I would like to know how can I change the tone to a different tone that will alert me when I receive text messages/emails etc.

Thanks,
    and oh, I have a blackberry curve.
    09-27-08 11:35 PM
    Profiles/advanced/ profile of choice and there you go.
    Welcome to CB

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-08 11:36 PM
    Profiles>Advanced, then highlight the profile that you want changed and hit Menu>edit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-08 11:37 PM
    Hey Greg!
    Thanks so much. However, as I go through my blackberry, I can't find profiles. the closes thing I have to profiles is options?
    09-27-08 11:41 PM
    sorry. once I get to profile and click advance. it just says loud, vibriate etc. then it says use active profile except for important calls. I dont know what to hightlight?
    Last edited by whoop123; 09-27-08 at 11:48 PM.
    09-27-08 11:46 PM
    sorry. once I get to profile and click advance. it just says loud, vibriate etc. then it says use active profile except for important calls. I dont know what to hightlight?

Highlight the active profile and click the menu key, then scroll to edit. Click the trackball then scroll to what you want to change.
    09-28-08 12:09 AM
    you're so smarttttttttt thanks mufffinnn
    09-28-08 12:18 AM
    You're welcome, Buttercup!
    09-28-08 12:26 AM
    hey - if you're interested in setting custom ring tones there's an absolutley wonderful thread with step-by-step instructions for creating custom ring tones for email, sms, mms, calls -PER CONTACT. Yes, you read me right, --you can make the berry sound different for each form of contact from every different contact you wish. -- Naviwilliams and storeyno and a few others get down and dirty with detailed info. -- search for that forum -- and by the way "searching the forums" is ALWAYS the way to start before starting a new thread. The question asked to open this thread has been addressed many other places. Not sure how to search?? - look at the option bar on the top of the page and see the "help & discussion forums" tab, move mouse over that - from dropdown menu select "advanced forum search" then play with it -- for example enter "custom ring tone" or "sms tone contact specific" or "how ringtone" - you'll find more info and answers by searching then you will by starting a new thread and waiting for a response (I learned this the hard way and wanna save a newbie some headaches)

and.... welcome!
    09-28-08 12:38 AM
    oh, i started answering...but everybody did already...lol bb power!
    09-28-08 12:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD