I was wondering how you do this?

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-09 05:46 PM
    Huh? I don't know what you're asking. You want to have the gps always default to your home location when turned on?

04-09-09 06:53 PM
    Huh? I don't know what you're asking. You want to have the gps always default to your home location when turned on?

Thats what I meant... Does it do it at startup?
    04-09-09 08:16 PM
    When you turn it on, it starts with wherever you are. It's, ummm in the nature of a gps, after all, to do that :-)

04-09-09 08:40 PM
    When you start it up it user cell tower triangulation to find your general area before the phone finds you some satellites...

04-09-09 10:11 PM
    What application/program are you asking about?

BBMaps, Google Maps, VZNav, something else?
    04-09-09 11:12 PM
    I don't know how to do this either, but wish I could. I cannot speak for the OP, but it would be helpful for me.

I live in the very back of an apartment complex. There is a street that runs behind my apartment, but the entrance to the street is not parallel to the apartment entrance. When I turn on GPS it gives me the address for the house behind me, and thus the directions to get from point A to point B from that address, not my home address. I would like to know how to start GPS from my physical home address, because if I were to go by the address behind me, it would take me in the opposite direction. I hope that made sense.

I am using Google Maps. I tried the yellow pages program, but it kept freezing. I have not tried Amaze yet, that's next on my list. Do any of the mapping / gps programs let you set a home address as a starting point? I think this may be what the OP meant.
    04-10-09 02:20 AM
    Type in the coordinates (latitude and longitude) instead of the address.
    04-10-09 06:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD