Hi - My 2 years on my Curve 8330 (VZW) are long since up and I'm thinking of treating myself to an 8530. My understanding is that the only downside is the lack of camera flash, which seems dumb, but I can deal.

But how hard is it to move over?
    -SD card - I think this is trivial
    - address book - ditto
    - 3rd party apps - (all purchased through handango) do I have to re-purchase them, or ? (I assume i have to re-install them all, one at a time (sigh).
    - General settings (profiles, ringtones, browser favorites, Email preferences, etc) - do I need to re-program by hand?
    - theme - I found an unusual theme that some guy did that displays all icons as text - I'm guessing i have to hope I find another (or SOL) if I switch?

what am I forgetting?

I mean, to be honest, every time I think of all this, and the fact that I'm not really unhappy with my curve, I decide to stand pat - a bit surprising that RIM has set things up that way - doesn't sell any HW for them..

thanks!
    /bbb
    08-09-10 07:56 PM
    When you can grab the blackberry from my hand, you will be ready Grasshopper.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-10 08:26 PM
    The 8530 would not be an upgrade from the 8330.
    08-09-10 08:34 PM
    Just do a full backup with desktop manager and restore it when you get your new phone, any configuration would be restored. - profiles, messages ect.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-10 09:47 PM
    If your going to upgrade, your going to want to get a Bold, since it is better in general and will get OS 6. To answer some of your questions:

-Your SD card should be able to go into any Blackberry and work fine.

-If you go to a store, they should be able to transfer your contacts just fine. They were able to transfer my mom's to a new phone when her 8330 screen stopped working!

-I am not familiar with Handango, I wish I could help you here. Maybe you could ask them about this and see if they would be able to help you.

-If you are switching to an 8530, the screen is the exact same as the 8330, so there is a chance you could have the theme on your new phone. Otherwise, if there is a way to contact the dev, you might be able to get him to make a version for whatever phone that you get.

Good luck, and I hope I have helped you!
    08-09-10 10:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD