I don't need to defeat it since I don't really care what they think. I just use what works for me. Just as I don't care what they do on their phone (except when they're playing Clash of Clans, etc. getting preoccupied about something on their phone while working).

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    m1a1mg, mkelley65, shaleem and 1 others like this.
    12-22-14 12:23 PM
    I recieve a mix of positive and negative comments, to which I answer "everyone uses what works for them, and blackberry works for me." Usually that puts everyone in their place
    12-22-14 07:35 PM
    So far I've never actually had to justify my choice of the BlackBerry Passport to anyone. Everyone I've talked to about it are very respectful of my choice.
    thymaster likes this.
    12-22-14 08:36 PM
    Simple, unpretentious demo is enough.

"Apple haven't really been innovating that much this year, at least not to this level..."

Then I just demo the flick-type touch keyboard on the Passport, and the swipe-to-delete...

Hub, multitasking, SDcard, Quick Settings, Android / Amazon app store and a few more bits, then let them make a decision whether they like it...

I also mention that there are all-touch models available, but you don't see them on display in the shops. This is a connoisseur phone....

:-D

�   Zzzzwipetypetapped from The Maskport - Zzzzmoqin'....   �
    ronfc likes this.
    12-22-14 11:29 PM
    This is a connoisseur phone..
    Amazing reference!!!

Usually they ask me if blackberry is not dead or bankrupt to which I answer: No!

Then i just need to show them my Q5 and all the things it can do despite being from a "deceased" company. Then they understand that Blackberry has a lot to offer and never bring the subject again.

Let me get a Classic or a Passport and they will see
    Prem WatsApp likes this.
    12-23-14 03:00 AM
    I find that the negative comments about BlackBerry tend to come only from self described "techy" people.
    100% THIS. And that's exactly what bugs me most about it: they aren't techy at all. But as soon as they got that (99% of the time) iPhone they're like 'look I'm a cool techy person' and they start boasting about things they don't understand.

Posted via CB10
    thymaster likes this.
    12-23-14 03:08 AM
    I'm glad I don't hang out where many of you must. Why would you care what a stranger thinks of your phone. Hell, even if it were a friend that came up and talked s*** about your phone, I'd find better friends.

Has CB been taken over by teens who actually care about this kind of thing?
    shaleem and thymaster like this.
    12-23-14 08:47 AM
    There are no BlackBerry stereotypes around me anymore.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1151
    12-23-14 09:02 AM
    None at the moment yet. As people around me see with my BlackBerry Passport, they try to look at it closer as they could. Because we all know it's different from theirs which look all the same, Samsung, iPhone, HTC, Cherry Mobile, etc etc. They just asked me what is it called and politely answer them "It's a BlackBerry Passport", my mini laptop. Because I can do everything with it. And they seems amazed, especially when they see I can scroll through the page with the keyboard!

**Now the keyboard scroll on this CB10 app won't work after making this post

PasaportePilipinasSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    12-23-14 09:30 AM
    But there is a BlackBerry stereotype - it is not only the phone it is the user ( age, ethnicity, & sex) and how BlackBerry owners use their phone (sits in an holster unless the person is answering or sending an e-mail or text).

Most people do not need a physical keyboard and BlackBerry needs to broaden their appeal past the Classic.
    12-23-14 10:02 AM
    Amazing reference!!!

Usually they ask me if blackberry is not dead or bankrupt to which I answer: No!

Then i just need to show them my Q5 and all the things it can do despite being from a "deceased" company. Then they understand that Blackberry has a lot to offer and never bring the subject again.

Let me get a Classic or a Passport and they will see
    Yeah, took me a while until I found the right word for a phone only those who know will buy (and track down where to purchase, like that outstanding drop from "that tiny rural French winery"... )

*** Remember the Reazon for the Zeazon... ***
    12-23-14 10:04 AM
    I've never had anyone comment on my choice of phone, or phones.
    m1a1mg and Tre Lawrence like this.
    12-23-14 10:25 AM
    Don't care, as long as I can read an email or answer a call I'm happy

Sent using my Note 4
    12-23-14 11:12 AM
    I've never had anyone comment on my choice of phone, or phones.
    Me neither.

I'm beginning to feel that we live in an alternate reality.

I refuse to derive victimization from an electronic choice.
    Last edited by Tre Lawrence; 12-23-14 at 01:12 PM.
    12-23-14 11:33 AM
    Went to buy a simcard from a T-mobile store in NYC for Q10. Clerk was rude and condescending when she realized she had to deal with a BlackBerry owner. Gave me a hard time about it. Was uncooperative about providing the Sim. Wouldn't even give me a receipt until I forced it. Didn't say thank you, good bye, merry Christmas or happy holidays.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 11:34 AM
    I think there's a dynamic going on that doesn't get talked about much that partially explains people's rejection of BlackBerry since the emergence of iPhone (and later Android) .

Back in the mid 2000s, before BYOD, most smartphone users were, by definition, BlackBerry users who were issues devices by there companies. Most of these were management types, and their Blackberries validated their status. IPhone appealed to young, music oriented people who could stop carrying two devices (a music player and a phone). On top of that, iPhone offered the first good Internet browser on a mainstream phone. Most of these new users were younger and of lower professional status than the BlackBerry crowd, and they identify BlackBerry with their boring, old school bosses.

The genius of Apple, as a business, is the way they entice their user base to consume things...music, movies, and Apps. It's a great, consumer-oriented business model. As the users consume, they identify more and more with the device. They view themselves as iPhone users as part of their social identity.

BlackBerry, as a brand, was horribly positioned to copy that model. It didn't have the brand image, infrastructure or partnerships to succeed, but it tried to and failed. This was a failure of imagination in corporate strategy.

BlackBerry has now settled on a realistic strategy, based on its strengths, that does not require that they compete with Apple for consumers' passions. They are positioning themselves against the market leaders by defining the category of customers that carry a phone to use as a tool to get sh** done. This is a much smaller market, but it is at least a viable one where BlackBerry can compete.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 12:08 PM
    ^ Well said.
    12-23-14 11:12 PM
    A technique I use with anyone in attack mode is to follow up the attack with one word response. It is "and". Keep doing this over and over and eventually the person just stops talking. Really works. Try it out for fun. They either answer their own question or get frustrated and walk away.

Posted via CB10
    thymaster likes this.
    12-23-14 11:28 PM
68 123