View Poll Results: Press your Ball? or Not at all?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Press trackball

27 77.14%
  • Use Carriage Return / Enter Key

8 22.86%
  • Other option?

0 0%
    What I dreaded the most, is having to change my Trackball in the future. With this fear, I have formed a habit to never press my ball down to command my device to get that link, to select an icon, to run an app or do anything that we command our device to do. I use the "carriage return" key or Enter Key instead, to deliver the command I want my device to do.

So who is among the "Fearball" when it comes to the Trackball? Press your ball? or Not at all?
    12-06-07 05:31 PM
    I'm a little hesitant to press my trackball. I usually hit the enter key.
    12-06-07 05:34 PM
    I'm a switch hitter Some times I press my ball, some times I use the Enter key.

Click
    12-06-07 05:37 PM
    I press my ball all the way!
    12-06-07 05:38 PM
    Depends on where and when am using it.sometimes its faster to just use trackball.
    When sending messages and typing here etc I use the return key.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-07 05:54 PM
    I do use the trackball and other times I use the enter key, however, the whole point is the trackball is there to use so why not?

Charlie
    12-06-07 08:28 PM
    ...on my 8830 my trackball doesn't click! i can press it all i want, but it doesn't do a damn thing, i HAVE to use the 'enter' method

the guy who had my phone before me told me that he changed the settings so it wouldn't wear the trackball out, but for the LIFE of my i canNOT figure out how to change it back so the trackball will click and i can stop using the enter key

help!!!
    12-06-07 08:48 PM
    Ever since I found that I can use ENTER/RETURN key instead of the trackball click, I've been using it.
    12-06-07 09:03 PM
    depends what I'm doing but ussually the trackball
    12-06-07 09:26 PM
    Hardcore baller!!
    12-06-07 09:30 PM
    My 7130e had a trackwheel, so once I figured out that I could press the trackball, I've been non stop. From what I've heard the trackball on the 8130 is pretty sturdy.

12-06-07 09:40 PM
    Ever since I found that I can use ENTER/RETURN key instead of the trackball click, I've been using it.
    same here, as my ball start getting dirty
    12-06-07 09:41 PM
    I use my trackball unless I know my hands are filthy in which case I use the enter key. I Try to keep the ball clean.
    12-06-07 09:44 PM
    I try not too. I want my trackball to last as long as possible. Its just so easy to roll and click... Roll and click.

12-06-07 10:07 PM
    ...on my 8830 my trackball doesn't click! i can press it all i want, but it doesn't do a damn thing, i HAVE to use the 'enter' method

the guy who had my phone before me told me that he changed the settings so it wouldn't wear the trackball out, but for the LIFE of my i canNOT figure out how to change it back so the trackball will click and i can stop using the enter key

help!!!
    Since getting my 8830 on Tuesday, trackball only.
    To have your Trackball click; Option > Screen/keyboard > scroll down to Trackball > audible roll.
    12-06-07 10:40 PM
    I'm a ball pusher all the way!
    12-07-07 06:34 AM
    I'm not sure I feel comfortable speaking about my 'ball'! Nonetheless, I use the "carriage return" a much as I can...
    12-07-07 06:40 AM
    I'm not sure I feel comfortable speaking about my 'ball'! Nonetheless, I use the "carriage return" a much as I can...
    Ball? what ball? I believe it's balls for your Nav 8800 got a ball, Pearl got a ball and now the latest of your collection, 8320. That shows you have 3 BALLS!
    12-07-07 08:15 AM
    Combo - ball most of the time, enter key in messages and auto complete.
    Has anyone seen cases of the ball actually wearing out?
    12-07-07 12:26 PM

help!!!
    OPTIONS (Wrench) | Screen/Keyboard | Scroll down to "Trackball Audible Roll" and change option to "Click"

Although I don't know why there is this feature...it's just strange IMHO.

On the related topic of "To push ball or not" My ball scrolls fine, but more often than not does nothing unless I push really, really hard. So I use it as a scrolling feature and use the CR for selection.

Then I walk around all day saying, "My ball isn't sensitive enough." Gets a laugh at the office.

tdg
    12-07-07 01:41 PM
    I use the trackball all the way. isn't that the reason they put it there was to use..
    12-07-07 02:47 PM
    Since getting my 8830 on Tuesday, trackball only.
    To have your Trackball click; Option > Screen/keyboard > scroll down to Trackball > audible roll.
    yes, i know about the audible roll, but i'm not talking about the sound - i'm talking about clicking it and it actually working.

when i press the trackball it doesn't do anything! i HAVE to hit 'enter'

but i would much rather use the trackball... any ideas as to how to get the trackball to work?
    12-07-07 03:44 PM
    OPTIONS (Wrench) | Screen/Keyboard | Scroll down to "Trackball Audible Roll" and change option to "Click"

Although I don't know why there is this feature...it's just strange IMHO.

On the related topic of "To push ball or not" My ball scrolls fine, but more often than not does nothing unless I push really, really hard. So I use it as a scrolling feature and use the CR for selection.

Then I walk around all day saying, "My ball isn't sensitive enough." Gets a laugh at the office.

tdg
    it's already on 'click' for the audible option, but it doesn't do anything! it does not work, i HAVE to hit 'enter'

is there a way to get my trackball fixed? where? how?
    12-07-07 03:48 PM
    I use the trackball always, but when my thumbs are really hurting I use my enter key.
    12-07-07 03:52 PM
    Oh, that's a different problem. Read my first reply on this topic.

I've had problems with dirt/dust/salt/sand getting down in there and causing it to roll but not click.

Check for another post on here on how to clean your trackball.
    12-07-07 03:55 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD