how does deleting email and text messages save battery life and does having a lot of texts or e-mails on the phone affect performance at all?
    03-08-10 10:05 AM
    I had to edit the thread title, please remember to ....(from our Forum Posting Rules)......

Use a Descriptive Title

This rule is simple; help us to help you. When you create your thread / post, think of it as if 'someone else' is reading it. With that in mind, make your subject lines related to the content of your post. Having a subject line of 'help' or 'now what', will not really help others later when they do a search for a particular issue. So, try to be a little more creative. Example: “My Pearl will not show myFaves icons” or “How do I use BB Maps on my 8100”
    03-08-10 10:16 AM
    I had to edit the thread title, please remember to ....(from our Forum Posting Rules)......
    thanks.....
    03-08-10 10:20 AM
    Mostly it will be performance, the berry can get bogged down and operate more slowly if you have too many emails, HOWEVER the BB you have does have a good amount of process memory (the BB's equivalent of RAM) so it is not as much of an issue as it was with older BBs.
    03-08-10 10:23 AM
    yeah it is a performance issue. When you are limited in RAM, it will try and shuffle programs around in memory to make more fit. All of that takes processor power which is wasted battery.

Newer BB don't have this issue as much as older ones. I had a pearl, that when it was low on RAM it would only hold a charge for about 4 hours. When it had plenty of memory, it would go for 8-14 depending on usage.
    03-08-10 10:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD