I wish the explanation was as simple as that buddy.

Woke up yesterday, device was fine (in airplane mode), had shower, came back to find it wiping itself. lol.

Three devices in a row have had this issue....I don't think it's the device sadly.
    Can you set it up again but with absolutely no external apps? Use it as a basic BB for a while?
    02-20-15 11:51 AM
    Perhaps you have a split personally. You could leave a note to yourself with your password, so your other self doesn't keep wiping the device. Maybe you can check to see if you have any other names here on Crackberry that you've been posting from.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 11:56 AM
    Or you're messing with us.
    02-20-15 11:57 AM
    Really what? He has stated he has different devices in different threads and look at his post count.
    If you read all the posts you'll find that he said classic

CB10 - Q10
    02-20-15 11:59 AM
    Could you just turn off password protection and see what happens.

Try this it may help.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/46866891

Posted via CB10
    mrfreeze likes this.
    02-20-15 12:06 PM
    I will start by turning the phone off at night and then turning it on after 8.30am (always happens before 8.30am).

If that fails I will take whatsapp off (reluctant to do so as I receive important messages through there, even though its hacked).

For clarification I am using a BB Classic.

For some humour, I have uploaded a screenshot of what this guy sends to some of my contacts through MY whatsapp messenger. If anybody has any idea how he does that, I would be most pleased!

How does this hacker keep wiping my BB? [Sleep Typing possibility]-img-20141029-wa0008.jpg

Can you set it up again but with absolutely no external apps? Use it as a basic BB for a while?
    02-20-15 12:12 PM
    When the device is activated on the BES, a policy applies that requires a device lock password and the device will wipe itself on 5 unsuccessful p/w attempts. I remember not activating it and setting the lock manually, in which case I get 10 unsuccessful attempts.
    Is it possible your problem is due to the fact that you apparently bypassed the password policy set by BES?
    02-20-15 12:13 PM
    when on a BES you can have your device remotely wiped without your consent this is not hacking it is the control your IT gets over your device, make sure your not on bad terms with them and try to see who's doing it.
    02-20-15 12:13 PM
    Don't activate BES on this device if possible. Check again after 24-48 hours. Get a loaner if need be, but leave it stock for a bit to see if it happens again/
    02-20-15 12:14 PM
    Thanks for all your suggestions guys, much appreciated.

If I don't activate the device on BES, and leave it without a password lock, the device is fine and does not wipe itself.

Hence I believe it is to do with the wipe trigger / incorrect passwords.
    matspeter likes this.
    02-20-15 12:16 PM

For some humour, I have uploaded a screenshot of what this guy sends to some of my contacts through MY whatsapp messenger. If anybody has any idea how he does that, I would be most pleased!
    wow

This is new... and scary :|

Maybe the whatsapp developer wa_dkonigsberg on CB can chime in and shed more light on this.

Btw, OP mentioned it has been happening on his Classic, 9720 and Z10.

Edit: Has anyone watched Vacancy?
    02-20-15 12:17 PM
    I contacted whatsapp support, they refused to believe me as it is not possible to activate whatsapp on more than one device supposedly.

I believe the same guy is wiping my device, somehow.

wow

This is new... and scary :|

Maybe the whatsapp developer wa_dkonigsberg on CB can chime in and shed more light on this.

Btw, OP mentioned it has been happening on his Classic, 9720 and Z10.
    Concession likes this.
    02-20-15 12:20 PM
    Since WhatsApp is tied to a phone number, I wonder if a previous owner of your number now has access to your WhatsApp account via the web version of WhatsApp?
    02-20-15 12:26 PM
    *Drawing on Occam''s Razor:*The simplest explanation for some phenomenon is more likely to be accurate than more complicated explanations, to wit, your colleagues in IT are likely effing with your head and have swapped out your device with a dummy device.*
    02-20-15 12:26 PM
    I don't get it.... those are your received messages not sent messages in Whatsapp...

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 12:27 PM
    I contacted whatsapp support, they refused to believe me as it is not possible to activate whatsapp on more than one device supposedly.

I believe the same guy is wiping my device, somehow.
    Since you have multiple devices, erase WhatsApp from the Classic, while leaving it on the Z10. See if he/she can still wipe the Classic. That will test your WhatsApp connection.
    02-20-15 12:28 PM
    Go to another message app and say goodbye to WhatsApp.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    02-20-15 12:32 PM
    Good shout, I will try this.

Andrew - the only way I can see the message that this person sends via my whatsapp, is if they screenshot it and send me it back. The screenshot I uploaded, was what one of my contacts sent me. I have many screenshots from different contacts all with similar messages "im watching you", "im going to brick your house" bla bla bla....

Since you have multiple devices, erase WhatsApp from the Classic, while leaving it on the Z10. See if he/she can still wipe the Classic. That will test your WhatsApp connection.
    02-20-15 12:32 PM
    Sounds like they just have access to your whatsapp account.

Edit: Or then again you do it in your sleep.

Posted via CB10
    Hmmm....a curious case of sleep wiping, this is actually plausible....
    02-20-15 12:44 PM
    To rule out any sleep-wiping possibilities, you might want to give your fully BES activated device to a friend that will hold it for you overnight... in a different house.

Who knows, maybe you're too nice during waking hours and all your repressed rage is being let out by your sleep-walking alter-ego.

Posted via CB10
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    02-20-15 12:59 PM
    Hi AnimalPak,

The device is always charged via wall socket, I have never once connected it to any PC (as I have no need to).

Thanks,
    You have Gremlins!

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 01:09 PM
    I would try setting up a password and whatsapp without the BES activation
    IF nothing happens, it tells you someone is ******* with you on BES, but that still doesn't explain the whatsapp
    I fail to see how whatsapp has the permission to do all this. If it is truly possible, BB has a bigger loophole that we all should be worried about
    02-20-15 01:10 PM
    Hello,

I have the new classic, whenever I activate it on our BES server, usually a day or two later the device wipes itself. It is not the BES as I am on the same policy as every other user, and it isn't the device as this happened on a 9720 and a z10.

When the device is not activated on the BES, the problem does not occur. I believe I am being maliciously targeted.

When the device is activated on the BES, a policy applies that requires a device lock password and the device will wipe itself on 5 unsuccessful p/w attempts. I remember not activating it and setting the lock manually, in which case I get 10 unsuccessful attempts. When I returned to my phone one day (it was on charge) it said 6/10 attempts had been tried, wtf??

My question is, can somebody remotely enter my password and wipe the device with unsuccessful attempts? I live alone, so there is nobody else that can interact with the device. I even put the device in airplane mode when it was connected to the BES, yet I still woke up to it wiping itself.

Help!
    Your IT guys might be messing with you, or someone in the office has gotten access to the server... but I don't know of a procedure in BES where you would enter the device password to try and remotely unlock it (not that I know much about BES). Just get rid of WhatsApp for awhile, and then if possible disconnect from BES - can you still get your emails without it, and don't let your phone out of your sight. And see if the problem goes away

Might want to see if you inadvertently made someone in IT mad at you... try buying them lunch.
    02-20-15 02:18 PM
    Try turning off the Blend option in your settings. If someone guessed your bbid password it could explain the device being wiped as they still would not have your device password. Though does not explain it happening in airplane mode, that would require physical access to your device and no other way is plausible.

Apps do not have the ability to enter your password, it is a secure system. This is also why NFC will not work when your phone is locked with a password (You need to unlock physically first)

Other possibilities: if device is in a case it could be randomly pressing areas of the screen or keys

Try a different charger, have see bad chargers randomly enter characters

As for the What's app issue that would be totally unrelated.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 02:39 PM
    Your IT guys might be messing with you, or someone in the office has gotten access to the server... but I don't know of a procedure in BES where you would enter the device password to try and remotely unlock it (not that I know much about BES). Just get rid of WhatsApp for awhile, and then if possible disconnect from BES - can you still get your emails without it, and don't let your phone out of your sight. And see if the problem goes away

Might want to see if you inadvertently made someone in IT mad at you... try buying them lunch.
    I suggested this earlier. OP is the IT.
    02-20-15 02:59 PM
176 1234 ...