I am in the same situation. My wife went from a Curve to an iPhone. We tried Google Talk and there is not a separate app for the iPhone so that was out. We tried AIM and it worked well for a few days. I then found out that while it would say I was logged in on my Bold I really wasn't. She would send me a message and it was telling her I was not logged in. The 3rd attempt was Yahoo Messenger, which has worked great for the past 2-3 weeks. The smileys are a lot better on Yahoo, too.
    11-13-09 09:25 AM
    OP, keep an eye on WhatsApp, actually is like the BBM for iPhones and it's working great, and the BB version is on Beta, once it finishes, they will make Chat available for iPhone-Blackberry.
    11-13-09 09:27 AM
    My friends and I use AIM or just sms... Good luck working this all out

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-09 12:38 PM
    My preferred method: I call the person. You do know these are just phones don't you?
    wats calling. lol
    11-13-09 12:39 PM
    Pretty soon couples are going to sms each other in bed......instead of you just talking....
    11-13-09 12:44 PM
    Here's a novel idea...try speaking to them face to face...and if you can't for some odd reason try using the phone feature and call them.Really it works!!

11-13-09 12:48 PM
    My fiance has an iphone (I know, I know..), so we usually just text. Though I do wish he had BBM, it would be more convenient.

11-13-09 01:24 PM
    Beejive is the best IM app and I believe has email alerts for incoming chats. That or email would work.
    Agreed. It's what I use to communicate with my girlfriend who has a tour. Msn messenger seems to work best with Beejive.

11-13-09 06:51 PM
    I just email...don't have a txt plan, and really it seems kind of primitive with these 'smart phones.' (No offense to those of you txt'ers, just not for me)
    11-13-09 10:13 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD