Either way, I'm sure Google licensed their apps to amazon but somehow had to add blackberry in there.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-15 08:21 PM
    we can run Google Play Services. However Android Appstore is separate from GPlay. there are other devices(Android) that do not have access to the Play Store.

Here's the load setup for GPlay on BB10
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...g-page-965257/
    11-22-15 08:27 PM
    Because we aren't part of OHA

Posted via CB10
    howarmat likes this.
    11-22-15 08:28 PM
    This has literally been explained hundreds of times

Posted via CB10
    rthonpm likes this.
    11-22-15 08:43 PM
    Amazon is pretty much Google-free, and the availability of an app in the Amazon Appstore depends on the dev to put it in there...

:-)

�   AC/CB - back in black or highway to mobile h*ll? ;-P   �
    11-22-15 09:48 PM
    First, read this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-store-953753/

Google created and owns the Google Play Store and Google Services. They have licenses and rules that people have to comply with if they want access to those, and BB10's Android Runtime doesn't meet those rules. Google doesn't allow people to use Google's properties to compete against Google.

However, Google doesn't own the apps themselves (except the ones they write themselves) - the individual developers own their apps.

Amazon's Marketplace is an alternative Android app store. Developers can choose to create a version of their app and upload it to alternative app stores, including Amazon's - however, to do so, they must remove Google Services and replace all of those functions with alternative services. Amazon provides many replacement services, but not everything, so devs have to find other alternatives, or create their own.

The problem is that this takes quite a bit of work, including testing and support, and a lot of devs don't bother since nearly everyone who accesses the Amazon app store also has access to Google Play, and are more likely to get the app there. The ones who do make an Amazon version tend to make that version a much lower priority for development and maintenance, because most of their userbase comes from Google Play. It's the same reason why BB World wasn't populated with most Amazon apps, even though devs could have made a version that would run on BB10's ART.

Ultimately, that's why BB has moved to Android - it's really the only solution to the app gap. Devs simply don't want to support more than 2 or, at most, 3 different OSs, especially given the tiny marketshare of everything below 3rd place (WinPhone). Devs mostly base their development decisions on the size of the userbase, with other considerations being things like: the quality of the development tools and APIs, and the demographics of the users. PCs have had a hugely popular OS (Windows), a high-end alternative (Apple), and a few other choices with very limited support (Linux/BSD versions). Devs don't want to support more than that on the desktop, and they don't want to support more than that on mobile either.
    11-23-15 02:58 AM
    I just noticed the OP did not thank Troy.
    I wonder why.
    11-25-15 03:24 PM