I just got my pearl not long ago, and im operating on v4.3. iI was wondering how u know when new os's are availibile. And I noticed that the ring volumes are low on this phone and someone said verizon will fix it with a update...how do i know when they do? and what to do to get it? And i was also wondering how i can make my calendar reminders like the alarm clock where it continues to beep until i see the reminder?

Thanks in advance!

I love this site, everyone is friendly and very helpful.

By the way im 16 and already have a BlackBerry.

Paris Hiltons friend Caroline D Amore talked me into one lol.
    05-10-08 09:05 AM
    When a new OS comes out, you'll know because your Berry will start to silently cry until you upgrade.
    05-10-08 09:07 AM
    Step 2 in the procedure linked below shows you where to find the latest version of your OS. It also shows you how to optimize your memory to reduce the likelihood of losing text messages and call logs. Watch and read the forums for a few days before you try it. It's not a trivial procedure. Learn from the questions others are asking as they try it, and it'll be easier for you.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ee-memory.html
    05-10-08 09:33 AM
    Welcome to CB.
    05-10-08 09:34 AM
    Just keep your eyes peeled to this site, as soon as an updated OS is available, you will see it pop up in the Pearl 2 forums!

Welcome to CB!
    05-10-08 11:22 AM
    I was also wondering how i can make my calendar reminders like the alarm clock where it continues to beep until i see the reminder?
    05-10-08 02:06 PM
    If you follow this board at all, you'll know a few months before a new OS is being released.
    When you set an event on your calender, you have the option to set the alert. (task manager)
    Might suit your needs a bit better from the sounds of it.
    You can get louder ringtones by loading your own and amplifying with a 3rd party software, like audacity.
    Welcome to your new addiction.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-08 02:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD