I do this all the time at work...I look down at my berry and sigh disgustingly...say "aw crap" and start to type a reply to an old text or something in my inbox. Works everytime, no one wants to have "small talk" with me over what Im "aw crap"-ing about! LOL
    06-03-08 11:42 PM
    Everyone knows I have vibrate on 24.7 and I'll just mess around and looked shocked at a vibration and act like I just answered a phone call.

Works like a charm. Ask cutdacheck if he doesn't notice me doing it to him... Lol.
    06-03-08 11:47 PM
    Oh yes, I have done the "crap" thing many times

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-08 05:30 AM
    i used to do this on bad dates:
    i would play a ringtone really quick, then stop it and pretend to talk to "a family member"
    then i would get up and apologize or whatever

except one time when i tried it....
    i was on my "phone call" and someone texted me...
    so i had a ringtone going off in my ear
    he immediately knew it was fake
    :/
    06-04-08 05:55 AM
    Who needs to use their Berry? Just don't take a shower for a week or two, and people will avoid you!
    06-04-08 06:05 AM
    Who needs to use their Berry? Just don't take a shower for a week or two, and people will avoid you!

LOL

but most people don't wanna do that for their own sakes.
    haha
    06-04-08 06:12 AM
    Talk about some antisocial peoples... Next time you question why society is falling apart, just think about some of these practices, lol.

Damn... I am born and raised between NJ and NY, and even I am not this antisocial.
    06-04-08 06:47 AM
    Everyone knows I have vibrate on 24.7 and I'll just mess around and looked shocked at a vibration and act like I just answered a phone call.

Works like a charm. Ask cutdacheck if he doesn't notice me doing it to him... Lol.
    Thats funny I do the same thing to you remember I ran past you with my berry in hand as if my car was on fire? LOL
    06-04-08 06:52 AM
    Touch my bluetooth headset start talking, now people walk up to me and ask "are you on phone?", I shake my head yes they walk away
    06-04-08 07:27 AM
    I bet they will.

06-04-08 08:52 AM
    Well, the persistent ones usually don't care that I haven't looked up at them from my BB!
    I just carry on... I know it may seem rude...but isn't it rude to interrupt someone when they are obviously engrossed in something else?
    06-04-08 08:57 AM
    This is funny because people usually sense when I want to be left alone. But in the last 5 minutes, here at the bus stop, I have been asked for the time once, asked for directions twice, and small-talked once, by three different people -- all while standing aloof, surfing on my BB! This has never happened to me at this bus stop. Very strange!

06-04-08 09:01 AM
    That's too funny. I need to try some of those tricks.

06-04-08 09:25 AM
    I usually just tell people hey I am not in the mood to talk to you. If its a stranger I just ignore them.
    06-04-08 09:28 AM
    I continually check it like I am expecting something very important. Everyone who knows me knows that email is life and the only way to get me to respond immediately.

06-04-08 09:39 AM
    i used to do this on bad dates:
    i would play a ringtone really quick, then stop it and pretend to talk to "a family member"
    then i would get up and apologize or whatever

Classic.... I hate when that happens... Umm... Both ways...
    06-04-08 10:29 AM
    I set calander alarms to ring about every 10 min if I'm going somewhere I don't want to be. I use ringtones then just "answer the phone".

06-04-08 10:59 AM
    I must be in the minority, but I go out of my way to make small talk because I know others hate it.
    I just won't talk to you, politely ask that you not bother me, or if you make yourself too much of a nuisance, tell you to shut the **** up in various fashions

No, just pretend to check for a text message. 'hey, hold on a sec. <check screen> oh, nothing, i just got a text and was checking it. so yeah...'

I don't ever use my BB to avoid people. If I don't want to be or can't be bothered, I just say so.
    Exactly. People think I'm rude, but since I don't like very many people this is acceptable So yeah, I don't use my phone to avoid people.
    06-04-08 11:10 AM
    When I see someone comming and I don't wanna be bothered I just put the phone to my ear and start talking to myself. But I know one day the phone is gonna ring and I'm gonna look like such an *****. lmao.
    06-04-08 11:13 AM
    I don't usually use it to avoid people, but I find when I'm in an elevator with a coworker I barely know, I can just take it out of my purse and type a little message to someone, or pretend to, so I don't have to make small talk. It looks like "work stuff" so they won't make small talk either.

Works like a charm.
    Your shy huh?
    06-04-08 12:13 PM
    Yes, you can also call your voicmail so the phone doesn't ring. I do that to the people who still talk to me when my sent myself an email trick doesn't work

06-04-08 01:20 PM
    I also pretend to fiddle around with it or call someone.

06-04-08 01:32 PM
    I use my BB as MP3 player at lot so I pretend to not hear them or I pretend to be on a call with my BB headset.

06-04-08 03:13 PM
    Also a great idea

06-04-08 03:49 PM
    Hey I did the email thing again tonight. Worked like magic!

06-05-08 01:18 AM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD