I have 3 e-mail addresses: Email1@email.com, Email2@email.com, and Email3@email.com.

All of them have their separates inboxes whenever something is sent. Email1 inbox has all the Email1 emails, Email2 inbox has all the Email2 emails, etc. The e-mails from all 3 accounts also show up in the "Messages" section whenever something is sent to one of my e-mails. (This is the same "Messages" that notifies you when you have a missed call, a BBM, etc.) However, Email2 is a work e-mail that sends a lot of mail that I don't need to read immediately. I prefer not to have any of E-mail2 show up in "Messages." How do I set it up so that it doesn't show up in "Messages" but still ends up in the Email2@email.com inbox? I've already separated e-mail and SMS in the general options but that doesn't really address my problem.

Thanks,

Cas
    03-11-08 01:46 AM
    That's all you can do.
    03-11-08 02:08 AM
    The "messages" folder is going to always contain all messages, regardless of type. Since you've already elected for the BB to separate out email from SMS/MMS, why don't you just hide the "messages" icon? That way, you'll only have the icons for "email" and "SMS & MMS"
    03-11-08 10:56 AM
    Shemmy, that is a legitimate suggestion, however there are other message formats that will get posted ONLY to the main Messages folder (push messages from the browser, PIN messages, etc) that might be missed if that folder is hidden.

If the users never expected to get those type messages, no problemo!
    03-11-08 11:00 AM
    Since I don't use BB Messenger or get push messages from the browser, those had completely slipped my mind! Sorry about the oversight.
    03-11-08 08:44 PM
    Thanks guys,

It looks like that's just the ways things are with a Blackberry.
    03-11-08 10:55 PM
    Hey, I'd never noticed that I could seperate my e-mail from my texts!

Awsome!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-08 04:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD