts are backed up with the rest of the phones info
    11-22-10 07:14 PM
    Yes I do I have OS5 Downloaded...then I'm going into Program Files, Common Files, Research in Motion, Apploader and clicking Loader.exe or whatever the file is.
    Not to put too fine a point on this but downloaded is not enough, It has to
    be installed also. You probably know this but I didn't want to leave that out.
    11-22-10 07:21 PM
    No, I appreciate the help, but yes. I have downloaded and installed the desire OS. I have uninstalled all undesired OS.

I tried BBSAK, but it says device cannot be read...when I'm clearly connected...
    11-22-10 07:25 PM
    If BBSAK doesn't work. What version of windows are you using? You can try to use JL_cmdr. Try this I find more success with jl_cmdr.Crackberry jl_cmdr thread/
    11-22-10 07:38 PM
    Try rebooting both the PC and the phone (battery pull) and start over.
    11-22-10 07:39 PM
    I had same issue. I used control panel uninstall programs to remove all BB files(OS and DM), rebooted computer, reinstalled DM and desired OS. I guess somehow the BB files were corrupted.
    11-22-10 08:04 PM
    BBSAK might find your phone if you use the "kill process" button and then "connect"" button again after that.
    11-22-10 08:56 PM
    Is the OS you are trying to DL for your provider? If not don't forget to delete the vendor file
    11-23-10 04:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD