What kind of poor comments do you guys get when you pull out your Blackberry? And how did you handle them?

Typical ones are they went Bankrupt, no apps or you have to do like 6 battery pulls a day.
    12-20-14 03:15 PM
    Another one of these threads?
    Chrisy, m1a1mg and shaleem like this.
    12-20-14 03:20 PM
    No joke, 4 people at the bar last night came up to me and asked me about my Passport and they all wanted to know where to get one. Most people are open to the idea of getting a BlackBerry, and many people have very fond memories of their old BlackBerry. Unfortunately, average people simply don't know BlackBerry is still in business and have no idea where to buy them.

I find that the negative comments about BlackBerry tend to come only from self described "techy" people.

Posted via CB10
    thymaster and BBVegasGirl80 like this.
    12-20-14 03:35 PM
    I usually say "it is what works for me". But then I have never been one to care what others "think" about me or what I do or use.
    12-20-14 03:38 PM
    I just say, "Did you get your iPhone at WalMart?"
    12-20-14 03:41 PM
    I look at them sigh and walk away

Posted via CB10
    phuoc likes this.
    12-20-14 04:03 PM
    Agree with them 100%. No discussion after that. Bye bye....as I drive off in my Pcar lol.

Posted by my fabulous Passport
    imcurved likes this.
    12-20-14 04:13 PM
    I have been describe as the only person that owns a Blackberry by my job's Verizon rep out all the people he does business with. At the end of the day, I don't care what other people think about my phone choice.
    Chrisy and TGR1 like this.
    12-20-14 05:22 PM
    Most people say: "wow, old school".
    There's a stigma that using BlackBerry means you have no idea what smartphone is.

I can only reply: "Blackberry has what I need and I'm smart no matter my phone is".

They mock me and then they say: "Let me have a look". Then they get confused about how the gesture works.

I said: "You won't be able to use it unless you smart".

They t

Posted via CB10
    potatoguy, BB_Junky and Chrisy like this.
    12-20-14 05:30 PM
    There is one I will never understand. Being it the so called "edicated" people which are also great sheeple: don't they do a research and surf BlackBerry or check amazon?

Curiosity ? Google?

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 06:40 PM
    Brag about the battery life!
    muellerto likes this.
    12-20-14 06:43 PM
    Not since OS10 - I hold my head up and say BlackBerry and my phone runs Android and the best of BlackBerry World so back off Bud.

Michael Atl

Posted via CB10
    srzjumper likes this.
    12-20-14 06:58 PM
    Not since OS10 - I hold my head up and say BlackBerry and my phone runs Android and the best of BlackBerry World so back off Bud.

Michael Atl

Oh wow. LOL.
    Chrisy, Rello, m1a1mg and 1 others like this.
    12-20-14 07:08 PM
    As Blackberry is making no effort to challenge the belief "Blackberry is dead" in the consumer market... there is very little anyone can do when Apple and Sammy have the consumer market locked up... it is a sit and wait to see for consumers where the company decides to go in the next couple of years after developing the Enterprise side... may be BB may never get their mojo back in the consumer market and if that is the case all consumer users are going to feel what it is like to live in what is called a Niche......
    Chrisy and VeryBumpy like this.
    12-20-14 07:09 PM
    At my current workplace, they come to me for tech assistance. My boss told me she was happy to see that I use a BlackBerry because communication and organization is important in my role. So, it is nice that it still retains it's reputation as a workhorse.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    potatoguy likes this.
    12-20-14 07:11 PM
    I doubt that people mean any harm with their comments. It probably doesn't occur to them that you might be smartphone brand loyal. Try not to take it too seriously. Vigorously defending your smartphone in casual conversation will not make people rethink their phone choice and will just make you seem odd.
    Tre Lawrence, Chrisy, TGR1 and 2 others like this.
    12-20-14 07:12 PM
    I used to get offended. Now I realize reacting is what they want. So when someone with an iPhone says "You still have a BlackBerry? " I usually nod and reply, "Yes and I see you still have an iPhone." there's not really anywhere to go with the conversation after that.

Weirdly people with Androids seem not to care.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 07:49 PM
    I get so highly offended I challenge them to a phone off and everyone gathers around while we wield our smartphones in an epic battle.
    TgeekB, Chrisy, TGR1 and 4 others like this.
    12-20-14 07:53 PM
    When you are feeling persecuted it always helps to think of those who are far less fortunate. At least you are defending a smartphone that still exists. No matter how dedicated you are, you will never match up to the Palm Pre Tattoo guy who will have to answer questions about this smartphone for the rest of his life every time he wears a tank top. It's only been 5 years and already nobody knows what the heck that is on his shoulder.

How do you defeat the BlackBerry Stereotype?-17itgrduw32abjpg.jpg
    Chrisy, TGR1 and Fronzcamino like this.
    12-20-14 08:19 PM
    BB10 is not an upgrade from OS7 but a replacement. Nuff said.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 08:30 PM
    My life is not defined by the device I carry. If people make fun of my Z10, it is what it is. Life goes on.
    jmr1015, donnation, Chrisy and 4 others like this.
    12-20-14 08:42 PM
    They don't say anything about it with those in my age group but maybe if I hang with teenage kids they'll be saying things and get curious with it.
    If BlackBerry will be consistent in producing phones that gains interest like Passport or classic. It will be back to consumer market again if it want to. Passport and Classic is getting more attention than any BlackBerry 10 devices there ever was.

Posted via CB10
    Chrisy likes this.
    12-20-14 09:25 PM
    It's up to BlackBerry to break the stereotype.
    I was at a Christmas party with a bunch of lawyers and was looking up something and pretty much all of them were in shock about my Z30. They had never heard of it before, including one who was still sporting a Torch. I showed them a few things and demonstrated some of the common Android apps. Their firm offers iPhone or BlackBerry Bold as options and they all use iPhones. They are now switching to BlackBerry Classic, so we'll see if BlackBerry can rebuild it's reputation as more people learn about BB10 OS and it's capabilities.

Posted via CB10
    Chrisy likes this.
    12-20-14 09:28 PM
    I met someone today at a party and our hubby's have iPhones. They were trying to show eachother photos and were scrolling forever. I typed the name of a picture on my Z30, and up it popped!
    That started a BB discussion. Turns out the wife has a BB!! Keyboard, no touch screen, so maybe a 9000 (didn't have it with her). I think I may have sold her on a Classic. I did warn her that she might have trouble finding one, but suggested she look it up online to see if she liked it. I showed her a picture on CB.
    Have to educate people, one at a time!!

Q10 > Z10 >Z30>?
    Chrisy likes this.
    12-20-14 09:35 PM
    As Blackberry is making no effort to challenge the belief "Blackberry is dead" in the consumer market... there is very little anyone can do when Apple and Sammy have the consumer market locked up... it is a sit and wait to see for consumers where the company decides to go in the next couple of years after developing the Enterprise side... may be BB may never get their mojo back in the consumer market and if that is the case all consumer users are going to feel what it is like to live in what is called a Niche......
    Dude, are you allergic to paragraphs?

Posted via CB10
    TGR1 likes this.
    12-20-14 11:06 PM
68 123